Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   FIRST Camaro Wide Body in Texas in carbon fiber finish (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181080)

MUSCLEIT 12-11-2011 06:47 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

AngelSpeedFreak 12-11-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUSCLEIT (Post 4148366)
!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

:word:

402 Motoring 12-12-2011 10:34 AM

Seriously?????...the shop building the car is using brass to weld on the quarter panel? I can't believe no one here has caught that?

Hennesseyrgv 12-12-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 402 Motoring (Post 4152339)
Seriously?????...the shop building the car is using brass to weld on the quarter panel? I can't believe no one here has caught that?

And your point!!!!
I dont think you know your metals, we went with bronze because its a type of metal that u can bend(flex) without breaking. And not mentioning anti rust to out it in simple terms for you.

vroomapunk 12-12-2011 02:47 PM

This is getting ridiculous, whats taking so long and where are the pictures!?
:popcorn:

Hennesseyrgv 12-12-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 4153571)
This is getting ridiculous, whats taking so long and where are the pictures!?
:popcorn:

The day I decided to go with this project, I tought about it alot ,because I knew it was a big commitment. I knew I wasnt going to have my car for some months.
Trust me ,I feel it too. I know its been long of await already but I like for my projects to be perfect. And on top of that , its not your tipical small project and everyone would have a wide body camaro. But as soon as I get new pics , I will post them , I.will try to post some later today.

dermo1989 12-12-2011 03:45 PM

Can't wait to see it done. Carbon Fiber is so sweet on this vehicle.

Demon Hunter 12-12-2011 04:00 PM

It's looking real good. Just out of curiosity, Why didn't you just order the Rear fenders from the ED wide body kit instead of going through all of that? Just curious. It looks like it's going to come out pretty awesome regardless.

Hennesseyrgv 12-12-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon Hunter (Post 4153969)
It's looking real good. Just out of curiosity, Why didn't you just order the Rear fenders from the ED wide body kit instead of going through all of that? Just curious. It looks like it's going to come out pretty awesome regardless.

Reason been , I wanted some thing unique and hard for others to copy, more like a concept product that its not for sale on the internet.

Gotthat02fire 12-12-2011 04:22 PM

Man you have lost your mind but it fun to watch love the Camaro and this project is sweet nice work keep it up!!!

402 Motoring 12-13-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hennesseyrgv (Post 4153256)
And your point!!!!
I dont think you know your metals, we went with brass because its a type of metal that u can bend(flex) without breaking. And not mentioning anti rust to out it in simple terms for you.

Well thanks for putting it in simple terms for me. I guess I don't know much despite being in the body business for 36 years and having built a wide body before, but if you think they're doing a great job for you, then I guess thats all that matters.

BigBlock427 12-13-2011 11:08 AM

well...

"One of the biggest drawbacks to brazing sheet metal autobody panels is that neither paint nor plastic auto body filler stick to brass very well, and over the years I have seen countless brazed repairs that have failed because of cracks in paint or plastic applied over them."

now you could have went with bronze... however... it is not as strong...

"When welding steel panels with bronze rod, this problem is eliminated, since both paint and plastic filler bond to bronze very well. Bronze has only about half the tensile strength of steel, so I wouldn't recommend using it as an all-purpose replacement for steel filler rod, but for non-structural repairs it can offer some real benefits. On older cars, especially those made in the pre-unibody days, virtually all of the panels are non-structural. On newer cars, some panels are structural, so be sure you know how the panel is utilized before you decide to use bronze rod for a repair. Bronze filler rod sticks very well to steel, but on sheet metal panels, I would prefer an overlapped joint over a butt joint, due to the lower tensile strength of the bronze."

the above is from the Metalshapers Association. Just some food for thought! Cool project good luck!

Brass also helps keep the heat down to help fight warping

Hennesseyrgv 12-13-2011 03:56 PM

Ohh my bad we used 24k gold rods to weld. LOL j/k :sm0:

BigBlock427 12-14-2011 08:20 AM

^ haha should have just casted the whole rear out of gold... would have gone nice with the carbon and the extra weight would have helped with traction...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.