Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First Pics of 2014 Camaro in the Wild in Ashen Gray & Crystal Red (non-RS bumper) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291649)

dkp2LT 04-26-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricamaro (Post 6472299)
Is that big rear rectangle a concession to Europe - Don't they have a huge rear (Lic.) plate?

http://www.dgermancar.com/wp-content...-rear-view.jpg

I think so. Appears to me that with the headlights & license plate area that GM is attempting to reduce the number of changes that are required for Europe. I guess this means they only have to change the mirrors.

That is - if we're actually seeing a finished bumper that will be in production.

yellowrs 04-26-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 6472137)
The grey Camaro on the road and the grey Camaro on the hauler are two different Camaros.

The one on the road is a V6 (hence no hood cutout and the different fog lights) and the one on the hauler is an SS (hence the different shaped fog lights).

The Crystal Red is a V6 non-RS.

All you guys have eagle eyes.
Thanks for pointing it out!

ALLTRBO 04-26-2013 11:24 AM

I really, really, really like the looks of the refresh.

...but I like the looks of my 2012 even more. :)

One of the things I like better about the refresh, though, is the RS taillights when they're lit up. That perimeter LED look is absolutely awesome IMO.

I'm glad to finally see the V6 differences, but those fogs do look out of place on it. Too high, IMO.

tjk_art 04-26-2013 11:26 AM

oh WOW that looks bad.

Jekyll-N-Hyde 04-26-2013 11:32 AM

is it me or does the ASHEN Gray V6 on the street look like its lowered ? has a Rake to it at certain angles

Camaro Fred 04-26-2013 11:34 AM

The more I look at the rear lights, the more I think of a late 90's Honda Prelude. Not a fan of the chrome strip on the front either. The changes have convinced me that getting a 2012 was the right thing to do. Time to start focusing on the 6th gen in 2015.

INTENSS 04-26-2013 11:35 AM

I really hope the chrome strip on the grille is blacked out on the 1LE. That piece is killing the front for me. And the rear is not getting any better with each new picture coming out...

KMPrenger 04-26-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde (Post 6472449)
is it me or does the ASHEN Gray V6 on the street look like its lowered ? has a Rake to it at certain angles

I was going to point out the same thing...its one of the first things I noticed.

That V6 is LOW. why is that? Its lower than my V6 for SURE and I'm pretty sure lower than the current SS is as well. So why is that? Is that car wearing some kind of new sport V6 suspension or are all Camaros going to be lower now?

My thoughts:

1) If they are all going to be lower...that is great!
2) SO HAPPY that the new V6 front fascia has a lower lip like the current SS has. Its something I've wished my V6 front end had since day one, but I never wanted the mailslot
3) The rest of it still does not impress me or grow on me at all. It looks too wide eyed in the front, fog lights are tiny, and the rear....well its the worst part.
4) The NPP exhaust looks great.

duffmobile 04-26-2013 11:39 AM

I do not like it at all... Sorry GM, glad I have a 2010!

el ess A 04-26-2013 11:39 AM

I like it.

BossSauce 04-26-2013 11:40 AM

I'm happy with my 2012 SS, that car looks like a Honda from the rear. The Z/28 will not look any different either. Its a shame, that LS7 is a badass engine too.

Col. Brain 04-26-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro (Post 6472082)
can't wait to see one in white !!!

the tail lights on the base really make the car pop. nailed it. the cars needed a full size tail light.

same.

The white with black on the Z/28 really catches my eye. I am really starting to like these taillights much better than the older ones (then again i never liked those taillights).

I think the perfect blend would have been these tails with the older front end.

Need to see it in person first

fastfreddie 04-26-2013 11:44 AM

I just feel sorry for the people riding in the back seat.

Macky 04-26-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde (Post 6472449)

+1

I like the refresh just fine. There is always resistance to change. I think that it is funny, though. GM listened to all of the complaints about the 5th Gen from Camaro owners and made some changes accordingly. Now, many Camaro owners are screaming about those changes!

Make your comments, good and bad, because that is what the forum is for. But please keep in mind, life is good when you are a Camaro owner!!!:thumbsup: