Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OFFICIAL Camaro Reveal Webcast discussions/reactions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5242)

topgun1 07-21-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysonAych (Post 95076)
So does this mean it won't start hitting dealer lots until March or April?

That's okay...I'll need the extra couple of months to save up for options :D

Yeah, I assume March-April, once production starts in mid february 2009.

mshaeffer 07-21-2008 06:53 PM

It felt like they weren't ready.

This is the first time any prospective buyers are seeing the actual car and you're not going to do any type of walk-around? Pop the hood, let us see in the trunk, start it up, rev the engine, HELL, DO SOMETHING!! Stop talking about other cars, we don't care. We want to know everything and anything about the Camaro. PERIOD! Where's the Q&A?

I just hope that now that it has been reveled we will start getting more info and the info we get will be accurate.

Sorry, I'm just very disapointed in the entire webcast. We know nothing more than we did before it went live. The spec sheet is cool, and it gives some great info, but I was expecting alot of the "big questions" to be answered durring the webcast.

jmliptak 07-21-2008 06:53 PM

Did you see the video on the GM site of the reveal of the Beat, it was a lot more fun, and the scenery was much better too.....

mshaeffer 07-21-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topgun1 (Post 95189)
The Hollywood reveal was much better, a nice long entrance, revolving platform, talk some specs, etc.

Is there a link for that vid?

jmliptak 07-21-2008 06:55 PM

I think if you go to the same site as today and flip through some of the other videos it was on there somewhere, there were a number of different concept reveal videos on there....

JaysonAych 07-21-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotchsride09 (Post 95176)
I just want to know when they'll show it driving. I mean; am I going to have to wait for Top Gear to review it to see it in action? And it's not like they will... it's an American icon, after all, not a European one.

Well, the US version is filming later this month, so maybe :D

TheCaptain 07-21-2008 07:38 PM

Yes, that reveal was a letdown... but i'm still pumped! I can't wait to see the Convertable SS!

And no surprise here, Chevy Canada has no new info on the Camaro. They might have something in the next month.

playhard67 07-21-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsalz (Post 94899)

At 1:01 on the video, you can see the gas door on the passenger side

TheCaptain 07-21-2008 07:50 PM

This is good news though! Mine'll be optioned right up just about perfect before it hits the street!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet.com (Post 95297)
The new Camaro is complemented by a wide range of available dealer-installed accessories that allows customers to create a more personal car. From convenience features to appearance and performance upgrades - including 21-inch wheels4 - the accessories include the following:

Interior trim kit - a four-piece kit offered in different colors
Interior accessories - items include premium, "Camaro"-embroidered floor mats, sill plates and more
Exterior detailing accessories - a variety of components are offered, from grille inserts and fuel doors to a High Rear Wing and Lower Ground Effects Package
Stripes - heritage-inspired stripes are offered in RS style for the hood or "hockey stick" style side design
Engine covers - available in five colors for the V6 and V8 engines
Wheels - split-five-spoke 21-inch wheels are offered in black metallic and polished finishes
Performance parts - numerous performance-enhancing components, including a tuned air intake, cat-back exhaust system, a Hurst short-throw shifter as well as more traditional GM Performance Parts.

playhard67 07-21-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshaeffer (Post 95200)
Is there a link for that vid?

here you go

swazworth 07-21-2008 08:05 PM

i thought production started in october, and the camaro got to the show rooms in late feb early march? so if we are looking at the same amount of time, then the car won't get to the show rooms till late june early july.... not that it bothers me that much, but damn....... that is almost 1 year out.

Mindz 07-21-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard67 (Post 95305)
here you go

I see no link.

mshaeffer 07-21-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 95325)
I see no link.

LOL, me either

playhard67 07-21-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshaeffer (Post 95329)
LOL, me either

oooops! soooo sorrry!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5281