Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Break Squeaking While driving!? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313580)

Nighthawk89 08-17-2013 11:43 PM

Break Squeaking While driving!?

For some reason SINCE i have bought my car one of the left breaks has been squeaky.. Just recently it has started squealing/ squeaking when i am driving.. It will stop when i apply the break for a bit and then start up again.. After i drove home from laguna beach ( 90 Miles ) And listened to the squeeling for the larger part of the drive when i pulled up to my drive way and applied the break it made a really trippy noise.. What could this be?? I doubt the Stealership will fix it even tho i am under warranty so what should i do?

Mr_Draco 08-18-2013 07:57 AM

Is it a constant "squeallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllll" or is it intermittent "squeal. squeal. squeal. squeal"

Only two things I can think that would cause it is a warped rotor or a stuck caliper piston. Either way I would take it to a dealer and see what they say. If it's a stuck caliper then it should be covered. The rotor may or may not.

Nighthawk89 08-18-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6911583)
Is it a constant "squeallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllll" or is it intermittent "squeal. squeal. squeal. squeal"

Only two things I can think that would cause it is a warped rotor or a stuck caliper piston. Either way I would take it to a dealer and see what they say. If it's a stuck caliper then it should be covered. The rotor may or may not.

Its a constant squeallllll from what I can hear. Its hard to tell while im driving from my side buy im almost positive.. What can cause a caliper to stick?

Firefighter 08-18-2013 12:38 PM

If it's a stuck caliper when talking about the Brembos it would be a piston in the bore. Either debris in the system got into the bore or there is something wrong with the bore itself.

If it is on a floating caliper like the PBR's on the 4th gens or the V6 5th gens it could be all of the above plus the pins that the caliper floats/slides on could be bent or have a similar issue to the pistons.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-18-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 (Post 6911153)
For some reason SINCE i have bought my car one of the left breaks has been squeaky.. Just recently it has started squealing/ squeaking when i am driving.. It will stop when i apply the break for a bit and then start up again.. After i drove home from laguna beach ( 90 Miles ) And listened to the squeeling for the larger part of the drive when i pulled up to my drive way and applied the break it made a really trippy noise.. What could this be?? I doubt the Stealership will fix it even tho i am under warranty so what should i do?

Nighthawk89,

Sincere apologies to hear about the squeak you're experiencing. If you decide to take the vehicle to the dealer, I'd have no problem keeping a close eye on the diagnosis for you. Feel free to send me a PM if I can be of assistance.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Nighthawk89 08-18-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6912439)
Nighthawk89,

Sincere apologies to hear about the squeak you're experiencing. If you decide to take the vehicle to the dealer, I'd have no problem keeping a close eye on the diagnosis for you. Feel free to send me a PM if I can be of assistance.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks william. I will be taking it into the dealer tomorrow possibly. Maybe they will even actually take the time to look at the steering issue while its atleast on the rack..

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-18-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 (Post 6913000)
Thanks william. I will be taking it into the dealer tomorrow possibly. Maybe they will even actually take the time to look at the steering issue while its atleast on the rack..

Keep me posted!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care