Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   One Week Old - Mod Pics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142780)

austinjames 04-22-2011 12:17 PM

One Week Old - Mod Pics

4 Attachment(s)
Its been one week since ive pulled her off the lot. And, ive been busy doing some mods to it. Painted taillight bezels, blackout taillights, debadged, bowtie delete, hood pins, and axle back 3" straight pipes. I know everyone says the v6 sounds terrible with the muffler delete, but mine sounds amazing with the 3" pipes, I get complements ever where I go that It sounds like a badass old muscle car, people cant believe the sound.

This video isnt my car, but this is exactly what I did to mine, and this is exactly how mine sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yZy7...eature=related

67 Convertible 04-22-2011 12:38 PM

Great looking car!
I like everything except the hood pins. (Just don't care for them personally)
Although it looks like you used coated wire rope on the pins, it will most likely wear the paint off wherever the wire touches the paint.
I'd also be concerned about the connection of the wire to the codder pin. Looks like it's gonna chip the paint if it hits it.
Not bashing you, your car you should make it your own. Just concerned about the paint on your new car.

Good luck!

CamaroKid300 04-22-2011 12:40 PM

Yeah I must say I'm not a fan of the hood pins either. They may look better if they didn't have the rope thing attached.

Nice car, glad you are enjoying it.

boltmark 04-22-2011 12:56 PM

Show pics after a month of driving with those cables bouncing around. Everything else looks nice, vid sounds good. But why the hood pins?

austinjames 04-22-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltmark (Post 3127684)
Show pics after a month of driving with those cables bouncing around. Everything else looks nice, vid sounds good. But why the hood pins?

I just like the look of the pins, always have. But the entire wire is coated in plastic up to the pin, so no metal is hitting the paint at all. Just the clear plastic sleeve around the wire, So the paint will be fine.

TLSTWIN 04-22-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Wolf (Post 3127634)
The hood pins with the cables?

WHY?

That is the way all the old school muscle hood pins were. They were always tethered.

It's amazing how pulling a few small things off make the car look different.

skinman 04-22-2011 01:21 PM

Very cool! You don't see a lot of hood pins out there. That separates you from everyone else. Congrats on the car!

Epitaph 04-22-2011 01:22 PM

I like the look but it the wire covered with plastic may do damage if your hood or whatever the wire is attached to flexes. Just make sure there's room! Nice car!

CraziGuy 04-22-2011 01:24 PM

Don't really care for the pins

67 Convertible 04-22-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinjames (Post 3127742)
no metal is hitting the paint at all. Just the clear plastic sleeve around the wire, So the paint will be fine.

Not true. Just the rubbing action from the wind will wear and scratch your paint even though the wire is coated.

People who have soft car covers will find that the wind blowing eventually wears and scratches the paint when the car is parked and covered, and that's just fabric. Be careful!

austinjames 04-22-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 Convertible (Post 3127891)
Not true. Just the rubbing action from the wind will wear and scratch your paint even though the wire is coated.

People who have soft car covers will find that the wind blowing eventually wears and scratches the paint when the car is parked and covered, and that's just fabric. Be careful!

Thanks for the info.

Dailtile11 04-22-2011 03:44 PM

looks good but your next mod should be RIMS

Travis64 04-22-2011 03:48 PM

hood pins :barf:
sorry

painted taillights r nice but i think it looks to plain with no bow tie