Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sun Roof? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10775)

Xanthos 01-08-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 238428)
Well the reason we got a sunroof going up and out of the car instead of down and in was supposed to give you taller guys more headroom. So there shouldn't be any problem there. All I can say is that it better give you more headroom because I want it to go down and in!

Are you kidding, my T-tops came out almost every sunny day.

Just a difference in opinion I guess. It wasn't worth the time for me to pull them off when I could just roll down the window.

Plus - this is Oklahoma. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.
- Xanthos

NHHHR 01-08-2009 11:15 AM

Geez, I used to take them off constantly - driving around with a fleece and the heat on with the tops off was cool. It was very convertible-like, but unfortunately too noisy to go above 50mph in my opinion. Still loved the T-tops tho

Xanthos 01-08-2009 11:18 AM

I'd never drive a vert either, for that matter. Or at least, I wouldn't order one.
- Xanthos

Camaro_Corvette 01-08-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 238431)
Just a difference in opinion I guess. It wasn't worth the time for me to pull them off when I could just roll down the window.

Plus - this is Oklahoma. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.
- Xanthos

Yeah I know what you mean, here in Indiana 5 minutes is the difference between night and day in terms of weather. It gets old after a while. I hate it.

EllwynX 01-08-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 238428)
Are you kidding, my T-tops came out almost every sunny day.

Same here. Every chance I got, my TTops were out. Loved 'em!! Miss 'em... :(

dbotsfordtat 01-08-2009 07:53 PM

I initially ordered mine with the sunroof, I think it looks fine, but I'm bald and prone to head burn so I cancelled.

ArcAngel 01-08-2009 07:59 PM

I have had a sunroof on almost all of my cars and I almost never open them because i hate the noise so I am not ordering one and keeping the 1000 in my pocket

SScattergunSS 01-09-2009 01:47 AM

I think it's funny how many guys / gals have T-Tops and rarely if ever use 'em. I still take mine off as often as possible. I love 'em even more than a convertible because you still have some privacy and some steel, while still experiencing the wind, sun, and all the scenery etc.. DAMN, I'm gonna miss 'em on these 2010's!!! Heck, I might have even driven a Yugo if it had T-Tops. (Okay you photoshop guys, have at it)

Now I wonder if I should wait a couple of years for the Convertible?!