Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2014 Camaro5 Fest (V) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Details about Camaro5 Fest V (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337191)

racergirl 01-14-2014 10:51 AM

Details about Camaro5 Fest V

I hate to be the idiot about asking this, but could someone please tell me a little bit more about Camaro5 fest. I'm fairly new around here. I read the other threads so I have a general idea about it. I would love to attend, but I would like to know more what it's about.

CamaroSkooter 01-14-2014 11:03 AM

It's all about getting to know your car (as well as the people of this forum) better.

There are events you can take part in (drag racing, auto crossing, sometimes road courses) to learn the limits of your and your car's abilities better.

And there are people from all walks of like that come together to celebrate the vehicle they have come to know and love. :thumbsup:

Plus, there's a crap-ton of liquor in the host hotel parking lot each night that helps us all become the best of friends :lol: :happy0180: :drinking:

racergirl 01-14-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 7336102)
It's all about getting to know your car (as well as the people of this forum) better.

There are events you can take part in (drag racing, auto crossing, sometimes road courses) to learn the limits of your and your car's abilities better.

And there are people from all walks of like that come together to celebrate the vehicle they have come to know and love. :thumbsup:

Plus, there's a crap-ton of liquor in the host hotel parking lot each night that helps us all become the best of friends :lol: :happy0180: :drinking:

Which hotel is the host hotel?

mlee 01-14-2014 11:10 AM

Glad you started the thread.

It's sort of a Sturgis for Camaros except the location changes each year. Part of the fun is cruising across the country with other Camaros to a huge gathering of cars and like minded folks.

When held up North it's normally in the Summer and for down South it's in the Spring and is a Friday/Saturday event which leaves Sunday for the cruise home. You will find folks in your area or others coming from the East (in your case) and coordinate times to hook up and cruise with them.

You would arrive at the hotel on Thursday night and attend a meet and greet or some other gathering of 500 to 1000 cars. Then it's an early rise and off to the track on Friday. Some park in the car show area, others get ready for auto cross and drag racing and there is a vendor alley for you to check out all the latest Camaro accessories.

GM brings some of the latest cars to showcase and in some instances like the Z/28 you will be one of the 1st to see them. GM performance parts also attends with some of their goodies. Also, very notable GM/Camaro personalities always attend the show and mingle with the crowd both at the event and in the hotel parking lots.

Saturday is more of the same and the racing finals are normally paired up by then so if not racing it makes for some great spectating from the grand stands. Late Saturday is the awards ceremony and some special announcements or drawings.

I know I've missed a lot so feel free to ask questions and we'll keep the thread going for all the new folks who wish to attend. This event keeps getting bigger all the time as more 5th Gen Camaros are on the road now and Texas will be the biggest. It's also open to all Camaros/Firebirds and anyone can come join the fun no matter what they drive.

CamaroSkooter 01-14-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7336105)

For this year? I haven't got a clue. But rest assured, you will know exactly where to find us come the first weekend in May :D

mlee 01-14-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7336105)

There is no real host this year. Lots of hotels being used on the same block.

CamaroSkooter 01-14-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7336129)
There is no real host this year. Lots of hotels being used on the same block.

So it's like a hotel block party?! :drinking:

racergirl 01-14-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7336122)
Glad you started the thread.

It's sort of a Sturgis for Camaros except the location changes each year. Part of the fun is cruising across the country with other Camaros to a huge gathering of cars and like minded folks.

When held up North it's normally in the Summer and for down South it's in the Spring and is a Friday/Saturday event which leaves Sunday for the cruise home. You will find folks in your area or others coming from the East (in your case) and coordinate times to hook up and cruise with them.

You would arrive at the hotel on Thursday night and attend a meet and greet or some other gathering of 500 to 1000 cars. Then it's an early rise and off to the track on Friday. Some park in the car show area, others get ready for auto cross and drag racing and there is a vendor alley for you to check out all the latest Camaro accessories.

GM brings some of the latest cars to showcase and in some instances like the Z/28 you will be one of the 1st to see them. GM performance parts also attends with some of their goodies. Also, very notable GM/Camaro personalities always attend the show and mingle with the crowd both at the event and in the hotel parking lots.

Saturday is more of the same and the racing finals are normally paired up by then so if not racing it makes for some great spectating from the grand stands. Late Saturday is the awards ceremony and some special announcements or drawings.

I know I've missed a lot so feel free to ask questions and we'll keep the thread going for all the new folks who wish to attend. This event keeps getting bigger all the time as more 5th Gen Camaros are on the road now and Texas will be the biggest. It's also open to all Camaros/Firebirds and anyone can come join the fun no matter what they drive.

Ooh. Firebirds? My dad would love that. He has a 98' formula. Anyway so if I came up Saturday, I would miss the chance to drag race?

mlee 01-14-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 7336133)
So it's like a hotel block party?! :drinking:

Yes... the Mall has a huge empty parking lot right there too. We hope to use it.

mlee 01-14-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7336148)
Ooh. Firebirds? My dad would love that. He has a 98' trans am. Anyway so if I came up Saturday, I would miss the chance to drag race?

No you would not. Track will be open all day and you could even qualify that morning for eliminations in the afternoon.

racergirl 01-14-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7336155)
No you would not. Track will be open all day and you could even qualify that morning for eliminations in the afternoon.

That's good to hear. I live for drag racing. Gotta uphold my rep of being the fastest bone stock v6 camaro ;)

mlee 01-14-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7336175)
That's good to hear. I live for drag racing. Gotta uphold my rep of being the fastest bone stock v6 camaro ;)

Nice.. you may have some tough competition... LOL

racergirl 01-14-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7336181)
Nice.. you may have some tough competition... LOL

I'm not worried. I got this. I'll give them a run for their money. Lol. I went 13.953 @ 100.77

mlee 01-14-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7336184)
I'm not worried. I got this. I'll give them a run for their money. Lol. I went 13.953 @ 100.77

Oh dang... I'm guessing you are at the top of the C5 V6 Fast list then.

Will be great to have you hear. Short drive for you.