Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   GO LEAFS GO!!!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292878)

Merc 05-13-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckynuts (Post 6539100)
Vegas says Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazynuts and RredHot just getting ready to head out to the bar to watch game 7. Leaf jersey #7 is unpacked and ready for action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Bud. There's a great Deuling Piano Bar just across the street and up a few blocks.:biggrin:

:thumb:

Hylton 05-13-2013 10:59 PM

Bruins fans who were at that one will remember it for the rest of their lives. WOW!

STINGER BEE 05-14-2013 06:41 AM

Man with the leafs ahead 4-1 with 12 minutes left,I thought my B's were over and out.
I shut the TV of figured my team was done for this year,and wake today that a miracle happened.Like you say what happened the wheels must have fallen of the leafs or someone a fire under the butts of the Bruins and got them to move.
Got to give the leafs credit though, it could have gone either way. Great series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRay (Post 6540213)
WTF Happened....4-4

stratman2SSRS 05-14-2013 07:08 AM

:sad0147::iono:

detamble13 05-14-2013 08:22 AM

I imagine there were a few TVs that got punched last night

blkngldbabe 05-14-2013 08:38 AM

Still Proud of my young team. They battled hard and nobody thought they could hang with the big bad Bruins. Inexperience bit them in the butt in the final 5 minutes but that was a solid SOLID 55 minutes of hockey. Congrats Bruins fans, That must have been magical to watch. I'm gutted, but looking forward to the future as hope is back in Toronto.

STINGER BEE 05-14-2013 08:53 AM

I agree they put on a good show had my Bruins against the wall.Once Toronto made it 4-1 with only 12 mins. left,I went to bed and never in the world expect wake up and find out they came back and won.
Toronto as good fans at least they didn't Riot and tear downtown Toronto apart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkngldbabe (Post 6541759)
Still Proud of my young team. They battled hard and nobody thought they could hang with the big bad Bruins. Inexperience bit them in the butt in the final 5 minutes but that was a solid SOLID 55 minutes of hockey. Congrats Bruins fans, That must have been magical to watch. I'm gutted, but looking forward to the future as hope is back in Toronto.

SQUALO 05-14-2013 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blkngldbabe (Post 6541759)

:word:

Thank you, Leafs, for a great season, and getting to the playoffs and putting forth a great effort. You made us proud! :clap:

You have to remember we had a young and inexperienced team, as far as playoffs are concerned (majority from the Marlies, never played in NHL playoffs).
Not to mention a team that has not spent a lot of time together.
I think the team will grow closer, next year, and adapt to the conditions and feel more comfortable playing together.

I know many will talk about trades, but I think we need to keep what we have and work with them, and they WILL come together.
Our goaltenders should stay put, and work hard with them, and they will be outstanding.
The only person I have NO use for is Dion Phaneuf, who I never liked since day one, and is NOT worthy of the "C" on his jersey.

Job well done by all the players and coaches. :thumb:

Attachment 510252

Matster 05-14-2013 08:07 PM

Like Leaf fans say every year....maybe next year. I stopped watching after the last lock out and don't get imotionally invested.

luckynuts 05-14-2013 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Son of a................I've been a Leaf fan too long. Even at 4-1 I was waiting for the hammer to drop. Was in a private suite at Legasse Stadium in the Palazzo with 10 Bruin fans from Boston I met on the way in when they saw me with my jersey on. Great guys, at the end even they didn't have the heart to rub it in. They picked up my tab and I spent the rest of the night drowning my sorrows, and did they get drowned :der: Went golfing today like the Leafs and this is the way things went............

RickRay 05-14-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckynuts (Post 6545161)
Son of a................I've been a Leaf fan too long. Even at 4-1 I was waiting for the hammer to drop. Was in a private suite at Legasse Stadium in the Palazzo with 10 Bruin fans from Boston I met on the way in when they saw me with my jersey on. Great guys, at the end even they didn't have the heart to rub it in. They picked up my tab and I spent the rest of the night drowning my sorrows, and did they get drowned :der: Went golfing today like the Leafs and this is the way things went............

Thats one PRICKY Ball you have there Dave :bellyroll:

THUMPER20X 05-15-2013 11:31 PM

I don't even care about hockey, watched the last few minutes because I was bored, LAUGHED MY ASS OFF. Next day everyone in a shit mood. Seriously, it's just a game and people need to get over it. I hope they lose even more epically next year after the jack up the prices even more for all the sheep. Put your money and effort and passion into some more local stuff if you like hockey. How can people blindly sit by and dole out cash and their lives for a business and "Heroes" that don't deserve it. All in the name of canada's sport or whatever. I've been told I should leave canada because you can't dislike hockey living here, buy me the ticket, I'd go lol. How can people not see they're being used. Hilarious.

