Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What has my Camaro turned me into now? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125881)

RubyCamaro 01-25-2011 01:24 PM

What has my Camaro turned me into now?

Okay, first it was the permagrin taking over my face, then C5 stealing all my spare time, then Camaro club activities sharing that time, and learning about, saving $ for & starting mods on it take over. Now I am becoming an avid reader? I always disliked reading. I did it when I needed to for school or work or to keep semi informed about local & natonal events/issues. So here I sit today on vacation flanked by my well worn & feathered with sticky notes copies of Generation V Camaro parts & Accessories catalog & 2011 Camaro Collection catalog plus Camaro Now Mag. Then yesterday I add the latest edition of Camaro Performers (which I have already read most of) and Camaro: A Legend Reborn (which I have already read about 50 pages of & re-read some of that a couple of times). I almost bought 2 more Camaro books & only stopped myself because I was at risk of delaying some of my mods I have saved for. I almost don't recognize myself anymore, but I like it! :happyanim:

the Kolektor 01-25-2011 01:31 PM

Knowledge is POWER!!!!

the Kolektor 01-25-2011 01:34 PM

What catalogs are you referring to?

KIZE 01-25-2011 03:20 PM

This car can do that to you. There's something about it that just grabs dome people, me included, and doesn't let go. My wife thinks I'm crazy. But I just love my car.

htron50 01-25-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 2767107)
Okay, first it was the permagrin taking over my face, then C5 stealing all my spare time, then Camaro club activities sharing that time, and learning about, saving $ for & starting mods on it take over. Now I am becoming an avid reader? I always disliked reading. I did it when I needed to for school or work or to keep semi informed about local & natonal events/issues. So here I sit today on vacation flanked by my well worn & feathered with sticky notes copies of Generation V Camaro parts & Accessories catalog & 2011 Camaro Collection catalog plus Camaro Now Mag. Then yesterday I add the latest edition of Camaro Performers (which I have already read most of) and Camaro: A Legend Reborn (which I have already read about 50 pages of & re-read some of that a couple of times). I almost bought 2 more Camaro books & only stopped myself because I was at risk of delaying some of my mods I have saved for. I almost don't recognize myself anymore, but I like it! :happyanim:

I got the original issue of Camaro Now also. I have not seen an issue since then. Which month of Camaro Now are you reading?

RubyCamaro 01-25-2011 03:43 PM

Kize, both the catalogs named just came in the in the mail to me, I assume because of my dealership providing a list of 5th gen Camaro purchasers? I love them both. Threads popped up on C5 about the catalogs as they were arriving & it seemed there was a connection between folks who got them & Chevy dealerships that were still in busuness & owners at the same address (as best I could tell anyway). htron50, I still only have the original issue of Camaro Now also. I brought it thinking I would read the few remaining articles not read or re-read some things, but then bought the Camaro Performers Mag & the book & have been reading them instead.

jagan323 01-25-2011 03:44 PM

lol, hilarious, welcome to the club hahahaha

Ironheadspearo 01-25-2011 04:17 PM

oh it is just the tip of the iceberg. I am relocating where I live to keep the miles down and allow me to drive my camaro daily without killing it. I sold stuff so I could put it in the garage. life revolves around the black bowtie here.

1BADLS3 01-25-2011 04:17 PM

As they say, you are 'down with the sickness' --and it hurts so good :)