Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   is the Camaro worth it? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59098)

CamaroFreako 01-03-2010 04:47 PM

is the Camaro worth it?

hello everybody...

i am new to this site and all....
i am 19 and i am going to buy my first Car...which i had in mind that it going to be the 2010 Camaro LT/RS, but sadly no body ever recommend it to me at all. Everybody says that I should buy a Lexus or Audi, but i want a sport car such as Camaro, Mustang, Challenger.
So, i am here to get some guidance from the Camaro drivers. Is the Camaro worth it? do you use it in your daily life or you got another Car for that and the Camaro just for fun nights?

sorry to take so long. but buying a car isn't that easy. its something i am going to drive for next 5 years.

thanks

BackinBlackSS/RS 01-03-2010 04:49 PM

Oh yeah, it's worth it. Of course your asking this on a Camaro forum, so there will be a little bias. ;)

trm0002 01-03-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 1344666)
Oh yeah, it's worth it. Of course your asking this on a Camaro forum, so there will be a little bias. ;)

^^^ See, there's the bias.

The supercharged Hyundai Excel is a much better car. :popcorn:

Nutbutt 01-03-2010 04:56 PM

For the money and the style, I don't think there is any other car that can compete. I know i'm biased but I already owned one and I went out and bought another when I thought the car was really worth it.

CamaroFreako 01-03-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 1344666)

yes i understand there would be a bias, but that okay, all i want to know if Camaro good enough to be with me for the next 5 years as my first car or would i have some problems in some things that the Camaro drivers did have.

CamaroFreako 01-03-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 1344676)
^^^ See, there's the bias.

The supercharged Hyundai Excel is a much better car. :popcorn:

Okay....thanks. but i like American more.

BackinBlackSS/RS 01-03-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFreako (Post 1344690)
yes i understand there would be a bias, but that okay, all i want to know if Camaro good enough to be with me for the next 5 years as my first car or would i have some problems in some things that the Camaro drivers did have.

You take care of your baby and she'll take care of you. :thumbsup:

BackinBlackSS/RS 01-03-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFreako (Post 1344695)

Nevermind him, he's just being a smart ass. And a good one at that. :sm0::sm0:

CamaroFreako 01-03-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutbutt (Post 1344683)
For the money and the style, I don't think there is any other car that can compete. I know i'm biased but I already owned one and I went out and bought another when I thought the car was really worth it.

Two Camaros? that nice....i will try not to envy you......!

Sir Nuke 01-03-2010 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CamaroFreako, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

Attachment 84321

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

YES the Camaro is worth it. You are looking at a LT/RS, I have a 2LT/RS, I love it, and yes, its my daily driver too. It gets descent gas milage, has LOTS of get up and go, and has STLYE out the gazoo. You can't go wrong.

DangerZL1 01-03-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFreako (Post 1344695)

I don't think you got the sarcasm in this repsonse, espcially with the popcorn eating smilie at the end. Of course the Camaro is a wonderful car and there's no way you're going to be guaranteed to have a perfect car, but that is why there is an excellent warranty. On the other hand, I don't think there are too many Audis or Lexus models at the Camaro's price point, especially if you are looking at V6 models. Lexus makes some fine cars, but they aren't American muscle cars and lack the character of the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger. I've looked at each of them, and the Camaro is the nicest of the three.

CamaroFreako 01-03-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 1344702)
CamaroFreako, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

Attachment 84321

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

YES the Camaro is worth it. You are looking at a LT/RS, I have a 2LT/RS, I love it, and yes, its my daily driver too. It gets descent gas milage, has LOTS of get up and go, and has STLYE out the gazoo. You can't go wrong.

Thanks alot for the welcome. i can afford a lot better cars, such as Audi, porshe, Lexus and Benz so everybody think its weird to buy a Camaro compared to the others cars.

MikeSVX 01-03-2010 05:12 PM

Camaro is a great car, but to be honist with you, I normally recommend new drivers by a cheap used car until they get some driving exspirience. Drive a beater for a year or 2. I'm not saying your a bad driver, but you lack the exspierience to aviod the ones that are. after a year or two buy yourself something nice.

I've had my 1SS for three weeks and have had 8 near misses.

ljustin293 01-03-2010 05:14 PM

YES!