'11 cyber grey vert 05-16-2013 06:56 AM

The Leafs will always be just mediocre.
There is no need to win the stanley cup.
The Leafs are sold out every game, have a 20 year waiting list for season tickets, have the highest ticket prices in the league and they are the richest team in the league.
There is no other pressure than just to try to make the playoffs.

Until the sheeple, stop buying tickets and leaf souvenirs,nothing will change.

Case in point:does anyone remember the chicago blackhawks several years ago?
They were an awfully bad team...Building was empty (not selling tickets or mechandise).Pressure was on to put a good product on the ice and sell those tickets.
guess what? They have done that.

blkngldbabe 05-16-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert (Post 6550271)
The Leafs will always be just mediocre.
There is no need to win the stanley cup.
The Leafs are sold out every game, have a 20 year waiting list for season tickets, have the highest ticket prices in the league and they are the richest team in the league.
There is no other pressure than just to try to make the playoffs.

Until the sheeple, stop buying tickets and leaf souvenirs,nothing will change.

Case in point:does anyone remember the chicago blackhawks several years ago?
They were an awfully bad team...Building was empty (not selling tickets or mechandise).Pressure was on to put a good product on the ice and sell those tickets.
guess what? They have done that.

Leafs are a business. They made 15 million extra, not including food sales and apparel for the first two games they had. It makes ZERO business sense to not want to get the extra revenue. WIth the new ownership of the Leafs being Rogers and Bell there will be a big push to go deep in the playoffs. Sportsnet and TSN and their radio stations will make a ton of money as well as the actual MLSE. This is found money. The players make a pittance(compared to their regular salary) to play and it's a huge cash cow.

STINGER BEE 05-16-2013 10:40 AM

I fully agree with you on this quote,he is poison for the Leafs ,they have to get rid of him ,but please don't send him to Boston ,lol.

The only person I have NO use for is Dion Phaneuf, who I never liked since day one, and is NOT worthy of the "C" on his jersey.

Attachment 510252[/QUOTE]

'11 cyber grey vert 05-16-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkngldbabe (Post 6550765)
Leafs are a business. They made 15 million extra, not including food sales and apparel for the first two games they had. It makes ZERO business sense to not want to get the extra revenue. WIth the new ownership of the Leafs being Rogers and Bell there will be a big push to go deep in the playoffs. Sportsnet and TSN and their radio stations will make a ton of money as well as the actual MLSE. This is found money. The players make a pittance(compared to their regular salary) to play and it's a huge cash cow.

Yes they are a business...my point is... they may be a playoff team but don't expect them to win the stanley cup...The management may want to go deep in the playoffs but with todays salary cap it is difficult to do..unless you build through the draft and get the odd exceptional player.think wayne gretzky or syndey crosby.

Therefore they will always be a mediocre team and still sold out every game...

I actually think they overachieved this year and played boston tough..although the meltdown was tough to stomach and typical of most leaf teams in the recent years.

'11 cyber grey vert 05-16-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STINGER BEE (Post 6550916)
I fully agree with you on this quote,he is poison for the Leafs ,they have to get rid of him ,but please don't send him to Boston ,lol.

Attachment 510252

[/QUOTE]

Yes...definitely achieved alot this year...

Dion is just an average defensemen...I agree not worthy of the "C" and definitely not worthy of playing 28-29 minutes a game.He actually plays better when he has less ice time...If the leafs can't resign him at a reasonable cost..I'd say let him go or trade him....
If they do keep him...remove the "C" and then he should be relegated to defensemen #4 through 6...Not the 1st pairing for sure.

blkngldbabe 05-17-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert (Post 6552329)
Yes they are a business...my point is... they may be a playoff team but don't expect them to win the stanley cup...The management may want to go deep in the playoffs but with todays salary cap it is difficult to do..unless you build through the draft and get the odd exceptional player.think wayne gretzky or syndey crosby.

Therefore they will always be a mediocre team and still sold out every game...

I actually think they overachieved this year and played boston tough..although the meltdown was tough to stomach and typical of most leaf teams in the recent years.

THe organization has done very well in the past few years, building through the draft and making heady trades getting players like Lupul and Gardiner in return. Quietly built a nice solid core and stocked the AHL cupboard. In reality, there are 30 teams that all have the cap issues and trying to land that magical unicorn pick of a Crosby or Malkin. Teams that don't, still manage to win the cup sometimes. Great coaching and good player selections via trade, UFA and Drafting is the difference. Things have changed a good bit and while I don't think the Leafs are "contenders" for the cup...right now....I think they are a team built for the playoffs and with the experience will come more rewards. Either way, it's great hockey to watch.:respekt: