Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   California Meets and Events (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Main Street America People's Choice Car Show (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299868)

boltvette 06-04-2013 05:59 PM

Main Street America People's Choice Car Show

All Camaro5 members are invited to join us for the best car show in San Diego County, the Main Street America People's Choice Car Show!

It will be held on Sunday, July 28 at Embarcadero Park North (on San Diego Bay near Seaport Village) from 10 AM to 3 PM. The show is a fundraiser for the San Diego Center for the Blind.

There will be 26 classes, including two for Pony Cars ('64-'75 and '76-'13), plus sponsor awards, club participation and a Best of Show award. We'll have a huge raffle, with over 100 prizes, worth thousands of dollars. The grand prize is a tire certificate from Firestone Complete Auto Care, worth up to $1000.

You must pre-register by Sat. July 13! Registration is $25 per vehicle and includes a reserved parking space with your class, your club or another registered vehicle (your choice), a dash plaque and lunch for one. We have 270 spaces remaining, and when they're gone, registration is closed. This show has sold out 3 of the last 4 years, so don't delay!

For a registration flyer, go to
http://www.cocsd.com/Flyers/MSAflyer13.pdf

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Craig

robscamaro 06-11-2013 02:19 PM

Good show if anyone is interested!! Plenty of cars and nice people.

pglorioso 06-12-2013 11:31 AM

It's a great show!! I have attended many times over the years. The best venue in San Diego!

Hey Craig, look forward to seeing you there!

arod55 06-12-2013 02:53 PM

Hi Phil I was going to sign up but I wasn't sure if any one else was going. I have seriously been thinking of selling my Camaro and right now there a guy who is really interested so we will see how this works out. My problem is I own three cars and having to deal with parking issues. By the way Vance is not going because he will be driving to Camaro Fest.

boltvette 06-14-2013 12:38 AM

Armando, if you sell your Camaro, I'm sure Phil will let you bring one of his!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there. It will be the first time in many years that Vance won't be joining us.

I know a lot of you are Hotchkis fans, but Pfadt Race Engineering just signed on to be a sponsor of Main Street America. I'm hoping to add a few suspension mods to my Corvette before I head back to the track in Sept.

tadams72 06-15-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltvette (Post 6668601)
Armando, if you sell your Camaro, I'm sure Phil will let you bring one of his!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there. It will be the first time in many years that Vance won't be joining us.

I know a lot of you are Hotchkis fans, but Pfadt Race Engineering just signed on to be a sponsor of Main Street America. I'm hoping to add a few suspension mods to my Corvette before I head back to the track in Sept.

Ooh, I have all kinds of Pfadt stuff on my car. Looking to add the coil overs next.

oTToBoT87 06-15-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robscamaro (Post 6657644)
Good show if anyone is interested!! Plenty of cars and nice people.

are you going?

z28racer 06-16-2013 03:30 AM

Armando you can't sell the Camaro!!!:crazy::facepalm::bs:

arod55 06-16-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28racer (Post 6675858)
Armando you can't sell the Camaro!!!:crazy::facepalm::bs:

Tom that's what my wife has been telling me. :noidea::smm7:

z28racer 06-16-2013 03:43 PM

Listen to her then:facepalm::respekt:!!! You have a smart wife!!!:amen::sm0:

robscamaro 06-17-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oTToBoT87 (Post 6674191)
are you going?

I will go but not showing the car. I will let you know maybe you can come check it out. Should be fun I go every year. showed the car twice but i am way over the car show deal. All i want to do now is auto cross and drag race. :thumbup:

boltvette 06-17-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robscamaro (Post 6681095)
I will go but not showing the car. I will let you know maybe you can come check it out. Should be fun I go every year. showed the car twice but i am way over the car show deal. All i want to do now is auto cross and drag race. :thumbup:

I've cut back on the number of shows I do every year, too. But you can do both. If I wasn't involved in this show, I would still attend. Car shows are just social gatherings and this one is among the best. I'll have my "race car" there, probably with a few rubber marks left on it from the last track day.

tadams72 06-17-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltvette (Post 6681168)
I've cut back on the number of shows I do every year, too. But you can do both. If I wasn't involved in this show, I would still attend. Car shows are just social gatherings and this one is among the best. I'll have my "race car" there, probably with a few rubber marks left on it from the last track day.

I think it's great to see "race cars" at the car shows! It's not my thing to haul my hot rod in and enclosed trailer to a show and push it to a spot so I don't dirty it up. Cars that are "used" are the best show cars IMHO.. :cool:

boltvette 06-17-2013 08:38 PM

I'm seriously thinking of creating a class for next year's show (too late to do it this year) just for cars that are raced.