Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Aggravating Diablosport predator problems (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55492)

BlownSS 12-07-2009 12:47 PM

Aggravating Diablosport predator problems

got mine a month ago but the car just got here this weekend.....What a pain in the A$$ to install.....def not like the easy instructions!!! I have an ls3 and it initially said that it didnt recognize the car.......20 minutes on hold with Diablo says that I need to install an update...but first need to download the DS installer to do it......finally get it all hooked up again and it wont load.....apparently you need to select autoconnect in the options unless you know how to set your comm ports? this call only took ten minutes on hold. Now i download the new crom and it says that its loaded. Go down to the car for the umteenth time and plug it in and now it says something about an incorrect calibration? I am sick and tired of this machine all ready.....so much for foolproof and Plug-n play!:mad0260::mad0260::mad0260::mad0260::mad0260: :mad0260::mad0260:

after spending about 3 hours trying to get this thing installed..... I sent them my factory tune and asked them how long before i got the tune back.....Here was my answer! Are they serious........sending out a product that doesnt even work without a new tune and more waiting?

" I don’t have a time frame on when the new update will be released. Shouldn’t be long at all. At this point, go ahead and restore the original backup to the vehicle and we'll try to add support for it as soon as possible.

Vas @ Diablo"

Verio 12-07-2009 12:52 PM

I hate to say it, but it's a computer. Think of it like this....

You buy a Windows XP Operating System. You don't install it for a month. Guess what, Microsoft came out with a bunch of updates in the last month, and you need to update before you use the OS.

GM probably came out with a new version of the ECM or something since your Diablosport was programmed.

BlownSS 12-07-2009 12:58 PM

the latest update that i downloaded from Diablosport is only 4 days old!

caverman 12-07-2009 12:59 PM

Who did you order the Diablo from?

If it was someone like Janetty Racing then call them to have them help out. You might even call Janetty anyway, pay for a custom tune from him, and he can not only help you out but maybe get you a better tune than the one that comes with the Diablo.

2010 SSRS 12-07-2009 01:01 PM

I'm glad I read this, I was thinking about buying a Diablo

BackinBlackSS/RS 12-07-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 1257393)

Don't let one bad experience sour you on this product. Short of a full blown
tuning suite like HP Tuners, this is the next best way to go.

caverman 12-07-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 1257393)

If you're considering the Diablo then I would get it from someone like Janetty Racing. You might pay a little more up front (not a whole lot more) but you'll get better customer service with it. He can also hook you up with a custom tune that he can email to you.

Just keep researching until you feel comfotable that the Diablo is for you.

BlownSS 12-07-2009 01:12 PM

I called them again and they are sending me something to see if it works....if it doesnt....Im sending it back.

caverman 12-07-2009 01:13 PM

Here is a prime example:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55342

Who did you call? Diablo?

BlownSS 12-07-2009 01:16 PM

I sure as heck am not going to pay for a custom tune when the ones that come with it wont even load! Here was their answer!

BlownSS 12-07-2009 02:20 PM

i sent them my factory tune and asked how long (thinking it would be today) till i got a tune that i can use and here is their response.

"I don’t have a time frame on when the new update will be released. Shouldn’t be long at all. At this point, go ahead and restore the original backup to the vehicle and we'll try to add support for it as soon as possible.

Vas @ Diablo

Steve@Vectormotorsports 12-07-2009 02:26 PM

billyjk7, pm sent

Mike@DS 12-07-2009 02:28 PM

Guys, sometimes GM releases new calibrations, and when they do, we don't exactly get a courtesy call, ya know?

We have made several updates to the U7194 in the past several weeks alone, simply to add support for new GM calibrations.

I dont think there has been a new Camaro customer that has had to wait much more than 1 week to get an update, usually faster than that.

With the countless number of factory calibrations we support, it is not always going to be easy as 1,2,3, but we will do our best to get you up and running asap.

This case is odd, as I was not aware of any unsupported calibrations, but I'm sure we'll be able to get it added as long as we have a copy of your stock file.

Thanks
Mike

BlownSS 12-07-2009 02:30 PM

i sent your folks a copy of the stock tune.