Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Injen Long tube vs Cold air inductions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333016)

bionick 12-17-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmoney89 (Post 7268410)
I've got the BBK for my 2013 no complaints had it for a few months. Mostly chose it because hard to get the CAI up here in Canada. It was either this or the K&N and I much preferred the one piece chrome design of this one. If I were you I would go for the Injen, that's a really great price and performance for almost all the intakes are really close, nothing you would feel anyways.

Thanks!
I was thinking CAI inc based off of what people have said on the forums but I honestly don't like how they look. I was gonna go that and the scoop/relocation kit but wouldn't I get the same results for a fraction of the price since the injen is already a long tube and gets colder air and more air I am assuming? Just don't wanna spend like 550 or whatever for intake stuff when I already spent money on my k&n

cmoney89 12-17-2013 09:50 PM

Ya the Injen is going to be getting a better air supply. Injen will get dirtier much faster and also more of a PITA to install. That is a huge price difference though. Based on that chart the Injen is getting better gains. Plus with the money saved you can grab something else. If I may ask, what is wrong with the K&N CAI you have on your car right now? Should be around the same HP as the rest. What upgrade did you notice the best performance boost with? I was thinking I would get the ported TB next but have read both good reviews and people say it made no difference.

bionick 12-17-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmoney89 (Post 7268492)
Ya the Injen is going to be getting a better air supply. Injen will get dirtier much faster and also more of a PITA to install. That is a huge price difference though. Based on that chart the Injen is getting better gains. Plus with the money saved you can grab something else. If I may ask, what is wrong with the K&N CAI you have on your car right now? Should be around the same HP as the rest. What upgrade did you notice the best performance boost with? I was thinking I would get the ported TB next but have read both good reviews and people say it made no difference.

Well from things I have read, the k&n seems to get some bad reviews and I heard it makes your car lose power? I'm not sure of that's positive though.
I think I'll be ok with the injen and the hydro shield though!

Also, as far as the ported TB. I did feel a bit of a difference, better throttle response and a lot of people say how there is no "dead spot" in the 2k RPM range.
Since it is only rated at a few HP, you're not gonna feel a ton faster but every bit helps!
A dyno sheet for this mod was actually posted the other day claiming a 9HP increase.

Not a bad mod for $150 (after your core is returned).
I felt quite a good pull when I got the solo HFC's and the sound got quite a bit louder.
The other day I had IPF tune my car and it's pretty nice too! :D

bionick 12-17-2013 10:35 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286520

Starfox634 12-17-2013 11:07 PM

Seems there is a lot of support for CIA air intake. That was also the intake I was going to go with when I get around to it. The charts do say others may get a small increase over it, and their cheaper. However from what I understand, CIA Ind. air intake is a amazing piece of hardware, very high quality.

Guess it comes down to personal preference.

bionick 12-18-2013 12:45 PM

I just ordered an elite catch can since I never got one so I'll worry about the CAI a little later!