Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   tis the season to be smashed by a saturn (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266805)

CMYarb 12-20-2012 09:50 AM

tis the season to be smashed by a saturn

5 Attachment(s)
So, I'm driving along the other night. I cross the intersection as its turning yellow and some guy in the oncoming left turn lane suddenly decides to turn into my wheel. :facepalm: He was driving a saturn. :facepalm: Luckily there as cop a few cars behind the guy in traffic so we were able to sort everything out quickly. No injuries. This is where things get bad: The cop says he's sorry but he has to hold me at fault. He says I ran a red light. Mind you, I'm on leave back home in Chicago, where there are several corners with photo taking red light cameras, this being one of those corner. I asked the cop if I ran the red light, then why didn't the camera flash? He couldn't explain that. I would stay and try to fight this in court but I deploy very soon. Effen CPD. fml...

v6sonoma 12-20-2012 09:52 AM

Well thats a load of :bs:

dkp2LT 12-20-2012 09:56 AM

Wow. I really feel bad for you on this one! That really sucks & hope you win when you fight it.

And thanks for your service!

mel1 12-20-2012 09:56 AM

Doesn't it take a while for the other driver to leave on the green light. The other driver must have left the line while their light was still on solid red. That means he entered the intersection too early....right:iono: Glad no one was hurt:chevy:
Even if he was making a left turn on red, he still have to merge for oncoming traffic to finish getting through the intersection..

805/Califas/2SS 12-20-2012 10:01 AM

You can request to have a hearing delayed till you return from deployment, had something similar when I was on leave in AZ and was able to have my hearing delayed and also to have the hearing over the phone since I was not living in AZ.

tjk_art 12-20-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMYarb (Post 5938625)
I cross the intersection as its turning yellow and some guy in the oncoming left turn lane suddenly decides to turn into my wheel. :facepalm:

Oncoming left lane making a turn? The cop is full of BS. All intersections tell you to yield on green, or yellow.

Even if he got a green arrow he shouldn't have turned with you still crossing. It takes some careless driving to turn into someones front end. "I didn't see you there" ????? right...

King Sun 12-20-2012 10:29 AM

damn.... I'm sorry man you have to go through this

BBQdDude 12-20-2012 10:37 AM

Light red = you at fault.
Light green or yellow = they are at fault.

I would do a lookup on who manages the red light tickets. In my city it is a differnet department than DOT. Ask them if they got a red light pic of your car. If not contest and cite/call that department.

BlackIce1066 12-20-2012 11:50 AM

Looks like the caliper took some sort of hit too. Sorry to hear that.

Dznts 12-20-2012 12:27 PM

sucks. hope everything works out in your favor!

Nightmare2012 12-20-2012 12:32 PM

Damn that's alot of damage!! Which you shouldn't pay for since you clearly are not at fault here you should definetly have a delayed hearing and fight this good luck and thank you for your service!

PAUL SS 12-20-2012 02:21 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen (you running the red light).

Deke736 12-20-2012 02:30 PM

Wow, that sucks! I hope you are able to get it taken care of quickly!

I will say that I am surprised that the cop even assigned fault. I know from personal experience that even when there was clear fault, I have had cops tell that they cannot indicate that unless it was a ticketable offense. Did he write you a ticket for running the red? If not, it sounds like not even he is sure that you ran the red. Hopefully the camera can offer some clarity.

Good luck and thank you for your service!

Cheveey57 12-20-2012 02:55 PM

That sux! Be safe over there and thanks for your service.
Semper fi