Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   #4768 - Delivered and Made Ready the Right Way! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26594)

camaroqueen 06-09-2009 07:05 PM

Very, very nice. Cool pics

got_ls3 06-09-2009 07:09 PM

Congratulations!

DkKnight_X 06-09-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number_9 (Post 568931)
:word: We are in Sioux Falls on 6/23 and Keystone on 6/24 & 6/25. We will be online/connected so PM me your contact info and I will drop you a note when we get into the area.

Thanks for taking the time out to answer my questions all!

pruettfan 06-09-2009 08:06 PM

Congrats and thanks for the pictures. You have the exact car that I am getting. Love the combination of colors and I really like the fact that IBM is not terribly common. In my opinion it is by far the best color you can get on this car.

Hawks 06-09-2009 08:16 PM

Congrats man and sharp lookin car!

sewwhut 06-09-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinergy (Post 568598)
And I thought I would be picky if I wiped my shoes on the grass before I drive off the dealer's lot..

yea and i thought about buying new sneakers to drive off the dealer's lot with

2SSRS@Gen5diy 06-09-2009 08:38 PM

Congrats you have good taste in cars and stripes, Have you put some Mi on the car?
I am at 1300 mi.

Number_9 06-09-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 569432)
Congrats you have good taste in cars and stripes, Have you put some Mi on the car?
I am at 1300 mi.

Some.. I will roll 500 miles tomorrow. I am doing my best to be good with her and break her in slow and easy. That said, I nailed 105mph today at somewhere around 5K RPM's.... but, not for an extended period of time, just for a 1/4 run down the frontage road near my house.

I am trying... hahahaha.

Matrix 06-09-2009 10:56 PM

An amazing writer up with AMAZING pics . Enjoy your car, you have waitred long enough.

Steve P 06-12-2009 05:38 PM

Number_9:

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to assist with the initial treatment of your new car last Sunday. Whether it's a new car or not, I treat every one of them like one of my own.

Sunday gave me a chance to show the process by example how to keep the surfaces looking their best over the long term. The clay bar played a pivotal role in every surface treatment that followed that day. After removing these surface contaminants, product application and removal went very smoothly. You could really see the metallic sparkle now. Now that the first treatment is done, regular surface maintenance follow-ups will be much quicker.

Feel free to contact me with questions about products or process used.

Dukeboy01 06-12-2009 06:43 PM

Nice story. I hope my purchase experience is memorable in the way yours was and not because of some dealer shenanigans at the end. We've got too many of those stories. We need more like yours.

OUR72GTO 06-12-2009 07:40 PM

I took the wife's Honda Coupe in for an oil change today to the HONDA dealer.. ( the car we are selling when the 2010 gets in the driveway)

Service rep says " did you just wash your car ?" I said " Yes ...why? He says " It smells like you shampooed the engine " I say..Yes I did.... NO NEED TO WASH THE CAR ...please indicate that on the work order. "DO NOT WASH IT".!

I wonder around for 20 minutes and come back just in time to see the car moved to the wash bay..... Some 16 YO with a bucket with sand in the bottom is about to wipe the car down.

This is why you never leave sight of your car while you place it in the hands of "the professionals."

I am NOW searching the net for the power wash closest to my selling dealer.

JewelZ 06-12-2009 07:55 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap:

Number_9, amazing story my friend. I read the whole thing and you gave it your all! I was teared at the end. I am very happy for you, take good care of her ,and I hope she does the same for you. What did you name her?

P.S. GET STEVE TO JOIN THE FORUM AND PLACE A STEP BY STEP DETAILED 'made ready' THREAD FOR ALL OF US TO GIVE TO OUR DEALERS!!!

P.S.S. hope you loaded all the pix online send us the link

yoda 06-12-2009 10:33 PM

I own a GMC Sierra Denali black paint, also an 84 533i BMW that I ordered parts from Bavarian Auto Works. This is where I learned about Clay bars and won't use anything else to clean the paint. The 3 year old Sierra doesn't have one swirl mark due to the anal wash technique!! Right on.