Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Jannetty Racing Cam Package Videos (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70820)

JANNETTYRACING 03-13-2010 07:34 AM

Jannetty Racing Cam Package Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SDGs-c0Lvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1PfQOAgz8

Check them out.

Ltdodge 03-13-2010 08:04 AM

sounds very nice!!! :thumbup:

question, based on the mods on the street package and now a cam. it seems that you gained 31 hp. why do some claim to gain more? you got around 446 while others say they get 465 with a cam.

is that just smoking mirrors? just curious

thanks

JANNETTYRACING 03-13-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ltdodge (Post 1584376)
sounds very nice!!! :thumbup:

question, based on the mods on the street package and now a cam. it seems that you gained 31 hp. why do some claim to gain more? you got around 446 while others say they get 465 with a cam.

is that just smoking mirrors? just curious

thanks

There are a few Reasons, I was NOT going for the biggest power gain more along the lines of the best all around daily driver with Benefits.

There are bigger cams that make more PEAK power but will give up drive ability and Idle quality, and low speed torque and Throttle response.

These cars are geared Pretty High in 6th gear and we wanted to be able to cruise in 6th gear on the highway at normal speeds 60-70 mph.

With Bigger cams you would either have to maintain 85 mph or drop to 5th gear.

The Customers Goal for use is the Primary concern not the Dyno.

I select a cam that best fits the customer and we achieved his goals.

Ted.

KILLER74Z28 03-13-2010 08:25 AM

Nice... Car sounds awesome. I have a few questions:
  • What does this cam upgrade cost (cam parts only).
  • Is this the Comp Cam from the GM High Tech write up? (PART NO. 54-457-11)
  • Can you list all the part numbers you used?
  • What does it cost to have the cam ground on a single bolt core so you don't have to change out the gear?

Thanks...

Ltdodge 03-13-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 1584412)
There are a few Reasons, I was NOT going for the biggest power gain more along the lines of the best all around daily driver with Benefits.

There are bigger cams that make more PEAK power but will give up drive ability and Idle quality, and low speed torque and Throttle response.

These cars are geared Pretty High in 6th gear and we wanted to be able to cruise in 6th gear on the highway at normal speeds 60-70 mph.

With Bigger cams you would either have to maintain 85 mph or drop to 5th gear.

The Customers Goal for use is the Primary concern not the Dyno.

I select a cam that best fits the customer and we achieved his goals.

Ted.

well that's what i would be looking for in the future when i get a cam. I want daily driveability with a nice sound. will call you when i am ready for a cam. also PM me with the price of the cam and parts

COBRA CAMANDER 03-13-2010 08:38 AM

Lt, the car in the video is mine. It drives great in town and on the highway. You have to be carefull because it will break the tires loose at about 40 in second. City gas milage went down just a bit while high way went up about 5 miles per gallon vs what I was getting before the swap. I couldn't be any happier with the work that Ted and the boys at Jannetty Racing did on my car.

KILLER74Z28 03-13-2010 09:02 AM

Ted,

Another question I have is would this cam package work well with a super charger if some wanted to add one down the road? :iono:

JANNETTYRACING 03-13-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 1584493)
Ted,

Another question I have is would this cam package work well with a super charger if some wanted to add one down the road? :iono:

Yes that was one of the criteria.

JANNETTYRACING 03-13-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COBRA CAMANDER (Post 1584432)
Lt, the car in the video is mine. It drives great in town and on the highway. You have to be carefull because it will break the tires loose at about 40 in second. City gas milage went down just a bit while high way went up about 5 miles per gallon vs what I was getting before the swap. I couldn't be any happier with the work that Ted and the boys at Jannetty Racing did on my car.

Thanks for Chiming in.

Ready for that supercharger Yet? :D

Gotthat02fire 03-13-2010 10:00 AM

It's about time for Cobra Commander to get his supercharger,Chappy,and I need our cams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.This Camaro sounds awsome in person!!!

chappy48 03-13-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire (Post 1584660)
It's about time for Cobra Commander to get his supercharger,Chappy,and I need our cams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.This Camaro sounds awsome in person!!!

You read my mind!! I am so ready for a cam :headbang: Just need to find out which one best suits my needs. Do I go with a stall or no? Want to keep VVT, but AFM definitely needs to go. And definitely going to have to upgrade the fuel system. Hmmm...*checks bank account* almost there ;)

2010 SSRS 03-13-2010 11:12 AM

Wow, that sounds awesome.

Gotthat02fire 03-13-2010 11:19 AM

I think when mine goes back to Ted I'm getting the whole bottom end done and tranny upgrades...........and axles!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy48 (Post 1584776)
You read my mind!! I am so ready for a cam :headbang: Just need to find out which one best suits my needs. Do I go with a stall or no? Want to keep VVT, but AFM definitely needs to go. And definitely going to have to upgrade the fuel system. Hmmm...*checks bank account* almost there ;)

10aSSee D 03-13-2010 01:53 PM

Wow that sounds really good! Is this a blower cam or a cam that will work with a blower? Reason is I'm looking for a blower cam to go with my maggie that will be here in a week so this would work and be efficient on the maggie?