Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Camaro came with its tires reversed rear to front... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302264)

d4rknezz 06-16-2013 08:39 PM

My Camaro came with its tires reversed rear to front...

Hi,

I bought a new 2011 LT with RS package a year ago. Now I am a car noob. But yesterday, in the parking lot, I found an SS and a Z1 parked next to me. After saying hi to me, the owners pointed out that my 245 is installed at the rear, and my 275 is installed at the front.

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow to ask , err, what the heck - but since I am a car noob - I want to know from you experts first what this means...

1. Do i need to move the whole wheel rear to front, or just the tires? Are the rims the same?
2. What would this mean to my rims/wheels in all? Would this have had an adverse effect?
3. I have 37k on it - whats the general mileage rating of the original pzero tires?
4. If apparently a 275 can be installed at the front, is there a reason not to have all 4 tires 275?
5. Unrelated, but how did the factory or whoever did this, made the same mistake 4 times (once for each tire).

And other information that I may need to know...

Thanks!

Chubby 06-16-2013 08:46 PM

LOL

1. No, just unbolt the wheels and switch them... as long as your car has the original tires, I hope to God they got the right wheels mated to the right tires at the factory.
2. No
3.KM or miles? If KM, you should get about 50K-60K or more as long as you arent doing a bunch of burnouts.
4.You would need 2 new REAR wheels, people do it all the time but DO NOT squeeze a 275 on a front wheel.
5.:iono: Friday afternoon or monday morning car?

Are you sure no one ever rotated the tires? this would cause this.

Modern07 06-16-2013 08:48 PM

Sounds like they rotated your tires when you took it in for service to me - doubt it would have come from the factory that way, but the dealership rotate tires when servicing on most cars - clearly they shouldn't do this on the Camaro, but it's been known to happen

PoorMansCamaro 06-16-2013 08:48 PM

Pics?

Chubby 06-16-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modern07 (Post 6678035)
Sounds like they rotated your tires when you took it in for service to me - doubt it would have come from the factory that way, but the dealership rotate tires when servicing on most cars - clearly they shouldn't do this on the Camaro, but it's been known to happen

THIS. My thought exactly, someone rotated them by mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6678037)
Pics?

:facepalm:

Why? you dont believe him?

d4rknezz 06-16-2013 08:51 PM

I did one maintenance past the 6 month line where they did tire rotation at the dealership....
As I said i am a car noob :) - but are you saying that when they rotate the tires that this is exactly what they do to the camaro? Switch rear to front, rims/tires and all? Shouldnt they just rotate left to right?

As in, are you saying this is just normal practice - and the two camaro owners was just pulling my leg to have fun? :) haha.

d4rknezz 06-16-2013 08:52 PM

haha I'll take pics tomorrow morning, its too dark now!

Chubby 06-16-2013 08:52 PM

You dont rotate Camaro tires with RS pkg or V8. PERIOD.

No, they are not pulling your leg, whomever rotated your tires is an idiot. They need switched back...

They could switch left to right only but whats the point? The point of rotating pretty much is to even out wear front to back... wear side to side sould be pretty much similar.

PoorMansCamaro 06-16-2013 08:53 PM

No, he was saying you rotate rims and tires on most other cars, but not the camaro. Basically, your dealer is an idiot. Lol

d4rknezz 06-16-2013 08:54 PM

Oh :(. Well , they suggested it - hey , its 6 months, time for your half year maintenance. Sign here.

Sigh. But you are saying that they'll just rotate it back and it would be fine?

Chubby 06-16-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4rknezz (Post 6678060)
Oh :(. Well , they suggested it - hey , its 6 months, time for your half year maintenance. Sign here.

Sigh. But you are saying that they'll just rotate it back and it would be fine?

yup fine. and your car will handle better.

I'd seriously go back and pitch a bitch. Thats :bs:

d4rknezz 06-16-2013 08:58 PM

Thanks a lot everyone :) cheers.

tonyko1 06-16-2013 09:32 PM

Wow.

MYDLIFECRISIS 06-16-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubby (Post 6678051)
You dont rotate Camaro tires with RS pkg or V8. PERIOD.

No, they are not pulling your leg, whomever rotated your tires is an idiot. They need switched back...

They could switch left to right only but whats the point? The point of rotating pretty much is to even out wear front to back... wear side to side sould be pretty much similar.

Left to right is wrong also. On my car, they are staggered and directional.