Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Major Trifecta Problem!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271119)

2013 RS 01-14-2013 09:29 PM

Major Trifecta Problem!!!

I loaded the tune on my car tonight. It wasn't idling anywhere near correctly. I went to try and drive it, and barely made it around the block. If I tried to shift to 2nd it would stall (every time), couldn't get over 10 MPH in first without it pulling back and wanting to stall. Reverted back to stock, and same thing...

I think that they may have provided an AUTOMATIC tune for my MANUAL transmission car.

:mad0260:

Lil' Nasty 01-14-2013 09:58 PM

So....it had rough idles correct? Any codes? if so Misfires? Really doubt theyd give you a automatic tune lol if you gave them the correct information :)

lscamaro 01-14-2013 10:09 PM

If you took out the tune and things continued to be bad, how do you know its the tune?

The_Grinch 01-15-2013 07:12 AM

Well I will be looking to see how Trifecta handles this problem for one of their customers. It seems like people have been questioning their customer service and now we have a chance to see it.

cjt037 01-15-2013 07:36 AM

trifecta and any remote tunes are not perfect nor anywhere close i just wish they would open thier software at the operator end and many more people would purchase. I am no where happy with mine but for us V6 guys its that or ipf

JohnnyBfromPeoria 01-15-2013 09:43 AM

I realize this isn't all that constructive to the thread at hand, but I have had zero issues with my IPF tune.

John B.

'11CamaroLS 01-15-2013 01:00 PM

well with Automatics you have a TCM (transmission control module), and that is whats tuned for the automatics. being as your a manual theres no way what your thinking is possible, cause you dont have a TCM to tune. Email vince or BNR or both and see what they say. but it really is odd that it would still be acting that way after you tuned it back to stock. if it was the tune it wouldnt continue to affect your car after you untuned it.

2013 RS 01-15-2013 05:26 PM

FYI car flashed back to stock the second time fixed it. Something was majorly wrong with the tune... And yes you cannot flash a manual car with an automatic tune. There's no TCM.

BNRacing 01-16-2013 10:39 PM

He didn't want to risk flashing it again and wants a refund. We're providing him a full refund. We aren't sure exactly what happened but no, we didn't send him a tune for an automatic. If it wasn't the right OS for that car it wouldn't even start.

hapisok 01-18-2013 09:18 AM

i had issues before with the trifecta tune. had it crap out in the middle of the flash, not start up right, or just not load period. but it was always fixable by re-flashing back to stock or re-flashing the tune again. if you ever doubt your ability to load, BMR has offered before to remote load the tune...always an option.

much respect to BMR and their customer service.