Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Transmission problems (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30415)

WaitingOn2010 07-01-2009 08:41 PM

Transmission problems

Anyone else having transmission issues? My 2SS Auto has been in the shop for a week.

bluch 07-01-2009 08:43 PM

brutal

69 Hugger 07-01-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaitingOn2010 (Post 640117)
Anyone else having transmission issues? My 2SS Auto has been in the shop for a week.

Whats the trans doing or not doing ?

Todd252 07-13-2009 11:49 AM

Transmission woes...

I don't know about anyone else's issues but I cannot even get my car. It was supposed to be in on July 1st, then GM Quality Control grabbed it and now won't release it becuase of some issue with the manual transmission. (they won't elaborate on the issue)

GM told my dealer this morning it would be mid-August before they would be able to resolve this issue and fix the cars. So I have a awesome 2SS sitting in Canada that as transmission issues that they won't even ship.

Did I mention that I already sold my truck because this car was already at 4800 status and supposed to be on a train.

I WANT MY CAR!!!

Dr Jkel 07-13-2009 11:57 AM

Yes there is an issue with the tail shaft breaking, better for them to fix it now though, sorry for the wait

06MonteSS 07-13-2009 11:58 AM

the output shafts are snapping... big thread about it goin already...

so that's why it's held up in QC...

Baughman 07-13-2009 11:58 AM

They are saying you wont get it til mid August? Yikes that's not looking good for my car then.

ComancheSS2 07-13-2009 12:02 PM

I can relate

I can relate. I sold my Chevy SSR to a local hot rodder and he wants my truck. I did tell him that I could not release it until my car came in. Both of us are being a patient as possible given the circumstance.

Hopefully they will get it resolved ASAP. At my local dealership they have been getting a new Camaro each week. They have two here for sale, a red RT/RS and they got a loaded Black SS Auto on Friday. From what I understand, they still have over 10 more on order including mine.

Good Luck,

Kevin Storey
Comanche, TX
Waiting on a ABM SS2/RS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd252 (Post 675066)
I don't know about anyone else's issues but I cannot even get my car. It was supposed to be in on July 1st, then GM Quality Control grabbed it and now won't release it becuase of some issue with the manual transmission. (they won't elaborate on the issue)

GM told my dealer this morning it would be mid-August before they would be able to resolve this issue and fix the cars. So I have a awesome 2SS sitting in Canada that as transmission issues that they won't even ship.

Did I mention that I already sold my truck because this car was already at 4800 status and supposed to be on a train.

I WANT MY CAR!!!

chrisgalles 07-13-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baughman (Post 675094)
They are saying you wont get it til mid August? Yikes that's not looking good for my car then.

Wow...I hope that's not the case. Mine was built the Friday before shutdown and is in QC...Hopefully they are all well rested and can get ours out ASAP!

At least this problem was found before we got ours and didn't have to be without for a week or more.

OUR72GTO 07-13-2009 12:23 PM

Calling Area 51!

coolman 07-13-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaitingOn2010 (Post 640117)

The only problems I've heard about are with the manual breaking tail shafts.
The only thing about autos I've heard about are being slow(for some). What problem do you have?

Sandi2010 07-13-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd252 (Post 675066)

I WANT MY CAR!!!

Refer to this thread regarding QC issues...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22850

Baughman 07-13-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisgalles (Post 675155)
Wow...I hope that's not the case. Mine was built the Friday before shutdown and is in QC...Hopefully they are all well rested and can get ours out ASAP!

At least this problem was found before we got ours and didn't have to be without for a week or more.

I hear ya man. My TPW isn't til 7/27 and I will be expecting my car mid August..... that is unless there is some sort of hold up. Keep you fingers crossed

Baughman 07-13-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 675203)
The only problems I've heard about are with the manual breaking tail shafts.
The only thing about autos I've heard about are being slow(for some). What problem do you have?

Alot of M6 guys are breaking their CV joints as well. That's more of a problem right now then tailshafts from what I've read.