Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   When will Camaros arrive at the dealers? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18265)

PAUL SS 04-11-2009 09:27 AM

When will Camaros arrive at the dealers?

I don't know how anybody else feels, but I don't think ANY production Camaro's will be seen at any dealership until May 6 (if thats the date of the unveiling). It's been weeks since we saw pics of cars on the transporters, but no one has posted pics of their car at the dealer or home in their driveway. (except for the IOM). Dealer near me is supposed to get one, but not there yet. Anybody know anything different? I hope so.

tjbusa 04-11-2009 09:29 AM

I think May 6th too, we shall see.

Chevyrocker 04-11-2009 09:31 AM

The cars will be arriving in days, but you probably won't be able to see it until the 6th if your dealer is playing ball the way GM wants them to.

Silver Streak 04-11-2009 09:32 AM

There is one on the homepage as well. I haven't seen any with their owners yet though. I think this week we will see em start to show up IMO. I hope so.

theholycow 04-11-2009 09:33 AM

They'll probably get them in other regions, but we won't get any near RI for months. http://smiliesftw.com/x/ahh.gif

trm0002 04-11-2009 09:34 AM

Monday. JMO. And my dealer will not play a GM "game" if indeed they want him to. He will prep and release my car; no doubt.

PAUL SS 04-11-2009 09:34 AM

I think so too. Even if they have already arrived at the dealer, they are going to "hide" them. Kind of really stinks for those who ordered early.

Silver Streak 04-11-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrocker (Post 399047)
The cars will be arriving in days, but you probably won't be able to see it until the 6th if your dealer is playing ball the way GM wants them to.

GM wanted the pre-ordered cars to be delivered to customer though, just wanted the V6 showroom cars to be unveiled on the 6th.

demomaster 04-11-2009 09:37 AM

my dealer told me the car is mine as soon as it gets there he called me yesterday to tell me that my ground effects were delivered.

Zabo 04-11-2009 09:41 AM

*Bzzzt*

Dealers are reporting that some have popped up in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. I talked to a local dealer in Toledo (Dave White Chevrolet) and they said that they've seen 3-5 truckloads of the cars sitting in customs on the Detroit side. However if they're coming through Buffalo I'd say the same would be occurring.

Why?

Bottle-necking.

Even by Rail, you'll get bottle-necking on the border. Plus there could be a snafu or two with customs themselves causing them to be hung up at the border. That was what me and the dealer I talked to surmised with what info we both had. At his best guess, they'd have their show vehicle by 4/30 along with maybe some of their allocated vehicles.

So yeah.

TLDR; Customs may be holding the vehicles back for some reason and it could be out of GM/Allied hands..

myblackcamaros 04-11-2009 09:41 AM

If they are hiding these cars, how are they getting to the dealerships with all of these eyes(us) on the road without being spotted?

trm0002 04-11-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabo (Post 399067)
*Bzzzt*

Dealers are reporting that some have popped up in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area. I talked to a local dealer in Toledo (Dave White Chevrolet) and they said that they've seen 3-5 truckloads of the cars sitting in customs on the Detroit side. However if they're coming through Buffalo I'd say the same would be occurring.

Why?

Bottle-necking.

Even by Rail, you'll get bottle-necking on the border. Plus there could be a snafu or two with customs themselves causing them to be hung up at the border. That was what me and the dealer I talked to surmised with what info we both had. At his best guess, they'd have their show vehicle by 4/30 along with maybe some of their allocated vehicles.

So yeah.

TLDR; Customs may be holding the vehicles back for some reason and it could be out of GM/Allied hands..

The are cars in the Buffalo area storage lot have already cleared customs. They are being staged there for distribution. Why they are being "held" there? Anybody's guess. My info says cars in that lot are headed to dealers starting Monday. I'm not holding my breath but that's what I was told.

HuJass 04-11-2009 09:50 AM

The guys that live near the rail distribution sites need to drive by regularly and check to see if there are Camaros piling up.
I know there is distribution site in Selkirk, NY (just south of Albany), one in Buffalo, NY, and one in or near Lordstown, OH. There's a ton more of them all around the country.

You can Google automotive rail distribution and find all of them.

We need to start seeing if they are in these rail yards.

Mac1 04-11-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myblackcamaros (Post 399068)
If they are hiding these cars, how are they getting to the dealerships with all of these eyes(us) on the road without being spotted?

Honestly, ask yourself how much attention you gave to a car hauler before camaro. These cars are being staged by GM to prevent release to customers before a certain date. It might not be May 6th but what that date is :iono: