Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Unbelievable! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39106)

ArcticCamaro 08-25-2009 08:58 AM

Unbelievable!

My car has been built and has been just sitting in the parking lot the last 2 weeks. WTF!!?? I have talked to several people, including the dealer and the transit company. There are no holds, no problems, they just won't ship it, and have no clue as to when they will. I offered several times to fly down and get it, even pay for it before I did, but they won't let me do it. Why leave it sitting in the parking lot, waiting for the next hail storm? :mad0260:

No wonder they are in the state they are. If I ran a business like that, I'd be broke too...

Scrappy Doo 08-25-2009 09:38 AM

Its at the transport company? Or at the dealer?

ArcticCamaro 08-25-2009 09:40 AM

Somewhere in the Oshawa parking lot. It is waiting for a train but none seems to want to pick it up, and they don't know when...

thebighar 08-25-2009 09:41 AM

There are a lot of stupid things that happen apparently when these cars are being made. I'm 8 hours from the plant and its been two weeks since my car has shipped and im told i will have it by this friday, Its been all over the ohio, kentucky and it's finally in pennsylvania on a truck. You just never know the logic in some of this stuff.

Scrappy Doo 08-25-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcticCamaro (Post 841312)
Somewhere in the Oshawa parking lot. It is waiting for a train but none seems to want to pick it up, and they don't know when...

Jesus that is bad..... WTF.

Too bad your dealer just can't send a damn pickup down there with a trailer and drive it home. Hell I'd fly in and take a cab to the lot........

Im going to Brooklyn, MI snowmobiling in late december, if its still there I'll load it up in my sled trailer for ya and meet ya half way!

Scrappy Doo 08-25-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebighar (Post 841322)
There are a lot of stupid things that happen apparently when these cars are being made. I'm 8 hours from the plant and its been two weeks since my car has shipped and im told i will have it by this friday, Its been all over the ohio, kentucky and it's finally in pennsylvania on a truck. You just never know the logic in some of this stuff.

:paddle:

Thats even worse.... The wait has gotte be....:hitcomputer:

matt787 08-25-2009 10:17 AM

it's probably coz they're waiting for a train to fill up enough to head your way... stick with it- it should get there b4 the snow flies. i'm glad you did not cancel; i recall you were pretty fed up a couple weeks ago and now this...

ArcticCamaro 08-25-2009 10:46 AM

I did cancel my order 2 weeks ago. That was the first one. Then a dealer in Ontario turned me on to this car - he saw it in the system - being built for a Calgary dealership but no owner. I jumped on it. The day I bought it was the day it was built. Been sitting there ever since. I am cursed!

CloudXTC 08-25-2009 11:21 AM

maybe because of all the bad weather and storms we have been having here in ontario...

OUR72GTO 08-25-2009 11:24 AM

2 weeks is not unusual. Mine was built June 2 but arrived by rail June 25. It was only on the train 3 days.

thebighar 08-25-2009 11:25 AM

Yeah scrappy, the last 2 weeks has been hell. I thought the first 10 weeks were bad but knowing your car is complete and done and so close to my dealer sucks so bad. I am dying to get this car, it's been almost 12 weeks, i know thats not bad but i was told 8-10 for sure. I have to stop coming to this site and seeing all the happy people here everyday driving their cars, UGH!!!!!

SlingShot 08-25-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebighar (Post 841322)

Ah... Taking the scenic tour !!! That Sux ....

Scrappy Doo 08-25-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebighar (Post 841822)
Yeah scrappy, the last 2 weeks has been hell. I thought the first 10 weeks were bad but knowing your car is complete and done and so close to my dealer sucks so bad. I am dying to get this car, it's been almost 12 weeks, i know thats not bad but i was told 8-10 for sure. I have to stop coming to this site and seeing all the happy people here everyday driving their cars, UGH!!!!!

I feel for ya har. I plan on ordering in december or so, so it SHOULD get here in march or april after we lose the snow. I am hoping that since it is nut shrivling cold out I won't miss it much. A garage full of sleds helps too.....

It should be here any day and you should get some driving out of it before the snow flies. Good luck. post some pice when you get her.