Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I have a question the the RS package. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278803)

AmericanMuscleCars 02-22-2013 10:53 PM

I have a question the the RS package.

Ok, I just got a new 2013 Camaro with the upgraded rims and the upgraded paint job with the racing stripes on it. It does not have the RS badge on it. now what is the difference between the two. should I just get the RS badge and put it on my self? I just wanted to know the difference between the basic model and the Rally Sport package. Thanks in advance!

lscamaro 02-22-2013 10:55 PM

The basic model has no HID headlamps with halos as well as no painted roof trim. I don't know what wheels you're talking about but the rs package comes with the 20" wheels as well.

Btw, the racing stripes are just vinyls

AmericanMuscleCars 02-22-2013 11:08 PM

Thanks! BTW the rims I have on them now are 20 inches stock and I was wondering if I put all of those headlamps on and i some how get the trim on there could I go ahead and badge it with the RS badge. I mean how hard and costly is it for the headlamps and the trim?

McSleepyx9 02-22-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars (Post 6197783)
Thanks! BTW the rims I have on them now are 20 inches stock and I was wondering if I put all of those headlamps on and i some how get the trim on there could I go ahead and badge it with the RS badge. I mean how hard and costly is it for the headlamps and the trim?

http://www.gen5diy.com/exterior/RS_headlights

more or less..

lscamaro 02-22-2013 11:25 PM

About 900 for the headlights and just paint the trim. You're gonna get the "purists" who are going to say that you can never badge your car as RS because it wasn't an RS from the factory but my opinion is simply... Do what you want. It's your car so if you want the badge, just put it on. That's my opinion.

AmericanMuscleCars 02-22-2013 11:32 PM

Thanks a bunch! And how would I just paint the trim. I have looked for the RS trim and I can't find it.

AmericanMuscleCars 02-22-2013 11:39 PM

One more thing (probably not) what car do I have is it the 1LE i haven't been able to get any knowledge on the actual car type, it is the v6 cant get any info on it even through the chevrolet website, all I know it is a step up from the base model camaro with the beauty ring rims and the racing stripes.

GunnyG 02-22-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars (Post 6197922)
One more thing (probably not) what car do I have is it the 1LE i haven't been able to get any knowledge on the actual car type, it is the v6 cant get any info on it even through the chevrolet website, all I know it is a step up from the base model camaro with the beauty ring rims and the racing stripes.

If it's a V6...it's definitely NOT a 1LE. Google the VIN perhaps?

lscamaro 02-22-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnyG (Post 6197941)
If it's a V6...it's definitely NOT a 1LE. Google the VIN perhaps?

:word: I think you're thinking of the 1LT.

GunnyG 02-22-2013 11:56 PM

Here's what I did...I have a 2010 2SS, Non-RS. I got Eagle Eye headlights (halo/HID), and left my badges white. My roof ditch molding is already color matched, since my car is black. Maybe see if a body shop can color match your molding, get cheaper headlights than OEM RS, get whatever badge you want, and ride that sucker like it's nobody's business but your own. Good luck fella...let's see some pics.

And, is did not mean for the "NOT" above to come off as a slight against your car being a V6. I like all Camaro's...from V6-ZL1! After all, it's a Camaro!

AmericanMuscleCars 02-23-2013 12:03 AM

Thanks GunnyG I have to take the cover off of it. Its my weekend ride lol. But I will have some pictures up soon and ill let you know. Thanks a bunch man, and your right who gives a crap about what other people think.

GunnyG 02-23-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars (Post 6198020)
Thanks GunnyG I have to take the cover off of it. Its my weekend ride lol. But I will have some pictures up soon and ill let you know. Thanks a bunch man, and your right who gives a crap about what other people think.

:thumbsup: Welcome to the C5 Family!

pump905 02-23-2013 12:36 AM

if it is a v6 and it has the rs package the badge would be rs if it has no badge i thk it is non rs, do you have leather seats rs has leather

AmericanMuscleCars 02-23-2013 12:45 AM

No it has cloth, but I am going to put the RS badge on it. I already knew the RS had leather but. IDK what my car is it is an upgraded rim package and paint job, with upgraded fog lamps or driving lights.