Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone willing to share a GM Employee Code - Will be ordering one in several weeks (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30686)

pglover19 07-03-2009 11:19 AM

Anyone willing to share a GM Employee Code - Will be ordering one in several weeks

Is there anyone willing to share a GM Employee code? I will be ordering a 2LT with the RS package, automatic, and sunroof for my wife's birthday in several weeks.. My dealer is willing to accept GMS discounts... Send me a Private Message....

PLEASE HELP......

ShnOmac 07-03-2009 11:21 AM

I may be crazy but I dont think anyone is going to chance losing their discount for life.......sorry

mikenmar 07-03-2009 11:34 AM

I think this would probably be fraud.

The Viz 07-03-2009 11:41 AM

that program is long over. Last month they did have a GMS for friends conquest. If they had a friend that didn't own a GM vehicle they could give out a code, but I believe that is over.

pck823 07-03-2009 12:17 PM

Yup...I was one of the lucky ones that received a "conquest sale" GMS code through my old boss at GM, but that program ended at the end of June.

GM does this all the time, so be nice to your GM-employed friends - they might be able to help you out!

Fogey 07-03-2009 01:01 PM

I'm a retired GM Employee

When I go to the website, I don't see the Camaro being sold at employee or retired employee prices?

The Viz 07-03-2009 01:06 PM

it is eligible, but most dealers will not sell it at GMS 'cause the margin, even though it is terrible, is better than the 2% of net net net they get paid on the GMS purchase

Fogey 07-03-2009 01:15 PM

I was wrong

I found it on the employee website. Just missed it first time. It kind of incentivises me to put off ordering one for a bit as dealers may deal if sales drops off a little.

ahart04 07-03-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogey (Post 645833)
I found it on the employee website. Just missed it first time. It kind of incentivises me to put off ordering one for a bit as dealers may deal if sales drops off a little.

sales aren't droppin off....they will go up before they slow..

Number 3 07-03-2009 01:24 PM

Supplier discount is available for friends. When I checked for prices, though, nothing comes up.

Each non-executive can do one per month.

Vash 07-03-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahart04 (Post 645840)
sales aren't droppin off....they will go up before they slow..

I'll agree that as word spreads more will buy. But it won't be an insane amount. Strong but not crazy. The economic factors in comsumer confidence is dropping. Which means people hold on to old POS's longer.

And with 200+ used on the market at any given time that number will rise to 500-1000 by the end of the year.

dstairs 07-03-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the viz (Post 645796)
it is eligible, but most dealers will not sell it at GMS 'cause the margin, even though it is terrible, is better than the 2% of net net net they get paid on the GMS purchase

The only way GMS makes a penny for the dealer is if they sell other products such as warranty, Lo-Jack, or get a mark up on the rate. My experiences on the Camaros I have sold is they are all paying cash and purchasing
no products, I see no reason to purchase a car at x dollars, sell it at ($x) - ($y) dollars and have GM give the dealer back the ($y) so they break even. If we talking any other vehicle on a Chevy lot at this time I would say go for it and make it up on the increase of service customers.

Redwolf20 07-03-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pglover19 (Post 645554)
Is there anyone willing to share a GM Employee code? I will be ordering a 2LT with the RS package, automatic, and sunroof for my wife's birthday in several weeks.. My dealer is willing to accept GMS discounts... Send me a Private Message....

PLEASE HELP......

GM Employee discount is for family only not friends. Asking someone for it without being family is like asking them to quit their job.

Buckbo 07-03-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 645854)
Supplier discount is available for friends. When I checked for prices, though, nothing comes up.

Each non-executive can do one per month.

Employee pricing (GMS) is different from supplier pricing (GMU).
According to the supplier pricing website a person can request one authorization for a friend for each GM car they buy under the plan (within a year). The discount isn't as good as the employee price but still a great offer.