Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   A Review of RX Performance (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305700)

butters 07-04-2013 11:11 AM

A Review of RX Performance

I won't get into everything that happened. Anyone that has been following my Build Thread know the details. But here's a brief summary:

January 21: Payment Sent

March 6: Car is picked up

March 28: First pictures are posted

April 26: Cancel flight to Tampa

May 14: Fly down to pick up car

May 18: Fly back without car (travel cost: $687.04)

May 31: Trifecta finishes tune

June 11: Final logs on the dyno

June 21: Knock sensor issue

June 26: Called the shop, no answer

June 28: Called the shop, no answer

June 29: Knock sensor issue

July 1: Called the shop, no answer

July 3: Car sent to FSP

If you jump to Page 9 of my thread, you will see the audit of my car that Matt@FSP did. The pictures are not flattering.

There's a growing number of us that have had our share of troubles with this shop. We talk on a regular basis. I would say I got off easy compared to what others had experienced.

For those thinking of going forced induction, do your research first. Read vendor reviews and build threads. PM members on here, ask them about their specific experiences. Had I done this first, I would have chosen a much different route.

PM me if you have any specific questions. Thanks for reading.

V6owner 07-04-2013 11:18 AM

You are in excellent hands now with Matt@FSP!

Supercharged SS 07-04-2013 11:19 AM

The worst part you're not the only one. I've heard this so many times.

Matt will fix you up. Like had has been with all the rest!!

mikeyg36 07-04-2013 11:21 AM

Matt will help you out since he actually understands customer service.

nyrfan 07-04-2013 11:24 AM

FSP FTW!

Sent from my 2SS/RS

BaylorCamaro 07-04-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6750592)
The worst part you're not the only one. I've heard this so many times.

Yup.... but like others said Matt is great and you are in great hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

UF4LIFE102SS 07-04-2013 11:28 AM

Sorry to here I was wondering if the build turn out alright. I guess it FAILED! U will get it done right this time! Now :pop2::popcorn:.

KMPrenger 07-04-2013 01:02 PM

Bad part is, there are (...were) members here like Mr. Good, and SIXJAK that also had a horrible experience with their ventures into forced induction with RX. Both of them removed the kit and went with another company due to all the issues.

They posted up their thoughts in much more detail, and ended up being banned from this forum because of it. These guys have incredible builds and are good guys who could have contributed so much to this community, and now they are not allowed to post here. They were just upset b/c of the problems (as anyone would be). I wish we could get their accounts reinstated b/c now we have more and more proof that what they were telling us is all true.

Thanks for posting.

family man 07-04-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6750898)
Bad part is, there are (...were) members here like Mr. Good, and SIXJAK that also had a horrible experience with their ventures into forced induction with RX. Both of them removed the kit and went with another company due to all the issues.

They posted up their thoughts in much more detail, and ended up being banned from this forum because of it.

When you look at it from a pure business viewpoint, of course the users got banned and not the vendor. :rolleyes: Why ban a vendor when they pay $$'s to be on here. We'll see how long RX is banned for, hopefully they never return.:frusty:

Nutbutt 07-04-2013 02:08 PM

Even something as simple as the RX catch can has been suspect for quite a while. The internal baffling is good but the check valves are very cheap and have caused multiple problems. I have had one on my 2010 coupe and removed it. I never bitched just learned a lesson and moved on and researched all mods from then on. Well I hope things change at RX, they have invested significant money in their products it just seems they cheap out in the end.

GbrilliantQ 07-04-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by family man (Post 6751007)
When you look at it from a pure business viewpoint, of course the users got banned and not the vendor. :rolleyes: Why ban a vendor when they pay $$'s to be on here. We'll see how long RX is banned for, hopefully they never return.:frusty:

He will be back on the 10th. :)

From my Note

SGOS252382 07-04-2013 03:59 PM

RX Performance - formally knows as Rev Extreme. Do a search and you can find out some serious stuff went down with them in the past.

Scott@Bjorn3D 07-04-2013 03:59 PM

To tell the truth their are only two shops on this site that I would trust with my car. Ted Jannetty at Jannety Racing or Andy at ADM Performance

family man 07-04-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ (Post 6751358)
He will be back on the 10th. :)

From my Note

Good. I'd like to see his explanations. And then maybe by then you'll get off your knees.:sm0: