Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   YouEnvyMySS Blacked Out Project (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50202)

YouEnvyMySS 11-01-2009 02:44 PM

YouEnvyMySS Blacked Out Project

12 Attachment(s)
OK!!! Finally got my 2SS/RS complete (for now at least)! I took delivery on 9/4 and have been busy off and on ever since. It took a bit longer than I wanted, but I believe it was worth the wait!

This car is a real head turn everywhere it goes, and is very polular at local cruise nights. I even ended up with an "Auto Biography" in our state-wide newspaper a week or so ago. You can read the bio here http://tinyurl.com/YouENvyMySS (may need to register on the site).

Summary:

* 2SS/RS, with factory 21" black wheels, painted ground effects, and 3M bra treatment on front fascia
* 30% tint on side and rear windows (Secured Sound Plus; Westport, MA)
* black bowtie graphics on wheels and rear emblem (Big Worm Graphics)
* painted front bowtie (Big Worm treatement was impossible to apply w/o wrinkles)
* side lenses and tail lights treated with "smoke" level tint (Headlight Armor)
* custom fabricated cold air intake (Altered Image Performance; Plainfield, CT)
* American Racing long tube headers with high performance cats (stock muffler/tips)
* QTP electronic cutouts feeding custom fabricated side dumps (Altered Image)
* Hurst billet short throw shift (Hurst-Shifters)
* Finish done with Zaino (claybar, Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z8)
* Custom tune and dyno run (Maximum Performance; Bristol, RI <NEW!>

Next:

* YouTube video to document exhaust sound with and without cutouts

Nostromo 11-01-2009 02:53 PM

Visually, very interesting. Like those side dumpers. I'd prefer those raked rearward to connote speed. I'd not tire of looking at her, that's for sure.

thecamaroguy 11-01-2009 05:04 PM

Very nice!!

I can't wait to see this car in person...

Bet my CGM Car next to this car, should be a great looking photo!

Indpowr 11-01-2009 05:06 PM

So are you going mod the back exhaust? Your car is clean and like the idea but personally think it needs one or another side or rear.

YouEnvyMySS 11-02-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 1119905)
So are you going mod the back exhaust? Your car is clean and like the idea but personally think it needs one or another side or rear.

No plans to mess with it any more than it is now... point is well taken having one or the other. I *could* have done the usual and had the cutouts simply dump under the car a few inches fromm the cutout itself but thought a side exit was more interesting.

YouEnvyMySS 11-02-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostromo (Post 1119563)
Visually, very interesting. Like those side dumpers. I'd prefer those raked rearward to connote speed. I'd not tire of looking at her, that's for sure.

Interesting evolution of the actual outlet. Initially the fabricator was planning on a 1 1/2 x 7" pipe all the way to the outlet to maximize under-car clearance. Once into the effort he realized he could use round pipe w/o an issue, and so did it that way. Had I known of that change I'd have had a round outlet and tip, slanting rearward as you suggest. Likewise, if I had a preference I would have also preferred the rectangular tip present now to also be slanted/cut in that same fashion, but as you can see from the pics, the outlet is running totally perpendicualr to the car as it is routed back, so no way either option could be done now w/o major surgery.

Nostromo 11-03-2009 08:50 AM

Still, I wouldn't quibble with the overall look of the vehicle. A standout.

franknbeans 11-03-2009 09:14 AM

man, those side pipes would get ripped right off the first time up my driveway.

HeadlightArmor 11-05-2009 09:57 AM

Looks Great!