Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   CAI inc intake. WOW! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320861)

Ryan87mets 10-01-2013 08:23 AM

CAI inc intake. WOW!

So i installed my new CAI intake the i got from apex motorsports(really fast shipping btw)this weekend and wow it is amazing, probably the best intake for the lfx. the sound is really nice and loud i didnt expect it and u can feel a slight power increase. install was really easy the only annoying part was putting the lid on(took about 20 mins) evantually i just cut the hood molding off cause it was kinda in the way. i highly recommend this product. will post pics later! more mods to come !!!

BronxRS 10-01-2013 08:31 AM

It's a great mod - you should not have had to cut any of the moulding off though. Now pair that CAI up with some a ported throttle body, some hi-flow cats and a cat-back exhaust and you'll be laughing!

Ryan87mets 10-01-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BronxRS (Post 7053000)
It's a great mod - you should not have had to cut any of the moulding off though. Now pair that CAI up with some a ported throttle body, some hi-flow cats and a cat-back exhaust and you'll be laughing!

you are reading my mind!! next performance mod will be ported tb

Sales @ CAI Inc 10-01-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan87mets (Post 7052984)
So i installed my new CAI intake the i got from apex motorsports(really fast shipping btw)this weekend and wow it is amazing, probably the best intake for the lfx. the sound is really nice and loud i didnt expect it and u can feel a slight power increase. install was really easy the only annoying part was putting the lid on(took about 20 mins) evantually i just cut the hood molding off cause it was kinda in the way. i highly recommend this product. will post pics later! more mods to come !!!

Glad to hear you are so happy with our CAI, we really appreciate your support!! :)

Sometimes the rubber trim that wraps around the engine bay comes from the factory a little uneven, and is pushed to far up the driver side. When that's the case you can just remove it and re-attach it so that it is slid over towards the passenger side a little more and out of the way. ;)

djcfuzz 10-04-2013 09:17 PM

Yep, CAI is a great mod for our engines!

Apex Motorsports 10-05-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan87mets (Post 7052984)

Don't know how I missed this! Thank you for your order and...

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/upgrade.jpg

bigssc 10-05-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 7065479)
Don't know how I missed this! Thank you for your order and...

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/upgrade.jpg

who ever this women is i love her :wub:

oh and CAI is the best!!

JohnnyBfromPeoria 10-05-2013 10:33 AM

Her name's Amanda and apparently, she's quite real. Chase said so.

John B.

Starfox634 10-05-2013 02:57 PM

I'm also considering a CIA intake, I looked up the one from Apex for a V6, and its a pretty good buy. What does the hood scope do for it when paired with it? Or the benefits gained by pairing it with the CIA intake.

djcfuzz 10-05-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starfox634 (Post 7066260)
I'm also considering a CIA intake, I looked up the one from Apex for a V6, and its a pretty good buy. What does the hood scope do for it when paired with it? Or the benefits gained by pairing it with the CIA intake.

Are you referring to the apex air scoop? This mounts near the driver front wheel well & takes air from the bottom grill and helps pass it up to the air intake. Another common thing to do is move the windshield washer reservoir as the stock one blocks that air flow. I installed the rotofab windshield washer relocate and the apex scoop with my CAI. Apex also sells a WW relocate.

KaBoom1701 10-05-2013 05:05 PM

Best mod for our cars is the CAI air intake!

Jenner 10-05-2013 05:41 PM

Agreed, the best. I love getting close to redline now

Apex Motorsports 10-05-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigssc (Post 7065516)
who ever this women is i love her :wub:

oh and CAI is the best!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria (Post 7065697)
Her name's Amanda and apparently, she's quite real. Chase said so.

John B.

Yep, that is Apex Amanda. She is one of our spokes models along with Apex Morgan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starfox634 (Post 7066260)

Quote:

Originally Posted by djcfuzz (Post 7066320)
Are you referring to the apex air scoop? This mounts near the driver front wheel well & takes air from the bottom grill and helps pass it up to the air intake. Another common thing to do is move the windshield washer reservoir as the stock one blocks that air flow. I installed the rotofab windshield washer relocate and the apex scoop with my CAI. Apex also sells a WW relocate.

djcfuzz pretty much covered it. In short, it helps the intake do it's job better and make more power.

Sales @ CAI Inc 10-07-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 (Post 7066501)
Best mod for our cars is the CAI air intake!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenner (Post 7066589)
Agreed, the best. I love getting close to redline now

Thanks guys we appreciate that very much!!! :thumbsup: