Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   (Front Mount) Twin Turbo V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259412)

simt3k 11-05-2012 04:00 PM

(Front Mount) Twin Turbo V6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlHY...eature=related

Stop saying it cant be done because its already old news. Car was estimated at 550 hp.

GaBoy25 11-05-2012 04:07 PM

Nice

SPARTAN sui 11-05-2012 04:13 PM

I LOVE that intake manifold. :drool:

The custom work done on the body is also amazing. Not a huge fan of the color, but it is stunning.

simt3k 11-05-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui (Post 5776616)
I LOVE that intake manifold. :drool:

The custom work done on the body is also amazing. Not a huge fan of the color, but it is stunning.

It looks a little bigger than ours that's for sure, I bet this car get over 500hp to the wheels easily!

V6owner 11-05-2012 04:26 PM

I wonder tuned it

Can't_C_Me 11-05-2012 05:12 PM

This car was discussed when it first surfaced. Basically it never was actually a running car. Most of the work was show and the tune was nonexistent. Like I have stated before on this car. Those turbos and headers would melt both wheel well liners. After looking at it now again it looks like a combo of the HPS V8 turbo kit and the RDP twin kit. Especially the IM design.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Can't_C_Me 11-05-2012 05:18 PM

Also the video description says, "a twin turbo V6 expected to produce around 550 HP." Sorry to kill the hype! I was excited a few years ago also.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

J-Rod6410 11-05-2012 11:10 PM

Most of the cars at SEMA dont even run or roll for that matter. It's alot of maybe's and could-be's. They're brought on trailers in pieces and put together with masking tape and zip ties lol. Some of them really do look awesome but most stuff is just prototypes and wishful thinking. Very few of these "trick" things dont ever come to life for real street use.

simt3k 11-06-2012 09:47 AM

I don't think having a front mount twin turbo V6 is impossible and IMO much more practical than bottom rear mounted especially if you plan to drive the car everyday in every weather.

RatRacer 11-06-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynosteve (Post 5779482)
i accutally have this car in our shop as we are doing the tuning on the car, there are no power numbers yet guys but we plain to dial it in over the winter

I bet this guy is happy that somebody is trying to get this car right.

simt3k 11-06-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

i accutally have this car in our shop as we are doing the tuning on the car, there are no power numbers yet guys but we plain to dial it in over the winter

It would be nice to get numbers and to silence those who claim it is impossible to have a twin turbos front mounted. If it can be done in the V8 why limit yourself especially when there is more space in the engine bay with the V6?

I hate bottom mounted just because I would be worried about water, rocks, debris or ice forming or blocking the turbines. Yea maybe bottom mounted can work in environments where these factors are not prevalent but not for the enthusiasts who lives in those conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatRacer (Post 5779525)
I bet this guy is happy that somebody is trying to get this car right.

I want forced induction but yea "done right". Only offering bottom mounted twin turbos REALLY limits your sales market.

BaylorCamaro 11-06-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Very cool!

Quote:

Originally Posted by simt3k (Post 5779532)
It would be nice to get numbers and to silence those who claim it is impossible to have a twin turbos front mounted. If it can be done in the V8 why limit yourself especially when there is more space in the engine bay with the V6?

Who said it was impossible? I thought that was just the design route RX took.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

simt3k 11-06-2012 11:14 AM

Can't_C_Me seems to imply it cant be done. I am not knocking anyone. Its just within in 6 months I am either going to join the V6 FI brethren or I may just change up to the V8. I like the V6 better anyways as we seem to be the underdogs in the performance world especially us LLT guys but I just want more go power.