Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Prototype SLP Wheels, Hoods, RS Emblem, and Rear Spoiler. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42324)

KILLER74Z28 09-13-2009 06:31 PM

Prototype SLP Wheels, Hoods, RS Emblem, and Rear Spoiler.

16 Attachment(s)
As featured on Homepage.

Okay, here are pictures of the ABM RS with SLP’s wheels, hoods, RS emblem, and rear spoiler (in prototype stage) at the Camaro Fall Classic and F-Body Summit 09.

The wheels are the finished product and will have all safety ratings like factory wheels have; should be under $1300. They are direct replacement for the Camaro’s stock wheels.

The hoods you see in the pictures are two possible products. The blue hood is a clay mold and unfinished so give SLP some slack on the finished look. If the blue hood is built, the front vent will be functional as well as a heat extractor. SLP unveiled the hoods then let everyone vote to see witch one will be built. I voted for the IOM hood. The winner will be announced in the near future. A lucky voter is going to win a copy of whichever hood is built.

The RS emblem speaks for itself. Very cool touch for those who want to replace the “Gold Bow Tie”

The Spoiler is also a prototype and unfinished. It is mounted with tape just for the show so the fit is rough. Once again cut SLP some slack. The production version will mount in the same location as the stock SS and RS spoiler. For those who have no spoiler the spoiler can be mounted with tape as well so no drilling for you V6 lovers… Also, the spoiler is made of light weight plastic so no added weight.

Enjoy… :thumbsup:

Attachment 54270

Attachment 54271

Attachment 54272

Attachment 54273

Attachment 54274

Attachment 54275

Attachment 54276

Attachment 54277

Attachment 54278

Attachment 54279

Attachment 54282

Attachment 54283

Attachment 54284

Attachment 54285

Attachment 54286

Attachment 54287

ljustin293 09-13-2009 06:33 PM

:coolpics:

TaylorRyanSS 09-13-2009 06:35 PM

not feeling it at all... the rims look cheap, the hood looks funny compared to the one revolution is doing, and the grill looks so tacky. the spoiler looks good though

ZZcamaro 09-13-2009 06:37 PM

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of SLP. I sell tons of their products and they are of the highest quality out there.

That being said...

I am disappointed in the new spoiler, I feel the one of the ZL575 car is much better and will appeal to many more people. It will only be available on the purchase of the entire ZL package, which is kind of a let down to me. Same thing goes for the hood on the ZL car.

As for the new hood, I voted for the image of the red car, as opposed to the blue car.

That is just my opinon, and not meant to take anything away from those whom may like them.

Jamie Mac 09-13-2009 06:46 PM

Voted red

tones2SS 09-13-2009 06:47 PM

I'm not really feeling those items for some reason. I think the spoiler is a let down. (I like the REVOLUTION SUPER SPORT hood and front chin spoiler.)
The wheels, I'm no feeling at all. No offense to anyone that may like them.

NAHURRY 09-13-2009 06:53 PM

The spoiler would look good if it was a better fit, too much space between
the car and it.

KILLER74Z28 09-13-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAHURRY (Post 918578)
the car and it.

The Spoiler is also a prototype and unfinished. It is mounted with tape just for the show so the fit is rough. Once again cut SLP some slack. ;)

nUcLeArEnVoY 09-13-2009 07:08 PM

The size and width of the spoiler I am absolutely in love with. It's what everyone's been waiting for - a one-piece ducktail that extends onto the quarter panels to hearken back to the 1st-gen cars. HOWEVER, that being said the only part about it I do not approve of is how much it slopes diagonally - it should only slope slightly, focusing more on going STRAIGHT up. Then again, if you look here at this side view of the SLP ZL575 spoiler...
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...titled-1-1.jpg

... It slopes up the same way as this spoiler so maybe it's just a bad angle. OR, just maybe, it's possible that it's a little too tall - shortening it a half an inch or so might work wonders. The poor fitment for this prototype is definitely not helping either. Overall, I think I just need to see more pictures but either way, I think this is going to be the spoiler for me. It really is what I've been waiting for.

