Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cops drifting in Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3138)

AirGoya 03-10-2008 02:13 PM

Cops drifting in Camaros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqJyy...hotopanel..2.*

I found this video originaly on Inside Line. I guess its a video of driving school that police officers in California take. Very talented.

DGthe3 03-10-2008 04:23 PM

thats pretty cool to watch, particularly the burnout at the end. It reminds me of why I'm not particularly impressed with drifting. Muscle cars can do that stuff when stock or with minor upgrades, why should I be impressed when someone does major work on their car to do the same thing? Besides, I'd rather watch sprint cars and outlaws. They drift around the corners but the winner at the end of the night is the one who does it the fastest. Tad more interesting to me

Hmm, seems I went off topic. Cool video.

Mindz 03-10-2008 05:53 PM

This is like the third time it's been posted.

09'Z28 03-10-2008 08:35 PM

^ya but this is the first one with all 4th gen

z28camaro2471 03-10-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 50418)
Besides, I'd rather watch sprint cars and outlaws. They drift around the corners but the winner at the end of the night is the one who does it the fastest. Tad more interesting to me

I'll keep us off topic. I'm with you. Plus sprint cars and outlaws can pull the wheels off the ground coming off of each corner! :thumbup:

AirGoya 03-10-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 50462)

Really? wow. My bad.:bonk: :iono:

TAG UR IT 03-11-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 50462)

Negative Ghostrider...not posted yet! You check out da link!!! AWESOME!
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGoya (Post 50518)
Really? wow. My bad.:bonk: :iono:

All good, brudda. That was a b@d@ss video! :headbang:

stevenm357 03-11-2008 08:54 PM

Kick ass video thanks for posting!

Kyle2k 03-11-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 50418)
thats pretty cool to watch, particularly the burnout at the end. It reminds me of why I'm not particularly impressed with drifting. Muscle cars can do that stuff when stock or with minor upgrades, why should I be impressed when someone does major work on their car to do the same thing? Besides, I'd rather watch sprint cars and outlaws. They drift around the corners but the winner at the end of the night is the one who does it the fastest. Tad more interesting to me

Its because they do it at 80 mph, without accelerating into it for that long. Thats what makes it cool, and its the precision of it, doing it car on car..practically dancing, but never touching each other.

Jeff 03-11-2008 11:23 PM

That was impressive

DGthe3 03-11-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle2k (Post 50984)
Its because they do it at 80 mph, without accelerating into it for that long. Thats what makes it cool, and its the precision of it, doing it car on car..practically dancing, but never touching each other.

Another downside in my opintion.
Seriously though, to those that like it, I'm fine with that. Some like NHRA, some like NASCAR, some like F1, some like World Rally Championship, some like drifting, some like saturday night at a local dirt track. I've followed all of those and more for a little while, but lost interest in most. I live with a guy who follows F1 and I'm a big Nascar fan (sad day last sunday, it was bound to happen though). We gon onto the subject of passing, and at one point he said that passing is all Nascar has going for it, as if passing were bad. I think thats what makes the series great. My point from that little anecdote is that preference in motorsports is alot like interest in music, people like what they like and whats good to one is awful to another.

Anyhoo, cops in Camaros . . . drifting and doing burnouts

smike07 03-12-2008 11:59 AM

That was cool to watch. Needless to say, my traction control will be off most of the time!

Mindz 03-12-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09'Z28 (Post 50510)
^ya but this is the first one with all 4th gen

Touche. Excuse me.

This wasn't bad. I should go check it out sometime.

Wedgy 03-13-2008 02:52 PM

Thats the CHP training track at the academy in Sacramento. I did contract computer work out there alot, and I could see them training all the time. they have a high speed track, and different "city block" setups(90* grids) and a patch of concrete with a sprinkler system in it so they can slide around. very fun to watch...

It was pretty cool; one time I went out there for work, and parked my camaro (white 02 z lots of mods) next to a CHP camaro one of the instructors was checking my car out... I asked him if I could take a spin around the track, but he said no :(