Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   nw102 issues (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222094)

mikepage0007 05-07-2012 06:41 PM

nw102 issues

thought since we hijacked jamie,s thread awhile back..i would open a new post on some insights and issues that people are having with the new nw102 ...it,s apparent that the maggie has issues around the 650rwhp with blade sucking closed...how about the whipple...need some reports of people running the nw102 on the whipple...same issues?? i know ted will hopefully report back on a whipple he is working on.,..flomo has a adm tuned old style and also jamie has the old style nw102...tracy/sc1250 mentioned a possible fix with the ne nw102{ LS6 acuator motor (rob from a LS6 TB) and TPS (can buy at any auto parts store) but you need the connector to pin out and splic to your LS3 harness} not sure if this is a possibility..tommy{ HENDRIX} also might be working on something...how about some more input...i hate to see guy,s like myself find out to late after buying the nw102 that it will not work...with high hp...i have tried but cannot find a way to reach nw for some input on his tb...tracy said he would find me a contact #, :iono:andy{adm} reported that the whipple also has issues with the tb, also mike @ whipple stated he had heard issues , but had no actual testing

Hendrix-Engineering 05-07-2012 06:53 PM

Ill i will say is you will not reach Nick ,if you do buy a lottery ticket !lol

Supercharged SS 05-07-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering (Post 4925617)
Ill i will say is you will not reach Nick ,if you do buy a lottery ticket !lol

Not true. We have and he's said that he is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. When he has one you'll have to send your NW 102 in for a hardware upgrade. He also offered us an instant fix but he didn't have the parts to make then work. The old way I'm speaking of here ( motor swap).

mikepage0007 05-07-2012 07:15 PM

i also heard nick was easy to get hold of, according to tracy...soon as i get a contact #, i will follow up with what i hear from him...

lexlueger 05-07-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 4925663)
Not true. We have and he's said that he is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. When he has one you'll have to send your NW 102 in for a hardware upgrade. He also offered us an instant fix but he didn't have the parts to make then work. The old way I'm speaking of here ( motor swap).

:clap:Glad to see NW step up and correct this issue won't hold my breath though.

On a side note...saw a nice looking Grand national today. Gonna cruise by later and hot wire that badboy,then take it for a spin :burnrubber:

Hendrix-Engineering 05-07-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepage0007 (Post 4925752)
i also heard nick was easy to get hold of, according to tracy...soon as i get a contact #, i will follow up with what i hear from him...

Good luck,hes a busy guy and doesnot sell to the public,trust me you will be LUCKY if you get him to pick up,your not going to get a call back,he works 20 hrs a day..

Whipped416 05-07-2012 07:31 PM

what is the difference between the old and new style?
i dont know which one i have... bought about 3 months ago..

mikepage0007 05-07-2012 07:31 PM

mike from whipple said he would make a call, if needed...

Hendrix-Engineering 05-07-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 4925663)

Jamie we work with Nick regularly,i go to his shop all the time,trust me when theres a fix ill be the first to know.I cant say in what direction Nicks heading but when it gets sorted out ill let everyone know.Ill tell him every one is waiting at lunch tommorow :D

mikepage0007 05-07-2012 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
if it looks like this, it is new style..thanks tommy, at least we now have a board to post this on, so guys and tuners won,t waste there time and get all jerked around ....glad to have found out b4 i got motor in car...have a couple weeks to figure out my optiond..

Supercharged SS 05-07-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering (Post 4925872)
Jamie we work with Nick regularly,i go to his shop all the time,trust me when theres a fix ill be the first to know.I cant say in what direction Nicks heading but when it gets sorted out ill let everyone know.Ill tell him every one is waiting at lunch tommorow :D

We just got a contact via email so honestly I can't really comment on whether he is just shutting us up or he is actually working on something. My issue has since been resolved, well, 95% of it. It stays open on the track and that was the biggest problem. Nothing did drive as well as the NW did on my car. Thats a fact. Thanks Thomas for looking into this for everyone!

Hendrix-Engineering 05-07-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 4926011)
We just got a contact via email so honestly I can't really comment on whether he is just shutting us up or he is actually working on something. My issue has since been resolved, well, 95% of it. It stays open on the track and that was the biggest problem. Nothing did drive as well as the NW did on my car. Thats a fact. Thanks Thomas for looking into this for everyone!

No problem Ill update this tommorow after i talk with Nick

Supercharged SS 05-07-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering (Post 4926043)
No problem Ill update this tommorow after i talk with Nick

Tell him we have the Lynch Mob ready headed by Mike!!!:paddle:

lexlueger 05-07-2012 08:09 PM

Someone missed post #5:rolleyes: