Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   My IOM delivered (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32132)

third1 07-12-2009 11:30 PM

My IOM delivered.......Now home striped & grounded see post 20

4 Attachment(s)
Well my camaro was deliver Saturday.I couldnt get there before they closed so the car was parked in the fenced in back lot. I decided to sneak a peek at her anyway. There she was looking good until i walk around the rear and look down the passenger side :confused0068: WTF a door ding :facepalm:. I haven't even touched the car yet. I hope they can get this out, i was meeting with the body man to discuss stripes on monday. We will see what happens,heres some pics.

third1 07-13-2009 10:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi again
I went to see the car up close today and the door ding look like it can be worked out :thumbsup: Had a talk with the body man, laid out the stripes and picked the paint. I had to go with the CGM to keep it all in the camaro family.I also did a few drawings of cowl lettering i am thinking of. I will meet with the vinyl guy tomorrow.
Hers a few more pics

GMtothecore 07-13-2009 10:45 PM

sweet ride. The dent is a bummer though.

third1 07-13-2009 10:46 PM

These were just mock ups of the stripes to get measurements. God I hate that ding

third1 07-13-2009 10:47 PM

Thanks, I hope the Dent Dr can get it out .

third1 07-16-2009 10:32 PM

The Dent Dr worked the dent out, if you look close you can still see it. The scratch in the area could be what I am seeing.I am hoping the GFX will come in tomarrow so we can get this paint party started.

third1 07-25-2009 10:34 PM

Well the GFX is in and the car went to the paint shop today. I sat with the salesman and did the paper work today also. All I have to do now is wait for the paint to get done.I should have the car by saturday. I have to thank my wife for letting me get the ultimate anniversary gift.

Jericho 07-26-2009 03:31 AM

Looks real good. put pics up after the paint.

Doc 07-26-2009 11:30 AM

Beautiful car; those IOM interiors really do look nice. Congrats!

TAG UR IT 07-27-2009 12:52 AM

That dent should have come out no problem. The guy doing the work didn't know what he was doing (IMO) and I would have them get someone else over there to get it fixed. Sorry, but delivering a car with either a scratch or a dent in it is unacceptable IMO. I've done the paintless dent removal a few times before and EVERY SINGLE TIME the dents came out.

a6pk2go 07-27-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 726115)
That dent should have come out no problem. The guy doing the work didn't know what he was doing (IMO) and I would have them get someone else over there to get it fixed. Sorry, but delivering a car with either a scratch or a dent in it is unacceptable IMO. I've done the paintless dent removal a few times before and EVERY SINGLE TIME the dents came out.

:word:

I had hail damage so bad that I had a softball size one in my fender and it was taken out and I couldn't believe they were able to do it with using the paintless method. It needs to be fixed IMHO also.

third1 07-27-2009 08:59 AM

It looks good. I couldn't see the dent after the light scratch was buffed out I will post pictures when the car gets home.

third1 07-27-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a6pk2go (Post 726142)
:word:

I had hail damage so bad that I had a softball size one in my fender and it was taken out and I couldn't believe they were able to do it with using the paintless method. It needs to be fixed IMHO also.

Tag your new sig looks good .:w00t:
It's all good .....I have seen guys use dry ice to pop small dents out.

Moth 07-27-2009 04:10 PM

hhaha leave the blue tape its sic