Oh, and just in case the SLP rep that surfs this forum reads this thread, I am asking if those hockey stick stripes are going to be available as a decal package!

Milk 1027 09-13-2009 07:14 PM

Spoiler, I need to see it properlly fitted so i can pass judgement.

The hood I'm not too sure about though. It's actually abit of a dissapointment to me. I gotta see it in person though.

prostock69 09-13-2009 07:25 PM

Honestly, the only thing I like about this car is the color. Sorry :(

Jferrell88 09-13-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAHURRY (Post 918578)
the car and it.

that spoiler looks nice but the fitment is pure ass slp should be embarassed(edit) just went back and read its attached with tape i will take back my comments until we see the finished product

jpsuperman81 09-13-2009 07:50 PM

Not feelin it either, hood looks weird badge looks weird cause of bend no way around that. Spoiler looks off a bit liked other version the did better. Don't care for wheels at all.

KILLER74Z28 09-13-2009 07:51 PM

The hoods you see in the pictures are two possible products. The blue hood is a clay mold and unfinished so give SLP some slack on the finished look.

The Spoiler is also a prototype and unfinished. It is mounted with tape just for the show so the fit is rough. Once again cut SLP some slack.

:readthethread: :paddle::paddle::paddle:

2010_5thgen 09-13-2009 08:13 PM

i didnt even notice the spoiler on the blue camaro. i should have paid more attention. i was too busy looking at the red one. it looked much better IMO.

The_Blur 09-13-2009 08:16 PM

I'm with KILLER74Z28. SLP is a professional performance brand, and these products are clearly incomplete. Anyone familiar with SLP knows that they make top notch products, and these only represent a fragment of their automotive genius. I'm sure that they were wishing that they had more time to finish their products. Wait for finished product photos before making any conclusive judgments.

Andro 09-13-2009 08:41 PM

:drool:

Marvelous 09-13-2009 09:00 PM

This post is in no way knocking SLP's products and services.

Cut them some slack?

No.

Who's bright idea was it to show off some half ass finished products? Real slick move... why would any company making a product try to show it off with unfinished prototypes that are not fitted correctly?

What a waste of time.

You want customers to look at a poorly fitted spoiler and then hope they "cut you slack" and still hope they see it, use their imagination, and say to themselves "yeah I'll buy that".

C'mon now, talk about a poor marketing strategy if you ask me. :clap:

Epitaph 09-13-2009 09:04 PM

Everything looks weird, like it's unfinished or something. I wonder why the original poster didn't give us an indication if it was finished or not. </sarcasm>

:iono:

I like the hood of the red Camaro a bit more, the wide scoop looks better.

GrnMchin 09-13-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvelous (Post 919123)
This post is in no way knocking SLP's products and services.

Cut them some slack?

No.

Who's bright idea was it to show off some half ass finished products? Real slick move... why would any company making a product try to show it off with unfinished prototypes that are not fitted correctly?

What a waste of time.

You want customers to look at a poorly fitted spoiler and then hope they "cut you slack" and still hope they see it, use their imagination, and say to themselves "yeah I'll buy that".

C'mon now, talk about a poor marketing strategy if you ask me. :clap:

:word:
I for one don't like it, if you want feed back you got it. If it's not done then please wait till it's more refined. Not bash or flaming SLP at all they make quality stuff, but I would not put the hood of spoiler on my car as the consumer.

Legend 09-13-2009 09:13 PM

The hood seems to small at the front to me...doesn't follow the body lines as much as the red one does...like the ideal but it needs to be a bit larger in the front.

I like that spoiler...looks good!

The grill badging and the rims...don't like either of those.

Lucky SOB 09-13-2009 09:13 PM

Isn't that RS font off the Fourth Gen???? :facepalm:

POWERFREAK 09-13-2009 09:16 PM

ehh...pretty disappointed. hate the rims, the RS grill emblem looks soooooo out of place, like the stock spoiler better.

The hood is decent though.

