Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New set 2009 Camaro spyshots from Sweden winter wonderland (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2999)

Tran 02-26-2008 08:39 AM

New set 2009 Camaro spyshots from Sweden winter wonderland

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 3858

Attachment 3854

Attachment 3855

Attachment 3856

Attachment 3857

Max Power 02-26-2008 08:46 AM

Great Stuff

djthecop 02-26-2008 08:52 AM

:drool:

Jak 02-26-2008 08:55 AM

Damn, I love that car:headbang: . I just wish they'd take the tape off the back side windows, I'd like to see how the B-piller's gonna look like. And looking at the tires on that bad boy, there shouldn't be any problem running the Camaro in the winter . . . . not that I ever will, but for those that have to I don't think they'll have any problems.

mega_man_01103 02-26-2008 09:08 AM

i feel like the pictures that are coming out are digressing (sp?).
we have seen pictures without the camo and now we are back to camo. Nothing agaist the car, hell, any pic is a good pic but im just saying.

Is that a trailer hitch in the back??????? NOBODY better haul anything using this car, even if you can.

besides that, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

we are already in march peoples!!!!!!!!!!

also, i cant tell, but does it still have a reverse mohawk?

GothamCamaro 02-26-2008 09:09 AM

It's just makes me smile everytime I see a new photo of the Camaro, even if it's partially in camo... still!

Those tires will definately help out when winter is suppose to be over but it's still snowing and I can't leave my beast chained to the garage any longer. :thumbup:

Gunner KS1 02-26-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega_man_01103 (Post 47449)
i feel like the pictures that are coming out are digressing (sp?).

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt the pictures are coming out chronologically. IMO these where taken before the order was given to take the camo off. That said I beleive that the pictures taken in Michigan are the newest and there you can clearly see the reverse mowhawk.:thumbup:

Bowtie Guy Z28 02-26-2008 09:41 AM

:thumbup: Lookin good! And driving good in the snow too!:)

Redfox217 02-26-2008 09:44 AM

anyone notice the slotted rotors on the rear :)

bigralph 02-26-2008 09:56 AM

I LOVE IT!!!! but I hate the big mufler in the back.

JimLE#1301 02-26-2008 09:56 AM

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

eR1c 02-26-2008 09:57 AM

the damn headlights... I think these are the final (sadly). It just doesn't look as mean w/ those wimpy eyes in front. My other worry is the final price, I hope they don't try to sell this for $40k.

fbodfather 02-26-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eR1c (Post 47463)
the damn headlights... I think these are the final (sadly). It just doesn't look as mean w/ those wimpy eyes in front. My other worry is the final price, I hope they don't try to sell this for $40k.

REPEAT AFTER ME:

"......they are NOT the real headlights.........."

:paddle: :paddle: :paddle:

GameOver620 02-26-2008 10:03 AM

I think I need a rag to clean my drool. It is starting to look really mean and are those 20's it's sitting on?

TheMadHatter99 02-26-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 47464)
REPEAT AFTER ME:

Ever just feel like a broken record?

We should change the banner at the top of every page from "Camaro5" to "Those are not the real headlights"

shibbychevy15 02-26-2008 10:05 AM

everytime there are new photos i get more and more pumped!!!:drool: seeing the winter test makes me happy too cuz i'm one of those that may unfortunately have to drive it year roud.

Cheers!!:drinking:

TheMadHatter99 02-26-2008 10:06 AM

In other news though, I'm loving the dual exhaust and the wheels. I can't wait to see a black one with a chromed (or at least silver) grille, and its side profile is absolutely amazing.

As for the trailer hitch thing, I'd imagine it has something to do with the testing. Maybe they had to haul something or attach some sensor or do something to throw its center of mass off. I doubt a trailer hitch would come standard.

radz28 02-26-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djthecop (Post 47447)
:drool:

Yes. My pants are tight. :sm0:

Those brakes looks SWEET!!! I hope they make it to product! :happyanim: :thumbup: :drool: :bow: :clap: :drinking: :thumbsup: :confused0068:

radz28 02-26-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

REPEAT AFTER ME:

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

How many times are you going to make him post this?... For the love of God!!! :mad0260: :search: :bonk:

radz28 02-26-2008 10:15 AM

Father,

How much will our new car tow? LOL!

coolcamaroZ28 02-26-2008 10:19 AM

Don't get me wrong, I love this car and will be getting one regardless of what it looks like (let's face it, guys, there are things I don't like about the styling of both my 3rd and 4th gen, but those details pale in comparison to the sum of all parts). Now with that disclaimer out of the way, that first pic looks a lot like the Charger (not Challenger, the 4 door) to me with all those lights crammed in that grille. I know Scott, you've said that the lights aren't final, but don't they need to test those sometime? My only guess is that they are going to be part of the final reveal, but if that's the case and the purists want what we saw on the concept, then it would make sense that we would have seen them already. Clearly the entire car couldn't be engineered in it's entirety minus the headlights, which makes me (and I'm sure others) wonder (not that I don't believe you, Scott), what the real story could be, and if Scott is allowed to tell it!

fbodfather 02-26-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 (Post 47466)
Ever just feel like a broken record?

We should change the banner at the top of every page from "Camaro5" to "Those are not the real headlights"

Oh trust me -- I feel like a broken record all of the time these days!!!

(and I love that paddle ICON.......)

CaptianSam 02-26-2008 10:27 AM

HEY!!!!! whats up with those lights.... lol jokes lol they do look bad though

anybody have wheel base and over all dimensions???????

bouncertime 02-26-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibbychevy15 (Post 47467)
everytime there are new photos i get more and more pumped!!!:drool: seeing the winter test makes me happy too cuz i'm one of those that may unfortunately have to drive it year roud.

Cheers!!:drinking:

Atleast you won't have to worry about salt, they don't use salt in Oak Harbor when it snows.

balonywolf 02-26-2008 10:32 AM

Hey mods, there should probably be something in the registration process to force new users acknowledge the temporary status of the headlamps. It sure would save Scott some time.

:sm0:

69copo 02-26-2008 10:34 AM

It does look like the reverse mohawk is still there. I was wondering the same thing about the lights. Are we ever going to see a test of the production headlights? I am curious about one thing that looks different, in a couple of the pics just beyond the b-pilar there seems to be a rather long extension that goes beyond the rear window. Is this just the camo or have I been missing something? The slotted rotors are a nice touch on the back, I hope to see them on the front as well. That wheel and tire combo tuck very nicely into the fender wells. I would like to see the mufflers tucked up a little more, they seem to be hanging rather low. Great find and PLEASE keep them comming.

ChevyMSU35 02-26-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mega_man_01103 (Post 47449)

Maybe it's just me, but the 3rd and 4th pictures make it look like this one has a sunroof rather than an inverse mohawk.

Gatecrasher 02-26-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

I know Scott, you've said that the lights aren't final, but don't they need to test those sometime?
Those will probably be in the next batch of cars. The manufacturing validation cars. These are just rough engineering cars to test systems. Not the assembly of final parts.

Quote:

It does look like the reverse mohawk is still there.
It looks like the cars equipped with a sunroof lose the reverse mohawk.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1199718648

The solid roof cars keep the mohawk.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...8&d=1202851328

Quote:

in a couple of the pics just beyond the b-pilar there seems to be a rather long extension that goes beyond the rear window.
Yeah...it's just camo.

Kamaro223 02-26-2008 11:01 AM

Headlights

2 Attachment(s)
Why can't they just get the headlights right

GothamCamaro 02-26-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 47475)

Is there a way when a new person is registering to the site to read a disclaimer about the headlights?!?! I don't get it, when I was new I read as much of forum before asking questions. You can't really get too far without seeing something about those darn headlights!

Just wait fbodfather, once the correct headlights are in, it'll be something else. :mad0259:

fredl11 02-26-2008 11:03 AM

What Option

do you think will be the trailer hitch?? :)

Remeber: "NOT the final headlamps"..........

:coolpics: :coolpics:

Jak 02-26-2008 11:06 AM

Think I waited the right time to buy my first Camaro, this car looks freaking awsome. From what you can see on the pics you guys did an fantastic job on this car:clap: :clap:

Now, those aren't going to be the production headlights are they?................ Just kidding(Diving out of the room):sm0:

69copo 02-26-2008 11:12 AM

I tought that was the just the camo but I wanted to be sure. Are those the headlights that are going to be the production model. (Running out the room ducking for cover)

Sweeper 02-26-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

REPEAT AFTER ME:

need to print this on every page in red and change the website name to
http://www.camaro5_these_are_NOT_the...headlights.com

:readthethread: some one change the message on this sign to "Not the real headlights" please.

Sweep

Kamaro223 02-26-2008 11:33 AM

I'm sorry. I am not on this thing 24/7 and I don't read every single post that is written and then document how many times a certain subject has been mentioned. However, if I do recall, there are folks that go nuts everytime they see where the gas cap is. And actually, I could give a damn where the gas cap is, but the headlights and front end better seduce me.

SilverTurtle 02-26-2008 11:40 AM

I'm loving it... and I'm also impressed that this thread went more than a hour before someone started talking about the headlights... I believe that's a record... lol

johns07sierra 02-26-2008 12:03 PM

Hey fbodfather is there any chance that we might see something close to the finished camaro cruising Woodward Ave. in Rochester when the dream cruise happens????

Mindz 02-26-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweeper (Post 47496)
need to print this on every page in red and change the website name to
http://www.camaro5_these_are_NOT_the...headlights.com

:readthethread: some one change the message on this sign to "Not the real headlights" please.

Sweep

Tran, how about just keep the Camaro5 the way it is and change North American Chevrolet Camaro Fans to Camaro5 - Where headlights are not production...or Where headlights come from Autozone...

kunkelz28 02-26-2008 12:08 PM

They piss me off more every day, first they make the mirrors bigger, then they add a B pillar, then they tell everyone its gonna be a 2010 model and not an 09, then the gas cap gets moved, then they mess with the headlights, and where did that cowl hood go?? before we know it its gonna have a ford badge on it

Gunner KS1 02-26-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 47475)

In the last 2 months I count atleast 3 times Scott has mentioned the headlights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 37194)
2. Some of the parts you see aren't even close to what you'll see on the production Camaro. For instance -- if you were to suddenly see a Camaro without the front bra in place -- you'd see some 'horrible' headlamps. There's a good reason for that...the production lamps are not ready - -and as a result - many of the mules have what I call....
" ..hey Joe - go run down to the local autoparts store and grab us a buncha headlamps and then go hot-glue 'em in place on those Camaro mules over there!!!!".........headlamps.............

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 45127)
Forget the headlights -- again -- autozone -

Quote:

REPEAT AFTER ME:

and we also need a way to weed out the trolls like the poster above me