Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So I pulled the trigger yesterday (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9566)

dieseldave24v 11-12-2008 06:45 AM

So I pulled the trigger yesterday

After much debate I decided to go ahead and do it. 2SS/RS Manual tranny.
Red Jewel tint coat with cyber gray stripes. I have looked through every photo shop thread and cant find anything like this. It sounds good on paper, but now I am second guessing my color choice. The dealer is not going to install the stripes until they lay them out on the car. My hat is off to all the guys here who did all the research and got all the info on this car. I took a copy of the price schedule down with me just to keep the honest man honest. I knew more about the damn car than the general manager did from the info I have read on this site.

383ss 11-12-2008 07:08 AM

sounds like an interesting combo. as long as the wheels/stripes don't clash, it should look good.

kdbolt70 11-12-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldave24v (Post 188466)
Red Jewel tint coat with cyber gray stripes. I have looked through every photo shop thread and cant find anything like this. It sounds good on paper, but now I am second guessing my color choice. The dealer is not going to install the stripes until they lay them out on the car. My hat is off to all the guys here who did all the research and got all the info on this car. I took a copy of the price schedule down with me just to keep the honest man honest. I knew more about the damn car than the general manager did from the info I have read on this site.

Those stripes will be installed in the factory unless you specifically did not choose the factory installed ones...

dieseldave24v 11-12-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdbolt70 (Post 188473)
Those stripes will be installed in the factory unless you specifically did not choose the factory installed ones...

That is what I said, but the general manager assured me that all stripes are bieng installed at his body shop??????? I am with you, I thought it was at the factory as well.

Shifty 6 11-12-2008 07:41 AM

Two things (opinions only):

1: I am debating that very color combo. I think it will look very cool, very classy. I however am hesitant only because the color says grand touring sport coupe not race car. I think it will look great though.

2: My guess is the dealer can get more profit if the stripes are done in his body shop. Not much more but a little more. That may be what is driving that. -OR- he's just no that informed on the car.

dieseldave24v 11-12-2008 07:52 AM

Funny you mention that, that is almost word for word what I told the wife last night. This is almost a CTS-V type color scheme, but I like the classy look as well. Plus I want it to be original. Every one in there mother is going to have the other colors. In a few years there will be so many victory reds and yellows you will want to puke.

Crowley 11-12-2008 08:07 AM

Congrats .. should be a killer look ..

Crowley

xl1200r 11-12-2008 08:17 AM

Congrats. I'm dying to pull the trigger the also, but layoff threats at work are keeping me roped in, and my dealer wants a $5-10k deposit. Good on you.

dieseldave24v 11-12-2008 08:22 AM

I would consider another dealer. Most I have talked to are 1K deposit.

Legend 11-12-2008 08:24 AM

Good combo...I think it will look great!!

Congrats too!

SSOOCH 11-12-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldave24v (Post 188466)

What is the order code for your stripes? For example mine is "B7W" for my Cyber Grey Metallic stripes and mine will be installed at the factory. Check the code before you commit. I'd have the factory install the stripes, but that's my opinion.

xl1200r 11-12-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldave24v (Post 188494)
I would consider another dealer. Most I have talked to are 1K deposit.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to mention that.

I don't HAVE to go to this particular dealer, but I have "ins" in the dealer network around here, and my brother has connections to these guys, so hopefully he can get the deposit down for me.

This would also explain why they have more than twice as many orders left as the other main chevy dealer in the area.

dieseldave24v 11-12-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSOOCH (Post 188498)
What is the order code for your stripes? For example mine is "B7W" for my Cyber Grey Metallic stripes and mine will be installed at the factory. Check the code before you commit. I'd have the factory install the stripes, but that's my opinion.

The paint code is GAQ
The stripes are VYY

Foster26 11-12-2008 09:33 AM

VYY is dealer installed.

B7W is factory installed.

You need to change your order to B7W