Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   LSA ( what parts are needed ) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380860)

chevy 3 10-12-2014 06:36 PM

LSA ( what parts are needed )

So just saying that if I wanted and I know there are other better setups. What would be needed to put this on my 1le? SS comes with zl1 fuel pump but would the fuel rails be big enough and injectors?

Schluney 10-12-2014 11:31 PM

Not sure on fuel rail but you would need new injectors

Spoolin 10-13-2014 03:01 PM

You gonna buy an LSA motor and drop it in? Would be cheaper to just buy a ZL1.

Mikes fast ss 10-13-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy 3 (Post 8004950)
So just saying that if I wanted and I know there are other better setups. What would be needed to put this on my 1le? SS comes with zl1 fuel pump but would the fuel rails be big enough and injectors?

Uses a completely different accessory drive. Not worth it imho.

SilverSS1LE 10-13-2014 05:57 PM

If you got the money to buy an LSA motor, you could spend your money a lot wiser and have a nice setup!

damian559 10-13-2014 06:23 PM

Why? You could do a lot more with your money.

VOGGS-LS3-1LE 10-13-2014 07:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy 3 (Post 8004950)

I have a zl1 supercharger if any one is interested, pm me.

davidcroft 10-14-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSS1LE (Post 8006885)
If you got the money to buy an LSA motor, you could spend your money a lot wiser and have a nice setup!

Just the blower, lid, injectors, pulley/acc belt drive, water pump and a/c compressor. You don't need the whole motor. If you keep the boost low...we all know the LS3 hangs on a good while. Total of all GM parts is about $4500. Most shops would charge about $1200-$1500 install with another $500ish to tune. Some blower kits alone are $8000.

Is it the best in terms of making big power? Def not, but it is very cost effective!:thumbsup:

SilverSS1LE 10-14-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcroft (Post 8007797)
Just the blower, lid, injectors, pulley/acc belt drive, water pump and a/c compressor. You don't need the whole motor. If you keep the boost low...we all know the LS3 hangs on a good while. Total of all GM parts is about $4500. Most shops would charge about $1200-$1500 install with another $500ish to tune. Some blower kits alone are $8000.

Is it the best in terms of making big power? Def not, but it is very cost effective!:thumbsup:

OP said LSA, that doesn't mean just the blower and accessory drive. Or it would be called an ls3 with a blower. What makes an LSA special is the motor. And you can get great blower tuner kits around 5500. And install it yourself. A lot of the aftermarket blowers have way lower IAT's than stock blowers which means more efficient and less stress. And then have to worry about all the zl1 and cts-v blowers that are failing and having to get replaced or warranty work.

But OP if your looking to save your .02 there's plenty other blowers you can find used with very low miles and pick the complete kit up, injectors and all for around $4500. Not saying the blower for the LSA is a bad blower cause it's not and will support great power, but just do your research before you decide to pull the trigger. There's a lot of great information on here about the swap your wanting to do.

TxBandit911 10-14-2014 12:36 PM

I'm pretty sure the OP means the LSA blower, considering he asked about fuel rails and injectors.....

With that being said, doesn't Chevy performance parts have a LSA blower kit for the LS3?

chevy 3 10-14-2014 05:48 PM

Sorry for the confusion but I was hoping for just the blower. Just would like to see what it would take to put this on my ls3.
I've been seeing more of them for sale as the years move on. Kinda would be cool to have Chevy stuff.

davidcroft 10-17-2014 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSS1LE (Post 8007872)
And then have to worry about all the zl1 and cts-v blowers that are failing and having to get replaced or warranty work.

It's the isolator coupler in the snout that's failing. Swap the pulley and install a solid isolator coupler and you're good to go. The blower itself is fine.

The 8grand I was referring to was maggies and whipples, the other roots style blowers. The centrifugal blowers are considerably less, but they don't quite have that instant tq snap I'm looking for. Those stack boost on ya more like a Turbo.

There are a lot of different ways to skin a cat and everyone has their preferences. Hell the cheapest way to add 100 HP is spray...but then there's those pesky bottle refills, etc.

O.P. I say go for it...but I am biased because I'm about 85% done with gathering all the parts needed for my LSA blower install:thumb:

chevy 3 10-17-2014 06:37 AM

Thanks Dave. I'm on it!!
I wish you luck on your build.

WHAMMO 10-17-2014 11:11 AM

Most supercharger kits are over 7-8K $. I think the LSA is a hell of a deal.