Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Testing the Next Generation Coil Overs (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61652)

Info@PeddersUSA.com 01-20-2010 12:33 AM

Testing the Next Generation Coil Overs

For several months, we have been testing the next generation Pedders coil overs. We have made multiple changes and now the Camaro set is ready for production, and they are absolute perfection after we have made all the fine tuning adjustments!

They have oversized remote reservoirs with dual adjustability. This makes it a great setup for both autocross and road racing guys and drag strip guys and guys who do both. Also when set up properly, they will offer a more comfortable, controlling ride for street play. We have also increased the monotube size from 46mm to a 52mm setup. We still had no issues running our massive 305s on all 4 wheels. The increase of fluid in the monotube will increase ride comfort and is also perfect for race setups.. Also one thing that is critical besides the range of adjustment is the actual sizes of the reserviors. They are huge for this size of vehicle.

We will be offering this serious upgrade to G8, GTO, Camaro, LX, Mustang, and a hole bunch of foreign car hot rods. No pricing is available yet.

Thanks
mike
dms

gotpball44 01-20-2010 12:45 AM

very nice!

D1BADZ 01-20-2010 10:49 AM

Makes me think quite a few 1st gen XA's will be in the for sale section one of these days.

Mr Twisty 01-20-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1BADZ (Post 1398624)
Makes me think quite a few 1st gen XA's will be in the for sale section one of these days.

..... maybe, but these are a bit more hard-core than the original coil-overs. The originals are perfect for dropping the car and having adjustability without bottoming-out. I wouldn't upgrade unless I spent ALOT of time at the track. Price point will come in to play as well.

Mike, are these detent adjustable also?

mtcwby 01-20-2010 03:53 PM

You need to edit the title of this thread. It says Coil Cover. I thought there was a new cover for the engine.

Info@PeddersUSA.com 01-20-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 1399255)
..... maybe, but these are a bit more hard-core than the original coil-overs. The originals are perfect for dropping the car and having adjustability without bottoming-out. I wouldn't upgrade unless I spent ALOT of time at the track. Price point will come in to play as well.

Mike, are these detent adjustable also?

Yes, both are detented! I am not at liberty to give more details than that. Please note that our Xas are absolutely killer, and I mean killer. Unless you are maybe going to get REALLLLLLLLY serious in the road racing or drag racing, and you are a trained SCCA or NASA driver, I would not swap. The Xas are that good!

As a note, we have been invited already to this year's Optima Challenge. So all other suspension companies will also be there. They all know what we can do and we will be better than last year. So this is a great way to make a comparison. I believe we will have 2 vehicles there actually. Cannot discuss the 2nd one yet so please do not fish for it! LOL

mike
dms

racer50200 01-21-2010 04:50 AM

Are these rebuildable?? They look sweet! :drool: Thanks!

Mr Twisty 01-21-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dms (Post 1400210)
Yes, both are detented! I am not at liberty to give more details than that. Please note that our Xas are absolutely killer, and I mean killer. Unless you are maybe going to get REALLLLLLLLY serious in the road racing or drag racing, and you are a trained SCCA or NASA driver, I would not swap. The Xas are that good!

As a note, we have been invited already to this year's Optima Challenge. So all other suspension companies will also be there. They all know what we can do and we will be better than last year. So this is a great way to make a comparison. I believe we will have 2 vehicles there actually. Cannot discuss the 2nd one yet so please do not fish for it! LOL

mike
dms

"Please"? ... :laugh:
OK, I'll play nice, for now. :D
Sounds like dual adj. is about to go from 'close enough' to 'spot on' :thumbsup:

D1BADZ 01-21-2010 10:43 AM

The question is will you still produce and stock the 1st gen Xa's? or Let those die out and replace with these?

Info@PeddersUSA.com 01-21-2010 11:58 AM

We will still sell the Xas. These new units will be overkill for a lot of vehicles. Our Xas are track proven, and near perfection. This is just part of the expanding product line for Pedders and our desire to fill needs in the performance communities. so Xas will not be going away.

They are rebuildable.

thanks
mike
dms