Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Finally pedderized. Now an interesting problem (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309696)

ackeight 07-27-2013 07:27 PM

Finally pedderized. Now an interesting problem

Took me twice as long as it should have, but I'm finally done with the xa coilovers, zl1 conversion sway bars, and a few bushings. I would take some pictures but.... I'm stuck in my garage. There is a hump to get down to the parking lot. I thought I would have clearance with the header clamps but I don't. It's not a super aggressive drop. 660mm. Time to pick up some 4x6's and build a ramp. I may get some pics up by tomorrow afternoon.

rockrau 07-27-2013 09:44 PM

:mad0259:

Denis 07-28-2013 01:09 PM

Haha. Not the worst problem to have. I mean its a problem but not as bad of an issue as I was expecting to read about lol

ackeight 07-28-2013 03:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Alright. I got it out the garage to take for a test drive and some pictures. Couldn't really hammer it because I notices some clunking from the rear end and lower speeds over small bumps. Higher speeds and larger jolts I couldn't hear it. I rechecked all bolts that attach to the lower control arm 2 times. I'm not really sure what could be making the noise. I suspected the drop links, but they are on there pretty tight. No play at all. I may need to head over to ADM and get my gears and sub frame bushing put on earlier than expected while they look at my mess that I did. :doh:

It looks great however. I have it set to 660MM. I didn't want to go too low.

Denis 07-28-2013 04:04 PM

Wow. Looks awesome.

rockrau 07-28-2013 04:35 PM

Welcome to the Pedders Nation!:thumbup:

JusticePete 07-29-2013 08:49 AM

If you'll be at the FEST we can trouble shoot the noise at Bruce Raymond's.

ackeight 07-29-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 6833392)
If you'll be at the FEST we can trouble shoot the noise at Bruce Raymond's.

I really wish I could. They need to have a fest in TX!

JusticePete 07-29-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackeight (Post 6833509)

Ok.

1. Double check all the bolts in the rear.
2. With the tighter suspension, exhaust noise can occur that wasn't present with the softer OE setup. Look for any possible points of conact and adjust as necessary.
3. Pull the rear struts and verify the assembly stack is in order.

Raptor3141 07-29-2013 10:20 AM

Did you remember to clock the bushings? I noticed the same type of clunking sounds in the way to the alignment shop. Completely cleared up after clocking.

ackeight 07-29-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor3141 (Post 6833731)
Did you remember to clock the bushings? I noticed the same type of clunking sounds in the way to the alignment shop. Completely cleared up after clocking.

I haven't got it aligned yet. I may do that, but I would hate for that not be it and have to disassemble just to have to realign.

jeremywes 07-29-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackeight (Post 6833509)

Tru dat!:drinking:

caverman 07-29-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ackeight (Post 6833811)
I haven't got it aligned yet. I may do that, but I would hate for that not be it and have to disassemble just to have to realign.

You shouldn't have to disassemble anything for the alignment. Hopefully you have some Pedders rear camber bolts though. They make a big difference in alignment for a lowered car. I was skeptical that they would really help at first but now that I have them and have had my car aligned I'm a believer.

You should still "time" your bushings. If you've done some the trailing arms along with your LCA then you've already done some of this but you will probably need to go in and do the front.

BTW: I use a guy up in Denton that does a pretty good job and he's cheap as well. Normally only $70 for an alignment. Last time I had him install my camber bolts as well and he only charged me another $20 ($90 out the door) and him almost got it perfect to the Pedders Aggressive Street specs. PM me if you want his info.

ackeight 07-29-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caverman (Post 6834910)
You shouldn't have to disassemble anything for the alignment. Hopefully you have some Pedders rear camber bolts though. They make a big difference in alignment for a lowered car. I was skeptical that they would really help at first but now that I have them and have had my car aligned I'm a believer.

You should still "time" your bushings. If you've done some the trailing arms along with your LCA then you've already done some of this but you will probably need to go in and do the front.

BTW: I use a guy up in Denton that does a pretty good job and he's cheap as well. Normally only $70 for an alignment. Last time I had him install my camber bolts as well and he only charged me another $20 ($90 out the door) and him almost got it perfect to the Pedders Aggressive Street specs. PM me if you want his info.

I do have the camber bolts. This sound is metal to metal like. I may time the lca bushing and lower strut bushing tomorrow. That's about all I can get to before an alignment.