JaxJags 09-13-2009 09:18 PM

I like the spoiler and the hood on the IOM.

shroomjohn 09-13-2009 09:39 PM

I like how they converted the RS on the grill to replace the chevy indention and the work on the scoop. Not much else though maybe its me but the dovetail is the only spoiler for this car.

67camaro99 09-13-2009 09:42 PM

Not feeling it...

PieNsky 09-13-2009 09:47 PM

I understand many liked those wheels, I was never one of them ; however they do look like the ones several members said they wanted that was on the concept.
I don't own an RS. IMO, that badge looks good.
The rear spoiler looks much better than the OEM spoiler. Having owned a 68, the back of the car is different on the first gen., much more squared off and the 2010 is curved. The spoiler did not go straight up, was concave on the backside. I liked it that way better. I think it is close to it, just think it would look better with a concave in the back and would then have to be thicker but hey, that's just me. So far it is the best looking one out there that I have seen pics. I have the non RS V6 and do not have a spoiler. I wouldn't tape one and would suggest that a paper template be made available if requested so it could be drilled.
UPDATE:
After viewing a pic of the spoiler taken by a Camaro5 member it does appear to lean rather at a sharp angle. Too much. I think the IOM hood scoop is much better looking then the blue one. The blue does not follow the lines of the hood and, for whatever reason, I just don't like that.

tommyn2 09-13-2009 09:54 PM

This is a huge miss. You shouldnt get your panties in a wad. It just doesnt look good at all. It looks like a highschool kid did this in his backyard. Sorry.

SwiftCat 09-13-2009 09:54 PM

Sorry, but in my opinion the whole package concept sucks. Although SLP makes good products, companies like Microsoft have consistently caught flack over releasing products before they're made right (ie Vista). Even though the concept is not finished, it shouldn't even be shown in such a pathetic demonstration.
In my opinion, the wide cowl hood has potential, but everything else looks amateurish at best.
Sorry, but that's my take. :barf:
Swifty :chevy:

Doc 09-13-2009 10:04 PM

Not sure about the spoiler. Maybe if it's snugged down to the body like the factory spoiler it would look better. When it was originally described to me I actually thought the TOP of the spoiler was going to have the recessed mullet like the top of the car. I thought that would be kinda cool.

Just not sure about this one...

BJ350HP 09-13-2009 10:06 PM

SLP SPOILER FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

RPO_Z28 09-13-2009 10:09 PM

RS emblems = FAIL

ProchargedSS 09-13-2009 10:10 PM

The spoiler on the orange car looks 10 times better. I like the look of it stopping at the trunk line as opposed to it hanging over the rear quarters. IMO the orange concept just blows this one out of the water so bad that the blue one doesn't have a chance.

cjh1505 09-13-2009 10:20 PM

ahhhhh.....now thats a spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! consider 1 more sale for slp!!!!!

cjh1505 09-13-2009 10:24 PM

hey lucky they were the ones that did the 4th gen ss in 02 thats why the hood looks the same. the general had them do the heavy work back then

imsuperdave 09-13-2009 10:30 PM

wheels are ok, not diggin' the hood either, and the rear spoiler???? What are you thinkin', looks like a sprout from a Porshe 911 Turbo.

KILLER74Z28 09-13-2009 10:31 PM

The spoiler was not bad looking at all but it would be a hard choice if they where going to make the ZL spoiler. Unfortunately, that’s not going to happen, I want to see the production unit mounted correctly before I make my mind up. I would say this one is at the top of my list. :thumbsup:

sstevcq 09-13-2009 10:32 PM

idkkk but i kinda of like the rims.... i guess only cause they are similar to the vert concept just add an orange lip and they are just about the same

Jekyll-N-Hyde 09-13-2009 10:37 PM

imo they sure have done a fron "SS" emblem.

Mr. Brownstone 09-13-2009 10:43 PM

I voted for the Red Hood. The Blue Hood just didn't do it for me.

I have been waiting for a First generation type rear spoiler but was not really feeling the New Spoiler. Maybe if it was just a bit shorter that would help things.

The SLP Guys were great to talk with.:w00t: