Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Ask Detailer's Domain (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100053)

Iomcamaro 07-27-2011 01:58 AM

Do you guys have the Wolf Chemicals back in stock yet? I know over on DB you said that you were out about a week ago. And if so which of these do you suggest. I'm always willing to try new stuff. :D And how does the nano sealant compare durability wise to Menz PL or BFWD?

DetailersDomain 07-27-2011 10:00 AM

we do not have the Wolf's Chemicals in yet.

Phil

Iomcamaro 08-01-2011 10:54 PM

Phil, if I ordered 2 bottles of Body Wrap and 1 Bottle of Glass Guard today, when do you think the shipment for those will be able to reach me? I know that you said the first shipment was already sold out before I ordered today, so will it be a month from now?

DetailersDomain 08-02-2011 08:53 PM

I have not used the Wolf's Glass Sealant yet but from the guys that requested it they do love it.

Update on the Wolf's we should have it ready to ship in 7-14 days, its in transit to us.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...htm#post313687

Iomcamaro 08-02-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain (Post 3559186)
I have not used the Wolf's Glass Sealant yet but from the guys that requested it they do love it.

Update on the Wolf's we should have it ready to ship in 7-14 days, its in transit to us.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...htm#post313687

Thanks Phil. Your customer service keeps me as a return customer. It's second to none.

DetailersDomain 08-02-2011 09:08 PM

no problem at all.

CamaroDreams07 08-04-2011 12:44 AM

Hello Mr. Phil,

Had a couple questions for you.

1. How do your foam pads differ from the Adam's pads that I'm using? Can they be used on the same backing plate I got from Adam's? Will they be more/less agressive since they aren't hex patterned?

2. On the Glanz wax page on your website it says "Because Glanz Wax is unlike any other wax, application differs slightly.

1."

That's all it says :D What are the ways it differs?

Thanks just placed another small order tonight and looking forward to getting my Wolf's in from my previous order :thumbsup:
-Matt

DetailersDomain 08-04-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 3565998)
Hello Mr. Phil,

Had a couple questions for you.

1. How do your foam pads differ from the Adam's pads that I'm using? Can they be used on the same backing plate I got from Adam's? Will they be more/less agressive since they aren't hex patterned?

2. On the Glanz wax page on your website it says "Because Glanz Wax is unlike any other wax, application differs slightly.

1."

That's all it says :D What are the ways it differs?

Thanks just placed another small order tonight and looking forward to getting my Wolf's in from my previous order :thumbsup:
-Matt

Matt,

Just a heads up the Wolf's in route to us, there have been a few unexpected delays.

as for the glanz i have updated the description have a look.

our pads are great, what size is your backing plate from Adam's.

He's got 6.5 inch pads so if you go with our 6.5 inch pads they will work with your machine.

we have similar pads their colors match their products, in fact we should be adding Adam's foam pads to our site shortly.

camaroaarp 08-04-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain (Post 2208824)
We are happy to be a part of CAMARO5, so please let us know if you have anything you would like to see, suggestions, comments, etc. are welcome and invited.

We have found having this thread is great for forum members.

Let me know what's on your mind, how to apply something, tech questions on detailing?

I will try to answer it the best I can also welcome others to answer as well.

Some good tips:

Engine detailing
HVAC Clean up
Free Swissvax Handbook
Ace Turbostick Videos

I just bought from Detailers Domain, and thet are, hands down, THE BEST. Good web site, best prices, no sales tax (legal?) and the fastest standard shipping I have ever encountered. Use the 'NEWBIE"'' discount for 10%. The sell all of the Adams detail products, and a whole slew of other items. I ordered my Adams products at 10pm on Monday and they were on my stoop on Wednesday when I got home. Screw Amazon. These are the dudes!

DetailersDomain 08-04-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaroaarp (Post 3569784)
I just bought from Detailers Domain, and thet are, hands down, THE BEST. Good web site, best prices, no sales tax (legal?) and the fastest standard shipping I have ever encountered. Use the 'NEWBIE"'' discount for 10%. The sell all of the Adams detail products, and a whole slew of other items. I ordered my Adams products at 10pm on Monday and they were on my stoop on Wednesday when I got home. Screw Amazon. These are the dudes!

Thanks for the order! Yup its legal we only charge tax in NJ.
LMK if you need anything else. :thumbup:

FL1CK 08-04-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain (Post 3570246)
Thanks for the order! Yup its legal we only charge tax in NJ.
LMK if you need anything else. :thumbup:

So, the Uber drying towel... $2 more than Adams... can you tell me demensions please?

DetailersDomain 08-04-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road Rage (Post 3570695)
So, the Uber drying towel... $2 more than Adams... can you tell me demensions please?

its 26x46, we have a few left, our next shipment should be here at the end of the month, these are moving extremely fast.

CamaroDreams07 08-05-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain (Post 3566653)
Matt,

Just a heads up the Wolf's in route to us, there have been a few unexpected delays.

as for the glanz i have updated the description have a look.

our pads are great, what size is your backing plate from Adam's.

He's got 6.5 inch pads so if you go with our 6.5 inch pads they will work with your machine.

we have similar pads their colors match their products, in fact we should be adding Adam's foam pads to our site shortly.

I guess what I'm wondering is what's the difference between a flat pad like you sell now, and the patterned ones that I use from Adam's? Or is it just two different ways of doing the same thing? I was thinking that flat would be more surface contact with the paint so maybe more polishing action..:iono:

DetailersDomain 08-05-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 3571092)
I guess what I'm wondering is what's the difference between a flat pad like you sell now, and the patterned ones that I use from Adam's? Or is it just two different ways of doing the same thing? I was thinking that flat would be more surface contact with the paint so maybe more polishing action..:iono:

I believe Adam uses the hex pads with his products specifically on the pc, they feel they get better results.

if you use the Adam's line up exclusively I would stick with the hex pads for your PC.

Iomcamaro 08-08-2011 10:07 PM

Phil, how well do you like Aquartz? I found a heck of a deal and had to jump on it. It was $13 for a 80mL bottle. It cost me $22 to ship it to the USA from CAN, but I've heard that this stuff is amazing also. I was wandering how long you have seen this stuff last? Thanks for any input in advance.

CamaroDreams07 08-08-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iomcamaro (Post 3588682)
Phil, how well do you like Aquartz? I found a heck of a deal and had to jump on it. It was $13 for a 80mL bottle. It cost me $22 to ship it to the USA from CAN, but I've heard that this stuff is amazing also. I was wandering how long you have seen this stuff last? Thanks for any input in advance.

Damn..you got a link to that deal?

Iomcamaro 08-08-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 3588752)
Damn..you got a link to that deal?

I got the last bottle that the guy had. Otherwise I was going to order more. lol

DetailersDomain 08-09-2011 07:49 AM

that's a great deal! no one came come close to that.

its a great product I'll be posting up a few more cars done with aquartz shortly.

CamaroDreams07 08-09-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetailersDomain (Post 3589720)
that's a great deal! no one came come close to that.

its a great product I'll be posting up a few more cars done with aquartz shortly.

Too great of a deal- he said he's not getting any more in. :( Damn you, Keith for taking the last bottle!

Iomcamaro 08-09-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 3591852)
Too great of a deal- he said he's not getting any more in. :( Damn you, Keith for taking the last bottle!

Anytime. :thumbup: Join a bunch of detailing forums. This stuff pops up all of the time. Like right now I'm in the process of buying a $35 bottle of Menzerna P085RD for $20 from Phil just because the factory had a label misprint.

CamaroDreams07 08-15-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iomcamaro (Post 3594077)
Anytime. :thumbup: Join a bunch of detailing forums. This stuff pops up all of the time. Like right now I'm in the process of buying a $35 bottle of Menzerna P085RD for $20 from Phil just because the factory had a label misprint.

Definitely do not have the time anymore for more than one forum.

Phil-
Where are you at with the Wolf's?

Supercharged SS 08-15-2011 06:28 PM

Phil,
I have two quick questions for you:

1. What do you suggest for removing light to moderate scratches on a black vehicle? Something that I can apply by hand would be the best. And then what wax to follow up with. The truck spends most of it's time outside.

2.What can I use to get the white wax haze off my trim. This is on my Black Silverado that my dad went a little crazy with the orbital on!!! I saw a cleaning product on the site, I think pre-wow or something like that but with that do I have to follow up each wash with a trim coating?

Thanks!!

DetailersDomain 08-15-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 3621138)
Definitely do not have the time anymore for more than one forum.

Phil-
Where are you at with the Wolf's?

Wolf's should be in this week or early next week.

We currently have the rim sealant, glass sealant, and trim in stock.

DetailersDomain 08-15-2011 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=Supercharged SS;3621189]Phil,

1. What do you suggest for removing light to moderate scratches on a black vehicle? Something that I can apply by hand would be the best. And then what wax to follow up with. The truck spends most of it's time outside.

Sure thing, by hand that will be a tough one I guess I would suggest Menzerna Power Finish that's a good polish.

I would suggest though to use a PC or the like it would do a much better job and probably save you a ton of time.

2.What can I use to get the white wax haze off my trim. This is on my Black Silverado that my dad went a little crazy with the orbital on!!! I saw a cleaning product on the site, I think pre-wow or something like that but with that do I have to follow up each wash with a trim coating?

What type of trim is it can you get a photo...

You may want to use a soft brush and some Adam's APC then follow with Pre Wow.

Let me know if that helps.

Supercharged SS 08-15-2011 07:24 PM

Yes,that def helps. The scratches are in isolated areas so doing it by hand shouldn't be to bad. I was thinking about that meguiars compound on your site. Bad choice? I'll get some pics if it ever stops raining. I'm referring to the plastic bed caps, mirrors, the plastic loovers? on the hood. It looked like the pre-wow was what I needed.

Thank you very much.

[QUOTE=DetailersDomain;3621349]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 3621189)
Phil,

Sure thing, by hand that will be a tough one I guess I would suggest Menzerna Power Finish that's a good polish.

I would suggest though to use a PC or the like it would do a much better job and probably save you a ton of time.

What type of trim is it can you get a photo...

You may want to use a soft brush and some Adam's APC then follow with Pre Wow.

Let me know if that helps.