Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LG Motorsports Super Pro Camaro Exhaust system results **50 RWHP Gain** (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106257)

Anthony @ LG Motorsports 09-16-2010 06:22 PM

LG Motorsports Super Pro Camaro Exhaust system results **50 RWHP Gain**

Hi guys,

The last of our Camaro group just finished up earlier this week with our LG Super Pro Exhaust complete front to back on his 2010 A6 Camaro SS.

There were no other changes, and the car did not have a cold air system on before or after. Of course it was tuned.

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...6%20Camaro.jpg

Peak gain of 49.44 HP at the rear tires, and 50.87 TQ, agian at the rear tires.

As you can see both HP and TQ increased throughout the RPM range.

BigMatt 09-16-2010 06:42 PM

damn nice gains, any ls3 results?

camarohead 09-16-2010 08:31 PM

hey anthony, saw that thread about the headers hitting the frame. was that a one time incident. do yall have everything straightened out now? looking to get headers and a cai and tune first of the year and really liking the price, sound, and look of these headers. thx

SSLarry 09-16-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMatt (Post 2338101)

:word:

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 09-17-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarohead (Post 2338533)
hey anthony, saw that thread about the headers hitting the frame. was that a one time incident. do yall have everything straightened out now? looking to get headers and a cai and tune first of the year and really liking the price, sound, and look of these headers. thx

They do have the problem solved. I talked to Anthony yesterday and yes, there were a couple that made it out that had a this issue.

LG has taken care of the problem and the customers and that's exactly why we'll continue to carry their line of product.

Excellent products and they care about the customers!

Buy with confidence,
Ivan :thumbsup:

Anthony @ LG Motorsports 09-17-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarohead (Post 2338533)

Just a handful made it out without us catching it. Everything has been buttoned down and customers have replacements in their hands. All new orders shipping are 100% correct. Sorry we had those make it out without us knowing about it.

Just so everyone knows, just like our Corvette headers these are covered by a lifetime guarantee as long as you own them.

Anthony @ LG Motorsports 09-17-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMatt (Post 2338101)

I'm constaintly adding new dyno sheets to our gallery section. I don't have all of them up but you can look over some of the L99/LS3 results here:
LG Motorsports 2010 Camaro Gallery

camarohead 09-17-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports (Post 2341496)
Just a handful made it out without us catching it. Everything has been buttoned down and customers have replacements in their hands. All new orders shipping are 100% correct. Sorry we had those make it out without us knowing about it.

Just so everyone knows, just like our Corvette headers these are covered by a lifetime guarantee as long as you own them.

yea thx for the reply. when i'm ready, might just drive over to get them installed and tuned. is there a certain cai you recommend with the headers? thx

Anthony @ LG Motorsports 09-17-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarohead (Post 2341529)
yea thx for the reply. when i'm ready, might just drive over to get them installed and tuned. is there a certain cai you recommend with the headers? thx

For the most part we have been using K&N, LMR, and VaraRam for our kits.

Just hit me up when your ready, and we will make sure a lift is clear for you!

Anthony

noob2ss 09-17-2010 04:35 PM

Would a tune be required for this to not set off the check engine light?

caverman 09-17-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob2ss (Post 2341739)

Pretty much all Long Tubes are going to need to be tuned....no matter what the brand.

Your only option of getting around a tune is to go with some High Flow cat mid-pipes like what JBA or SOLO sell. You can use those in conjunction with your factory header manifolds or shorties if you want.

Do a search on tuning and you can read all the reasons why you're going to want to do a tune with LTs. Remember, just because you get a tune doesn't mean that you will absolutely loose your drivetrain warranty. I just had my tune done just over a week ago and the tuner mentioned that I might be developing a small valve cover gasket leak. When I was at the Classic Chevy meet last weekend I took my salesman over and showed him. I asked if they would complain since I had headers and a tune.....and he said No....not going to be an issue. The headers and tune had nothing to do with valve cover gasket. That is just one example.

If your tune or headers caused the problem then your issue you are trying to get covered under warranty may not be covered but if it has nothing to do with them then you shouldn't have a problem.

Trust me....I was putting it off as well because of money and the warranty stuff. My car is only 6 mths old and has 3,600 mi. I pulled the trigger and I'm not looking back.

I have seen plenty of posts asking about the possibility of something not being covered but I have yet to see even one post where someone had their warranty denied because of headers, exhaust, and tune. Just don't let your neighbor's 15 yr old practice on your car. Take it to a reputable performance shop and you should be fine.

Now a supercharger and/or cam might be a different story.

Cal 20112SS 09-17-2010 06:31 PM

Hey guys, I posted the "headers hitting frame rail" thread. LG came through with a replacement header and all is good now. I haven't put it on a dyno yet but I can tell you, when I get on it...... I literally have to peel myself off the seat.:bow:

Anthony @ LG Motorsports 09-18-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob2ss (Post 2341739)

Caverman is right...you should get the car tuned afterwards. Not only for any SES light that might come on but also to adjust the fuel and spark curves to take full advantage of the new exhaust flow on the car.