Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   GM order system info! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20947)

rdono 05-01-2009 07:23 PM

GM order system info!

My dealer's email of today:

YOUR CAMARO ORDER IS NOW #10 TO BE "PLACED"(SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION)-OUR FIRST ORDERED CAR IS STILL NOT HERE-WE HAVE 6 PLACED ORDERS-THEY DO NOT GIVE US BUILD DATES-I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

So would that mean the order hasn't as yet entered the queue? If a major dealer has only been able to get in 6 orders this is going to be a long wait. Does anyone know the straight scoop?

2SS/RS IMO-IMO

Indpowr 05-01-2009 07:26 PM

I placed an order last week. They told me since they already have a body allocated to them. ( I guess they did not have many orders ) anyhow, they told me the 14th of this month at 2PM they will know the exact build date.

You could ask your dealer to call GM on the 14th and try to get them to give you a solid build date.

mbauer14085RS/SS2010 05-01-2009 08:01 PM

i had basils last allocation for april and hes telling me i should have the car by end of june. i think thats awful fast if you ask me. i mean ordering this late i would be happy to have it by july sometime. i feel bad for all the people that pre ordered last year. i was going to do that but couldnt find a dealer wanting to be decent on price around me. the one dealer was going to give me 100 over invoice cause hes known my dad for years but when we sat down to order he said he never said that. so i stumbled upon basil chevy based on a post on here and got 500 over invoice so my order was to be input yesterday.

UCF w00t 05-01-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 450367)
I placed an order last week. They told me since they already have a body allocated to them. ( I guess they did not have many orders ) anyhow, they told me the 14th of this month at 2PM they will know the exact build date.

You could ask your dealer to call GM on the 14th and try to get them to give you a solid build date.

Did you order in FL? If so, how the hell did you find a dealer with allocation selling at MSRP? Or are you paying above MSRP?

BL202 05-01-2009 08:14 PM

The way I understand it to work (others dont jump on me if I'm wrong) is if you have gotten an order number which generally consists of six letters i/e: njtgym then your order is in the system. The dealerships get a certain amount of build alocations a month. so say your dealer gets 4 alocations for may and you are #5 then your car wont be pulled until probably june assuming they get more alocations and your order doesn't have any constraints. Ask your dealer about your order number. Once again I could be a bit off on this but it's what I have read on other posts

2010SSRS 05-01-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdono (Post 450363)
My dealer's email of today:

YOUR CAMARO ORDER IS NOW #10 TO BE "PLACED"(SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION)-OUR FIRST ORDERED CAR IS STILL NOT HERE-WE HAVE 6 PLACED ORDERS-THEY DO NOT GIVE US BUILD DATES-I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

So would that mean the order hasn't as yet entered the queue? If a major dealer has only been able to get in 6 orders this is going to be a long wait. Does anyone know the straight scoop?

2SS/RS IMO-IMO

sounds like ur in the same boat as me. i'm #9 and 5 have already been pulled. GM has already posted how many build allocations they're gonna pull from your dealer for the month of May. so, i would ask your dealer how many they got? then ask how many are in front of you. last week GM pulled Mays allocations, those allocations should be at 2000 or higher and be scheduled for production. you're still in the 1100 club brotha! (which means ur in que)

my dealer got only 2 for May, which means i'll be #2 in Junes build allocation. sucks, but what are ya gonna do? i just keep an eye out for my exact build to pop up for sale. otherwise, i can wait.

UCF w00t 05-01-2009 08:23 PM

To the OP... his phrasing could mean multiple things. Just a matter of him not being clear enough. Are you 10th in line to be placed or are you the 10th that has been placed? He's contradicting himself by saying that you're number 10 and there's been six placed. Does that mean they've already placed 6 (2000 and higher) and there's still 10 in front of you? Or is he saying that there's four left ahead of you?

And wtf is with dealers not knowing how to write. And all caps... wtf. My dealer is pretty much the same when it comes to not knowing how the hell to form a sentence in an email. I mean I know being a salesman doesn't exactly require a college degree but still... it's kinda ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL202 (Post 450468)
The way I understand it to work (others dont jump on me if I'm wrong) is if you have gotten an order number which generally consists of six letters i/e: njtgym then your order is in the system. The dealerships get a certain amount of build alocations a month. so say your dealer gets 4 alocations for may and you are #5 then your car wont be pulled until probably june assuming they get more alocations and your order doesn't have any constraints. Ask your dealer about your order number. Once again I could be a bit off on this but it's what I have read on other posts

I don't think that's not the question here.

achalk 05-02-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 450459)
Did you order in FL? If so, how the hell did you find a dealer with allocation selling at MSRP? Or are you paying above MSRP?

UCF, I'm in NC, but ordered from a dealership in FL, at MSRP....Estero Bay Chevrolet. I ordered back in October, though.