Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Zex bought out by Competition cams? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94121)

ROD1 07-10-2010 10:11 AM

Zex bought out by Competition cams?

Seems that Comp Cams has bought out Zex. Recently I purchased items direct from the Zex web site and they were shipped from Comp Cams. The Zex website was offline for a few days and now that its back up, the purchase page for the items showed Comp Cams on the part listing for a few days and now I see it has been corrected and doesn't show Comp Cams in the part listing for purchase. Any insider info on this?

strauchpete 07-10-2010 07:06 PM

That might explain why people are complaining about missing broken and wring parts in there kits.

scrming 07-11-2010 06:01 AM

I believe it is the other way around... Zex owns Comp Cams... or perhaps there is a big parent company that owns both... But back in 2005 when I was running Zex when you called Zex for help you started out with a Comp Cam rep who would eventually transfer you to someone who knew Zex, which was usually 45 minutes later... :mad0260:

ROD1 07-11-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrming (Post 2083283)
I believe it is the other way around... Zex owns Comp Cams... or perhaps there is a big parent company that owns both... But back in 2005 when I was running Zex when you called Zex for help you started out with a Comp Cam rep who would eventually transfer you to someone who knew Zex, which was usually 45 minutes later... :mad0260:

Ahh, well seems they got some restructuring going on or the like.

scrming 07-11-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROD1 (Post 2083336)
Ahh, well seems they got some restructuring going on or the like.

looks like the website has been redone... and if you check the bottom you can see the list of "performance partners"...

Man... that Zex sure is tempting..... Luckily I realized this weekend that there is no room in the trunk for a bottle due to my bicycle... LOL!

ROD1 07-11-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrming (Post 2083358)
looks like the website has been redone... and if you check the bottom you can see the list of "performance partners"...

Man... that Zex sure is tempting..... Luckily I realized this weekend that there is no room in the trunk for a bottle due to my bicycle... LOL!

Max has his in the spare area. Problem solved! :sm0:

scrming 07-11-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROD1 (Post 2083370)
Max has his in the spare area. Problem solved! :sm0:

No... must resist.... holding out for turbo this time.... LOL!

ROD1 07-11-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrming (Post 2083376)
No... must resist.... holding out for turbo this time.... LOL!

Haha! Hope somethin good comes out soon! Il be on that. BTW, You know if ya can spray nitrous with a turbo as far as safety regulations at the track?

scrming 07-11-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROD1 (Post 2083421)
Haha! Hope somethin good comes out soon! Il be on that. BTW, You know if ya can spray nitrous with a turbo as far as safety regulations at the track?

There is nothing rule-wise for running a dual power adder... HOWEVER, I would seriously recommend NOT even thinking about it! I know a number of V6 Stang guys (with the 4.0L motor) that tried doing N20 with either their supercharger or turbo and all of them popped their motors after a couple of passes... even one friend who had a "built" motor... So if you do eventually go the turbo route, i would either:

A) Sell the Zex to help fund the turbo...

or

B) convert it over to CO2 and use it to spray your intercooler:

ROD1 07-11-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrming (Post 2083445)
B) convert it over to CO2 and use it to spray your intercooler:

Thats a cool idea. Does it work well?

speedy_g 07-11-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROD1 (Post 2083469)
Thats a cool idea. Does it work well?

o ya it does!!!drop temps = h.p.

HaveBlue 07-14-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROD1 (Post 2080140)
Seems that Comp Cams has bought out Zex. Recently I purchased items direct from the Zex web site and they were shipped from Comp Cams. The Zex website was offline for a few days and now that its back up, the purchase page for the items showed Comp Cams on the part listing for a few days and now I see it has been corrected and doesn't show Comp Cams in the part listing for purchase. Any insider info on this?

ZEX was created within Comp Cams (not bought) during the Sport Compact craze to create a different image for that market. Comp has bought several other companies and they are under the umbrella of THE COMP PERFORMANCE GROUP. These are

COMP Cams
ZEX
FAST
TCI
RHS
Powerhouse
Inglese
Pro Racing Sim
Quartermaster