Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Adding Color to the Interior (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291472)

orangecamaro12 04-25-2013 12:31 PM

Adding Color to the Interior

I would like to add some color to my interior, I'm afraid of doing to much or not enough.

Can you post pictures of your interior so I can get Ideas.

Also comment on how the painted interior parts hold up, do they get scratched easily?

Figure this would help everyone decide on interior options.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Bluestreak 2010 04-25-2013 12:55 PM

I have painted door and dash panels, center console, shifter, guage cluster and steering wheel bezel. The second picture shows the painted shifter and console lid not present in the first.

I stuck with IBM and SIM to match my car's body and stripe color, and am very pleased with the way mine looks. I don't think it is too much, but everyone will differ in their opinion. So far my pieces have held up perfectly, with just one minor scratch near the cup holders where I dropped a screwdriver while installing the console pieces, but I am conscious about being careful knowing they are painted, and my Camaro is not my daily driver.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...4&d=1330813122
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...3&d=1340809165

CamaroI 04-25-2013 01:05 PM

I have been interested in painted parts as well, but worried how they would last/look over time.

redleader 04-25-2013 01:18 PM

BlueStreak: Is that a replacement Arm Rest or one stripped and painted?

orangecamaro12 04-25-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluestreak 2010 (Post 6468479)
I have painted door and dash panels, center console, shifter, guage cluster and steering wheel bezel. The second picture shows the painted shifter and console lid not present in the first.

I stuck with IBM and SIM to match my car's body and stripe color, and am very pleased with the way mine looks. I don't think it is too much, but everyone will differ in their opinion. So far my pieces have held up perfectly, with just one minor scratch near the cup holders where I dropped a screwdriver while installing the console pieces, but I am conscious about being careful knowing they are painted, and my Camaro is not my daily driver.

Looks great thanks! I want to do something like that but I want to leave the door panels and dash insert stock.

orangecamaro12 04-25-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroI (Post 6468498)
I have been interested in painted parts as well, but worried how they would last/look over time.

Thats what this is for, hopefully we get a good amount of responses :thumbup:

angie7 04-25-2013 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. I know pink isn't for everyone, lol, but you get the idea. I painted everything but the door n dash inserts. Its been painted for over year now and still looks like the day I finished it. The vents and center console is also wrapped in carbon fiber and a few other small interior pieces as well

Bluestreak 2010 04-25-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redleader (Post 6468547)
BlueStreak: Is that a replacement Arm Rest or one stripped and painted?

I'm not sure, but assume you are referring to what I called the console lid? If that is the case, it was a replacement piece. Let me know if you meant something else.

redleader 04-25-2013 01:37 PM

Sorry, yes, Console Lid.
Where did you get it please?

orangecamaro12 04-25-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie7 (Post 6468571)
Here's mine. I know pink isn't for everyone, lol, but you get the idea. I painted everything but the door n dash inserts. Its been painted for over year now and still looks like the day I finished it. The vents and center console is also wrapped in carbon fiber and a few other small interior pieces as well

Looks Good even with the pink lol :)

CamaroI 04-25-2013 01:51 PM

I like the Carbon Fiber Wrap. That looks good without a lot of shine going on. Do you have any other pics of that possibly up closer and different angle ie Passenger side

DesertCamaro 04-25-2013 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Start with the door panels and dash piece, wrap them in vinyl, and see if that's enough for you.

Bluestreak 2010 04-25-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redleader (Post 6468605)
Sorry, yes, Console Lid.
Where did you get it please?

I got it from Conceptfiberinteriors.com. I just tried to revisit their website and was redirected to a page saying their domain name expired on the 8th and is up for renewal. Good luck!

orangecamaro12 04-25-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertCamaro (Post 6468677)
Start with the door panels and dash piece, wrap them in vinyl, and see if that's enough for you.

The door panels and dash inserts are starting to grow on me how hard are they to install?