Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   About to take my SS in for the 4th time same problem (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282372)

Uggss 03-12-2013 02:40 AM

About to take my SS in for the 4th time same problem

Okay so I bought my car 11 months ago new on the lot and I have had It in for an ongoing problem with something in the rear end. What is happening is I get this grinding sound when I make turns(almost sounds like a tire rubbing the wheel well).

I have had it in the shop like 3 or 4 times now for this same problem and now I am about to take it in again. Gm knows of the problem because the service guys told me they had a notice about it and all they were to do was change the fluid and run it it drive for an hour to work the oil in.

With all the service time my car has been in the shop ally has gotten a free month payment from me and it's starting to get old real fast.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Oh I forgot I have a l99 A6

CHMSC 03-12-2013 02:44 AM

Check your states lemon laws and BBB could also assist you. First try contacting GM customer service.

Uggss 03-12-2013 02:47 AM

I have had GM involved on another issue I had and all they really did was act as a go between with the dealer and I. I will try again.

COLT45 03-12-2013 03:11 AM

I have been going throught the same thing buddy. I finally raised enough hell that i got everything inside the rear end replaced. I will message you my contact info and i can fax you the sheet of what all they had to replace. Trust me it was not easy to get them to do it.

Twoblindsheep 03-12-2013 03:50 AM

i had the same problem.. when you turn at a slow speed it will make this grinding notice from the rear.. i took it to a local dealership and they replaced some bolts and some other part under warranty.. took them 2 days but its all good now! now i can take slow turns and not have that nasty sound... ill have to look at the service sheet to see what parts they replaced..
oh btw the both me and my buddy took it in at the same time since we had the same problems.

biggerisbetter 03-12-2013 05:49 AM

sounds like the perfect time to change gear ratios haha just kidding sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. i would be pissed if mine had to keep going to the shop like that. let us know what they say

avt12882 03-12-2013 05:53 AM

i just took my in yesterday for the same reason. i have had the car since since 6/09 and have only 6200 miles on it but my rear sounds like it has 100k. ill let you know how i make out.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 03-12-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uggss (Post 6275552)
Okay so I bought my car 11 months ago new on the lot and I have had It in for an ongoing problem with something in the rear end. What is happening is I get this grinding sound when I make turns(almost sounds like a tire rubbing the wheel well).

I have had it in the shop like 3 or 4 times now for this same problem and now I am about to take it in again. Gm knows of the problem because the service guys told me they had a notice about it and all they were to do was change the fluid and run it it drive for an hour to work the oil in.

With all the service time my car has been in the shop ally has gotten a free month payment from me and it's starting to get old real fast.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Oh I forgot I have a l99 A6

We apologize for the frustrations. Is your vehicle currently in service for repairs? Also, have you opened a case with GM Customer Service?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

CHMSC 03-12-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uggss (Post 6275564)
I have had GM involved on another issue I had and all they really did was act as a go between with the dealer and I. I will try again.

I know they are not much help but before you move to the next step you have to do that first.

Overclock 03-12-2013 09:25 AM

Just FYI:
REASONABLE NUMBER OF REPAIR ATTEMPTS
The Michigan lemon law requires that the vehicle was subjected to a reasonable number
of repair attempts as determined by the section describing the presumption. A
reasonable number of repair attempts is established if either of the following occurs:
1. The same defect or condition that
substantially impairs the use or value of the
motor vehicle to the consumer has been subject to repair four or more times by
the manufacturer or new motor vehicle dealer in Michigan within two years of the

date of the first repair attempt, and the defect or condition continues to exist

Taken from: http://www.bbb.org/us/Storage/16/Doc...-LLsummary.pdf

Uggss 03-12-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6275898)
We apologize for the frustrations. Is your vehicle currently in service for repairs? Also, have you opened a case with GM Customer Service?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

No, it's not . And no, I just took my car out of storage and had a service repair done just prior to putting it into storage. I was wanting to drive it and see if the last service attempt worked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SC2150 03-12-2013 11:55 AM

The issue is not the lube or friction modifier...they should know from the TSB;s it is a bearing retaining washer and the bolts as one poster described above. Very common and easy fix.....cant understand service departments staffed by the untrained. All they have to do is look it up by the symptom and vehicle. Crazy.

FaytalsCamaro 03-12-2013 12:26 PM

Hmm just recently i have been hearing a grinding like noise from my car when going in reverse and have the wheel turned. But on mine it sounds like its comeing from the front unless im hearing wrong. Think mine is the same problem by any chance?

FaytalsCamaro 03-12-2013 12:27 PM

It almost sounds like a rock scraping against cement but just for a split second and only at a very low speeds