Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   College Grad discount (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38999)

BulletSS 08-24-2009 03:32 PM

College Grad discount

Anyone know if the college grad discount got cancelled? I called one of the dealers on my short list and he said GM is no longer offering it. I know all about the dealer having the option to opt out and not offer it, but last week this dealer said they would, now they say it's not available.

nUcLeArEnVoY 08-24-2009 06:39 PM

https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cgp

Looks pretty available to me. :\

They're trying to swindle out of doing the discount - even if you print that page and show it to them, ergo proving that it is still in effect, they have a right to decline it.

thaone151 08-24-2009 06:56 PM

My car comes in 9/4 and I stopped by the dealer today for some updates and put some more cash down. My price has not changed and I ordered in June with a college discount. Sounds like the dealer does not want to honor the deal.

BulletSS 08-24-2009 10:18 PM

It was the dealer

I called Chevrolet afterwards and they said it was in effect. BUT, it expires at the end of September. GM could renew, but at this time, it's going to end. The problem now was how to get an order in (no one would even consider supplier pricing for a car on the lot) and still get it before the program expires?
Order now, and still get the car in 37 days- don't think so.

mondain 08-25-2009 11:05 AM

Whoa, wait, Chevy said the recent grad discount was going away end of september 2009??

BulletSS 08-25-2009 11:25 AM

That's what Chevy said when I called the 800 number. I talked to my dealer last night, and he thinks they will renew it. They just had to put an end date on it so it wouldn't run indefinately.

mondain 08-25-2009 11:58 AM

Has it expired/renewed multiple times in the past??

jschuler 08-25-2009 12:12 PM

I'm having my dealer check on that right now! I'm so glad you mentioned it, now I could save >$1000 on the price! Hopefully they decide to honor it.....

Mikk2K 08-25-2009 12:20 PM

The program may end at the end of the September, but if you get an activation number through the program. That number is good for six months. So say you sign up and get a number in August, that number is still good until February.

jschuler 08-25-2009 12:21 PM

Good deal. I went on last night and got an activation number. I also SHOULD be getting my car by the end of September...thanks for the advice though!

Jess

SECjunky 08-25-2009 12:31 PM

wow i just filled out all the info hopefully my dealer honors it!!!

mondain 08-25-2009 12:43 PM

I just generated my auth number, good until 2/10/2011.

mondain 08-25-2009 12:46 PM

Personally I find the "instructions" on the gm college discount misleading:
1. Keep your authorization number: You will need your authorization number to redeem your vehicle discount. Please print this page or write down the authorization number for the dealer.
2. Visit your dealer: When you are ready to make your vehicle purchase, present the authorization number and proof of program eligibility to your salesperson.
3. Confirm your discount: After selecting your new vehicle, the dealer will review a Customer-Dealer Agreement with you. Confirm that supplier pricing has been applied to the invoice and sign the Customer-Dealer Agreement.
4. Drive home in your new GM vehicle!

Why would I have gone through the trouble of selecting a new vehicle if accepting the discount is optional at the dealer? Why wouldnt that be my first question? Do they actually think I would go through all the steps and have paperwork drawn up, only to learn that I DIDNT get the discount, but would still go "eh, I'll pay more money! yay thanks!"?

mister_goods1 08-31-2009 11:14 PM

i just purchased my ss1 on aug 15th and they did not honor the college discount deal for me. Thats after he told me about it when i ordered it.....wtf......when it was time to sign the papers the salesman started stuttering and was all like oh well......umm...gm isn't offering any types of discounts on the camaros....so its up to the individual dealership to accept it or not....and i doubt it too many dealerships are going to offer it