Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why I don't think the interior has mass market appeal (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7476)

Xanthos 10-05-2008 02:34 AM

Agreed - and its been a royal pain to convince people at my work (and I live in oklahoma, of all places! You'd think american cars would be more popular here. Then again, I work at a university) that GM is loads better than it used to be - better, even, than many imports.
- Xanthos

headpunter 10-05-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 146538)
Agreed - and its been a royal pain to convince people at my work (and I live in oklahoma, of all places! You'd think american cars would be more popular here. Then again, I work at a university) that GM is loads better than it used to be - better, even, than many imports.
- Xanthos

when i try to tell my bmw driving uncle he just says that i just say that because im Biased....

swifttal 10-05-2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 146542)
when i try to tell my bmw driving uncle he just says that i just say that because im Biased....

And coming from a '94 BMW driver myself, BMWs are going downhill, both performance and design wise. It's nice to see GM turn things around. After 02 when they canceled the camaro, the rest of the line looked pretty dim, and the future along with it... not anymore

fierodeletre 10-05-2008 11:18 AM

It's amazing how biased some drivers of german and japanese cars can be. Some of my family members, I swear you can see it in their faces, they want to capitulate, but the stubbornness and pride just won't let go... :)

Chewy 10-05-2008 01:11 PM

i'm a german car driver, but born an american muscle lover, i'll admit i'm biased against most japanese imports mainly because I hate the look of riced out cars and the fact that almost every kid w/ a Civic thinks he's in Fast and the Furious.

but i gotta say that the skyline is an Awsome car! and the fact that scion drivers have packed 40 psi of boost into their engines (not sure which engine) is outrageous. power to them!

FenwickHockey65 10-05-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 143930)
how many of you have actually sat in the g8? i love the car but it has no switches on the door so it has everything in the center from windows to door locks to mirrors, and i dont like that

I didn't think it was that bad really. I actually kinda liked it.

headpunter 10-05-2008 01:37 PM

i like it except for the center switches

lilszoke 10-23-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eich (Post 143861)

I have concerns about the interior though. The car is supposed to have mass market appeal. But in my opinion, they went too far with the interior, trying to make it so different. I think the interior will appeal well to younger buyers. But for 40-something professionals like myself, the interior has some shortcomings. I would have liked to have seen a little more class in the interior. Maybe I'll feel better when I see it in person.

its a camaro was'nt the 67 made for a younger buyers ?why wouldent th 2010 be the same

kanys 10-23-2008 08:35 PM

^I think that is correct, however I am sure GM would like to appeal to as many people as possible (who are into sports cars, at least:)). I don't mean to compare the two cars by any means, but if the Camaro (V6) can attract as wide a group as say the Honda Accord, that would be great IMO.

a6pk2go 10-23-2008 11:04 PM

I've not seen the interior except for these pics. Are all of them going to have plasic panels with the same color of the interior?

Nexus6 10-23-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 143930)
how many of you have actually sat in the g8? i love the car but it has no switches on the door so it has everything in the center from windows to door locks to mirrors, and i dont like that

sat in it,reminded me of my 90 formula 350 ,i loved it.Im left handed so i steer with my left hand,and it gave me freedom to use the window,locks,and mirrors without swtiching hands

Z/28orSs 10-23-2008 11:59 PM

ok i don't know when this interior fetish started BUT i could care less of how the interior looked just as it doesn't fall apart like my current 4th gen. to END my point i will say this when im showing off my car its mostly the outside i dont poll over and tell people "hay come look at my Great Interior" i drop it in second and let my LS1 do the talking for me!