Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   #4768 - Delivered and Made Ready the Right Way! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26594)

hb-rocks 06-09-2009 06:20 PM

Most Dealerships.....pay some low-scale guy $7/hr to prep the cars....! You think he'll care?

Number_9 06-09-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNewSolstice (Post 568792)
and this should be sticky-ed this is how you do the dealer prep yourself....AWESOME!

I'd say +1 for awareness reasons alone. Most people just don't have a clue! Driving around for a few days sitting on plastic and with a dirty car was a small price to pay, to have my car properly "made ready". Not to mention everything I learned as a result.

This is my third new car... and by far the best looking paint job of them all as a result of the effort.

DkKnight_X 06-09-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstairs (Post 568788)
When I buy mine I will probably be in Make Ready doing it myself! However, I watched our guys do a V6 Victory Red today that came in on Rail, and surprisingly, they handled the car much in the matter that Todd did. I certainly appreciate the hard work they do back there after reading this post.

Going "overboard" was the wrong choice of wording. Now you say they brought the car in from the "Railyard." Now are these railyards affliliates of GM or just railyards that transport every and anything? If they are car specific,, do all of them have the capability of hosing down cars as they are loaded or unloaded? Appreciate all the answers. My dealer said I'm at 6000, but he thinks the car is stuck in a railyard somewhere. Hope it is alright.

Levicub 06-09-2009 06:34 PM

Congratulations, what a beauty !

Number_9 06-09-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DkKnight_X (Post 568839)
Going "overboard" was the wrong choice of wording. Now you say they brought the car in from the "Railyard." Now are these railyards affliliates of GM or just railyards that transport every and anything? If they are car specific,, do all of them have the capability of hosing down cars as they are loaded or unloaded? Appreciate all the answers. My dealer said I'm at 6000, but he thinks the car is stuck in a railyard somewhere. Hope it is alright.

They are freight trains that may have one or two railcars on them that have actual cars... but cars are not typically the only things the train is carrying. The rail yards, that I have seen anyway, are automobile specific but these are train yards that have trains driving through/stopping and being unloaded. These are rail yards being worked by rail yard workers. Graphite and brake dust abounds and I doubt seriously you'll ever see a step inserted here where cars are cleaned.

Congrat's on your status/event code!

super60 06-09-2009 06:37 PM

Number_9

LOOKS GREAT !! Just like the day it rolled off the line. Thank You for supporting GM and i wish you many happy years of driving excitement with that KICKASS IBM....

Best Regards

Super60 and your Oshawa Camaro Build Team. :thumbup:

TJ91 06-09-2009 06:39 PM

Congrats Number 9!
So all i have to do is a light low pressure rinse to get the rail dust off?

Number_9 06-09-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super60 (Post 568871)
Number_9

LOOKS GREAT !! Just like the day it rolled off the line. Thank You for supporting GM and i wish you many happy years of driving excitement with that KICKASS IBM....

Best Regards

Super60 and your Oshawa Camaro Build Team. :thumbup:

You guys built an incredible vehicle. Simply awesome. Thanks again Super60 - for everything.

Number_9 06-09-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ91 (Post 568878)
Congrats Number 9!
So all i have to do is a light low pressure rinse to get the rail dust off?

That loosened the dirt/rail dust... then he used light, straight, one direction strokes with soapy water and a soft sponge.... then lightly rinsed and clay barred. The clay bar is what really gets the the junk off, with the preceding steps breaking/loosening/removing the surface dirt.

Miketebo22 06-09-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number_9 (Post 568504)
WARNING: This is a very long post with LOTS of cool pictures (but totally worth the read!) Get your popcorn ready! :popcorn:

Awesome! now you can make you trip up here to SD and show me that car! haha. If you end up with any extra wax or anything, ill buy it off of you when you get here

TJ91 06-09-2009 06:48 PM

Thanks alot Number 9, you must be staring at it right now!

Number_9 06-09-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miketebo22 (Post 568908)
Awesome! now you can make you trip up here to SD and show me that car! haha. If you end up with any extra wax or anything, ill buy it off of you when you get here

:word: We are in Sioux Falls on 6/23 and Keystone on 6/24 & 6/25. We will be online/connected so PM me your contact info and I will drop you a note when we get into the area.

Miketebo22 06-09-2009 07:00 PM

sounds good, i get back into town on the 23rd, so perfect timing!

kdoske 06-09-2009 07:00 PM

Great post, I book marked it!