Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What's going to replace the LS7? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1390)

JeepinMatt 08-12-2007 01:53 AM

What's going to replace the LS7?

I guess this should really be in the Other Cars section, or a Corvette section, but it just struck me - If the LS7 is going to be phased out by the time the Camaro hits the market, then what's going to replace it? Not in street trim, but I mean the racing program. I really doubt it will be a supercharged LS3, since it is, well, supercharged. They need to come up with something naturally aspirated, high power, and high revving. And being an LS engine, it'll fit in the engine bay of a Camaro...

Dave McFly 08-12-2007 10:44 AM

maybe, and i'm just guessing here, a LS8?
:burnrubber:

DGthe3 08-12-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave McFly (Post 19210)
maybe, and i'm just guessing here, a LS8?
:burnrubber:

and to that i will also guess that it will have more than 505 hp. That clear things up Matt?:bellyroll:

CamaroSpike23 08-12-2007 02:04 PM

isnt there already an LS9 in the works, or already made?

I know there is the 8.3L LSx with 511 cubes

The_Stache 08-12-2007 04:18 PM

LS9 and LSA have been used interchangeably from all the hint posts I've read, essentially until we have a confirmation its best to assume either or both is the LS3 supercharged.

Replacement is probably whatever the next gen vette is getting (blue devil,stringray, ss, whatever you want to call it) and I highly doubt it will go in the camaro.

CamaroSpike23 08-12-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diarmadhi (Post 19234)
LS9 and LSA have been used interchangeably from all the hint posts I've read, essentially until we have a confirmation its best to assume either or both is the LS3 supercharged.

Replacement is probably whatever the next gen vette is getting (blue devil,stringray, ss, whatever you want to call it) and I highly doubt it will go in the camaro.

whats an LSA?

and the camaro will eventually get whatever engine goes in the vette. always has. which is why the camaro is always better than the mustang. we get the vette motor!
:headbang:

stevenm357 08-12-2007 05:50 PM

since the LS 7 is for the most part hand built, it might stick around a little longer? LS8.. or 9 maybe?

Mr. Wyndham 08-12-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenm357 (Post 19238)
since the LS 7 is for the most part hand built, it might stick around a little longer? LS8.. or 9 maybe?

There's nothing that says The top Vette engine HAS to be hand-built, or HAS to be N/A, it's just sort of been a trend. Of everything I've read, the Super-Vette is supposed to get a supercharged LS3, which is strengthened (rods, crank, pistons, valves etc.) for High-power, high-speed use. Hence the Completely different engine RPO, LS9. So that engine could replace the LS7, and make it into the Z06. But who knows what GM has up there sleeves:iono: They hava knack for surprising us with things like this.:D

I wouldn't doubt that there will be an LS8, not becuase it follows "7", but because it's one of the few LS(single digits) that hasn't been used yet.
LS5, LS8, LS0....I don't think there will be an LS0, it doesn't sound right. So maybe they'll start using Letters, LSa, :iono:

Like I said, who knows? but I think we can look for the LS9(supercharged LS3) to replace the LS7.

CamaroSpike23 08-12-2007 06:49 PM

here...

Enjoy

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f...97016876f5.htm

8.3L LSx 511 cubes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mungo 08-12-2007 07:04 PM

DAMN!!!!!! Someone will be out there kicking this camaro to the max. OK now that I can have horsepower out the wazoo, add the weight necessary for FULL roll down windows and I'm in heaven! SWEET.

JeepinMatt 08-13-2007 12:57 AM

LS9 would be supercharged. That'll work for the street Vette, but I doubt it for the racing version. They have to put something into the race Vettes. Whether that trickles down into production cars or stays put in the engine bay of the C6Rs, I want one :D

TFord 08-14-2007 03:06 PM

hey matt those C6Rs cost like 120K Id love to have one of those too. the rotors off that thing cost 10,000. could you see the looks on people's faces when you pulled up to the light though? :eyebulge:

JeepinMatt 08-14-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFord (Post 19421)
hey matt those C6Rs cost like 120K Id love to have one of those too. the rotors off that thing cost 10,000. could you see the looks on people's faces when you pulled up to the light though? :eyebulge:

Haha true true. I just want to see a high-revving engine option. If an LS3 will do it, I'll bore and stroke that out and work over the rest of the engine (cam, heads, etc). I would like it to still be making peak power in the mid 7k RPM range

TFord 08-14-2007 03:38 PM

pretty sure that it will be an aluminum block, from my understanding boring that block would be bad ju ju. I dont realy know, never had an aluminum block to work with.