Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A Challenger? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2804)

need-one-bad 02-08-2008 04:29 PM

A Challenger?

Had the local Dodge Dealer in my office this morning, said he was getting two new Challengers in(Black & Silver). He knows I'm waiting for the Camaro, but likes to give me a hard time. He said they would start the"bidding" an $57K. I hope the GM dealers don't pull the same crap. (Guess I'll take it in the shorts if they do, cuz I meed-one-bad!)

mega_man_01103 02-08-2008 04:32 PM

$57k!!!!!!!!

DAMN!!!!!

radz28 02-08-2008 04:48 PM

Lame...

The_Stache 02-08-2008 05:07 PM

Lol, Want a contact to get one at MSRP? I gott'em...

Big Boss Man 02-08-2008 08:55 PM

I wouldnt pay .57 cents for a dodge

Jackster 02-09-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diarmadhi (Post 44292)
Lol, Want a contact to get one at MSRP? I gott'em...

i do

Dan 02-09-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Boss Man (Post 44315)
I wouldnt pay .57 cents for a dodge

Especially when its a 2+ ton tugboat on wheels....

The_Stache 02-09-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackster (Post 44370)
i do

If your serious PM me and I will get you the info.

Jeff 02-09-2008 02:59 PM

Everyone thats into cars that I usually hang around with all seem to love the Challenger.. I'm the only one that thinks its average.. There is no way I would pay that much for a Challenger. Waste of money honestly..

DGthe3 02-09-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 44395)
Everyone thats into cars that I usually hang around with all seem to love the Challenger.. I'm the only one that thinks its average.. There is no way I would pay that much for a Challenger. Waste of money honestly..

Same here. Most dont care for the Camaro too much, but they like the Challenger. Then again, most of the people around me are into exotics and imports too. But thats fine.

The Camaro won't have nearly the same markups because of supply and demand. There will likely be at least as many high end Camaros, possibly more. Plus, there are some 6000 people who are buying a Challenger this year and very few of them will buy the Camaro. So, there is going to be a greater supply and possibly less demand. Therefore, price will be lower

Jak 02-09-2008 08:01 PM

I don't have anything against the Challenger, but it don't call out to me like the Camaro. (Does that make any sense?):iono: I mean I see the Challenger and I think, "Nice car." I see the Camaro and I think, " Oh, yeah, that's it."

JaysonAych 02-10-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jak (Post 44415)
I don't have anything against the Challenger, but it don't call out to me like the Camaro. (Does that make any sense?):iono: I mean I see the Challenger and I think, "Nice car." I see the Camaro and I think, " Oh, yeah, that's it."

I totally understand...I'm the same way. The Challenger seems to be very reliant on its retro exterior styling. While the Camaro does harken back to some design cues of the original Camaros, it's not a complete retro vehicle...it's still very fresh and modern. The Challenger doesn't have much exterior detailing. It's better than the show car was, but it still looks rather plain with the bare minimum of linework.

And the interior...somehow, I knew long before the official pics hit the Intertubes that the production version of the Challenger was going to be a hard plastic parts-bin warm-over of the Charger, and not anything special. I've been driving a Dodge for a while now...I want an interior with a bit of pizazz, and the Camaro delivers a far better option.

Plus, for what I want, the Challenger is too huge. Looking at a sporty car, something that large just doesn't look like it's good for anything but straight-line speed. The new Camaro, with its suspension, wide stance, and long wheelbase just begs to be flicked through the twisties, and I'll be more than happy to oblige. :D

octane_n_veins 02-12-2008 04:31 PM

Mark Ups...

The reason there are mark ups on "New Vehicles" is do to shady dealerships selling their product at supplier price. Most people think there goin to get screwed when they purchase a new car like the good old days when dealerships use to pull quick ones on people. So by as customers now days are lookin for a "good deal" what they really are doin is screw the saleman and the dealership. And so that doesn't happen to a new car like the Challenger and the Camaro, it's not a shock that daelerships WILL make them up so as up chip away at the mark up they still sale the car for the window sticker, aka: MSRP.

And just remember salesman have families too. And if the price on the window is too high, look at a lesser equiped model or lesser equiped vehicle.

bouncertime 02-12-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octane_n_veins (Post 44832)
The reason there are mark ups on "New Vehicles" is do to shady dealerships selling their product at supplier price. Most people think there goin to get screwed when they purchase a new car like the good old days when dealerships use to pull quick ones on people. So by as customers now days are lookin for a "good deal" what they really are doin is screw the saleman and the dealership. And so that doesn't happen to a new car like the Challenger and the Camaro, it's not a shock that daelerships WILL make them up so as up chip away at the mark up they still sale the car for the window sticker, aka: MSRP.

And just remember salesman have families too. And if the price on the window is too high, look at a lesser equiped model or lesser equiped vehicle.

You must be a salesman.:w00t: