Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2010 Camaro SEMA Car by Montage Motoring and Defenderworx (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23880)

jplayer 05-22-2009 02:23 PM

While I think aftermarket parts are awesome and I appreciate the time and effort you have put into these my personal opinion is that they do nothing for the car and in fact make it look bad!!!!

To me this car is about heritage and GM has done an excellent job on the base design of retaining a ton of heritage. These parts and I am sure many others that will show up seem to be more about "bling bling" for a lack of better description and go in the completely opposite direction of the heritage feeling...

BTW.. I am not saying that aftermarket parts cannot work on this car... In fact I think the direct opposit... As long as aftermarket parts retain that classic feeling of the car I think there is incredible potential...

Brokinarrow 05-22-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jplayer (Post 511058)
While I think aftermarket parts are awesome and I appreciate the time and effort you have put into these my personal opinion is that they do nothing for the car and in fact make it look bad!!!!

To me this car is about heritage and GM has done an excellent job on the base design of retaining a ton of heritage. These parts and I am sure many others that will show up seem to be more about "bling bling" for a lack of better description and go in the completely opposite direction of the heritage feeling...

BTW.. I am not saying that aftermarket parts cannot work on this car... In fact I think the direct opposit... As long as aftermarket parts retain that classic feeling of the car I think there is incredible potential...

good, mine will be more unique with these parts then :D And, uh, the grille and everything else I've seen looks a lot more like what they had on the old RS Camaros :iono: So I dunno where 'bling bling' comes from... maybe the fuel door I could see, but the grills are definitely 'heritage' derivatives.

Defenderworx 05-22-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokinarrow (Post 511048)
Ok, I'll take that grill, the side louvers, the door sill plates... actually, just everything you are doing is awesome so far, WANT!!! :D

Ha thank you very much arrow, this is also just the start of our vehicle after only having it for about two weeks now there are still plenty of things for us to do to it but i appreciate your support. Also the louvers, and door sills will be available shortly and made by Defenderworx. We will also be offering Running Light Bezels, Chevrolet Front and Back Bowtie Inserts, SS RS and Z28 Badges, Door Handles, Camaro Badges, Reverse Light Surround Bezels, and Logo Gear Shifter. Everyone of our products will be available in Chrome And Black Powder Coat (except for the Logo Gear Shifter, Chrome only).

TJ91 05-22-2009 02:31 PM

I want to see the finished car :)

sooner25 05-22-2009 02:39 PM

I love the grill! If you make one with a cut out for a black bow tie, there will be one on a Black SS in OKC.

Defenderworx 05-22-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 511071)
I want to see the finished car :)

It will look great finished but it will also take time. I will be constistently updating this thread with new pictures and updates on the car's status so check back whenever you get a chance!

Camaro_Corvette 05-22-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 511010)
Um, sure. Let's take an already giant blind spot and make it HUGE!

Not my style but I'm sure someone will like it.

:word:That blind spot would be ginormous with that in the window.

LadiesMan217 05-22-2009 02:49 PM

So the gill inserts come in black?

moto-camaro 05-22-2009 02:50 PM

i'm personally not a fan of louvers on any car, but besides that i like what's starting to see.
i'm waiting for the final product before i go :thumbup: or :thumbdown:
so far i like.

Brokinarrow 05-22-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 511103)
:word:That blind spot would be ginormous with that in the window.

looks to me like those things are still transparent... :iono: Just really heavy tint, and black on the other side.

Scrapppy666 05-22-2009 02:58 PM

side louvers are too mustang-esq.... blah!

djsnoflake 05-22-2009 03:01 PM

Cool stuff, but an Automatic??
more pics please

Brokinarrow 05-22-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsnoflake (Post 511154)
Cool stuff, but an Automatic??
more pics please

probably about the only V6 they can get right now...

Chris-10 05-22-2009 03:09 PM

i'll take the grill