Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Hats off to Rx Performance! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276629)

elsololobo02 02-11-2013 08:43 PM

Hats off to Rx Performance!

1 Attachment(s)
Well as some of you have read from numerous posts I have submitted on Camaro5, that my STS single turbo kit was plagued with way to many issues to list over and over again.

So I am giving thanks to Tracy, Alex, Mark and Karen of Rx Performance! You have truly fixed all of my issues and wish I would have went to you all when I first started out modding.

Though 5 days being 5 days, they got everything done from suspension issues, re-doing the exhaust, finalizing the meth kit, body work of side vents and a new hood to installing my new Borg Warner EFR turbo. The only thing left is to dyno tune and I will post the final results within the next 6 weeks.

I can't believe how responsive the turbo is and I am amazed that there is zero turbo lag what so ever! Truly puts you back in the seat!! Thank you Rx for doing and being everything you said you were!:thumbsup:

Build thread to follow after the dyno tune...

Sikoriko 02-11-2013 08:57 PM

Tracy is the man. That sure looks purdy

V6owner 02-11-2013 08:59 PM

I didnt do anything!! (My name is Alex) lol

Congrats on getting it working properly

BaylorCamaro 02-11-2013 09:12 PM

:w00t:

elsololobo02 02-11-2013 10:10 PM

Thank You Gents,

It is so nice to finally have a working system (ultimately a bad design by STS). I should have went to Rx months ago!! No oiling issues, the motor runs so much better and I can't wait to dial in the dyno tune. The current power is unbelievable and no Sh_t puts you back in the seat!! The suspension is like the rails of a roller coaster and the new glasspack muffler purrs like a lion! Thankfully there are performace shops like Rx that want to excell in all facets!!! :happyanim:A+ in my book!!

camaro-21 02-11-2013 10:29 PM

hey we have got to meet up sometime. i just sent my heads to tracy to get new ones and pistons. i live over in hampton right now and ive been to tracys shop before since im from florida. we can be the efr turbo camaro twins of virginia when i get mine back up and running. :)

elsololobo02 02-11-2013 11:07 PM

Easy day, I'll be at DTP soon as soon as Vince gets back to me of when he can do a live dyno tune. I'll PM you with the day/time.

butters 02-11-2013 11:24 PM

Great to hear, I'm about to send my baby down to Tracy to receive the RX treatment. :thumbsup:

A little nervous as the car only has 8k miles but glad you've had a great experience.

TJ91 02-12-2013 11:02 AM

video of car or it never happened................

lol great job though!

GretchenGotGrowl 02-12-2013 11:27 AM

Glad you got everything worked out. You'll love the EFR, it is an amazing turbo.

Great job RX and Tracy!

JWMotoring 02-12-2013 11:38 AM

I've only dealt with Karen over there and I agree. You have a mean set up there.

elsololobo02 02-13-2013 06:11 PM

Yep she sure is mean right now. Absolutely amazing power, it takes so little to get the turbo to spool and start producing boost. I can't even imagine how much better it will be once she gets dyno tuned!!

All I can say is Rx Performance is outstanding!! Second to none!

:sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0::sm0: :sm0::sm0:

Fallout 02-13-2013 07:33 PM

Thats awesome getting work done there in a few weeks, gratz on the bad a$$ car.

MyWorld 02-13-2013 10:28 PM

I haven't been on Camaro5 in ages. I too have had nothing but issues with my STS setup. It's quite a coincidence that you sent your car to Tracy. I'm actually headed out there tomorrow for him to fix my setup. I am happy that you had good results. I'm hoping for the same.