Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   UFC - BJ Penn - WOW!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56439)

toetter 12-13-2009 11:00 PM

UFC - BJ Penn - WOW!!!!

BJ displayed why he will go down as one of the best fighters, EVER!! I am no big BJ fan, but I am now. He dominated Diego Sanchez in impressive fashion. Who in the hell is going to beat him in the 155 pound class?? There is no one who will beat Anderson Silva either for that matter!! Got to love the UFC! :headbang:

Zeus 12-13-2009 11:02 PM

They should have a tourney at the end of the year, with no weight classes, with all the top world fighters. Then you can find out who the best really is.

And Fedor would win. lol.

1badtie 12-13-2009 11:09 PM

i didnt see the fight but bj and anderson in my opinion two of the best fighters the ufc have ever seen both are very skilled and technical fighters....

SleepWarz 12-13-2009 11:28 PM

less drama and chest thumping and more whoopassing.

567234ta 12-13-2009 11:50 PM

lets not forget GSP, he made Penn look like an amateur.

toetter 12-14-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 567234ta (Post 1281711)
lets not forget GSP, he made Penn look like an amateur.

Good point!! I forgot all about that, but, that was before the "NEW" BJ arrived. I would love to see a rematch!! :headbang::headbang:

toetter 12-14-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willcunningham (Post 1281514)
i didnt see the fight but bj and anderson in my opinion two of the best fighters the ufc have ever seen both are very skilled and technical fighters....

I could not agree more. It would be AWESOME if they fought each other!! That is what sucks about weight classes. They have to keep switching in order to fight the top competition.

toetter 12-14-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 1281485)
They should have a tourney at the end of the year, with no weight classes, with all the top world fighters. Then you can find out who the best really is.

And Fedor would win. lol.

Fedor is a great fighter!! Too bad he declined to fight in the UFC. Is he scared?? LOL Hopefully he will wake up and fight with the "BIG BOYS." :popcorn:

Zeus 12-14-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toetter (Post 1281895)
Fedor is a great fighter!! Too bad he declined to fight in the UFC. Is he scared?? LOL Hopefully he will wake up and fight with the "BIG BOYS." :popcorn:

He didn't 'decline' it, he had some sort of contract problem. He's said in interviews over and over again that hes not against fighting in the UFC.

Iwantone2 12-14-2009 10:53 AM

Yes, we were all amazed at BJ!!! He totally demolished Sanchez and I think they were hinting at a GSP rematch. Seriously, I don't think Sanchez landed a good hit on him!

And how about the "new" Frank Mir? I love the way that guy talks down to his opponents (not saying its cool, but funny) and the good thing is that he can back it up in the cage...except if it's Lesnar :D

As far as Silva goes, I think they are going to put Vitor Belfort in his path. THAT's going to be a good fight as well, don't ya guys think?

Zeus 12-14-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwantone2 (Post 1282683)
Yes, we were all amazed at BJ!!! He totally demolished Sanchez and I think they were hinting at a GSP rematch. Seriously, I don't think Sanchez landed a good hit on him!

And how about the "new" Frank Mir? I love the way that guy talks down to his opponents (not saying its cool, but funny) and the good thing is that he can back it up in the cage...except if it's Lesnar :D

As far as Silva goes, I think they are going to put Vitor Belfort in his path. THAT's going to be a good fight as well, don't ya guys think?

That lesnar match was hilarious. Mir talks so much shit, and he got jailhouse raped by Brock.

Iwantone2 12-14-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 1282822)
That lesnar match was hilarious. Mir talks so much shit, and he got jailhouse raped by Brock.

:bellyroll:

Still, you gotta love Mir! When he gets his ass handed to him, he deserves it for talking all that smack! But when he whopps ass like he did against Kongo, my respect for him grows!

My favorite Frank Mir line is when he said, "Even if it was my mom in the ring, I'd break her arm..."

I heard that there might be Liddell vs. Ortiz pt 3...

Scrapppy666 12-14-2009 12:36 PM

thought liddell had some life threatening disease and his career was in jeopardy?

Zeus 12-14-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 (Post 1283034)
thought liddell had some life threatening disease and his career was in jeopardy?

Lesnar